Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A mate bought a copy from the newsagents opposite the Paxton Road in the early 80's as he done 41 of 42 and used to go on the KR coaches.
He lent me it to me many years later and a nice lady at work copied it for me.
I have got to know a few in photo's especially the Paddington (Fulham away pictures) and a lot of them still go.
Unfortunately some have gone to the big ground in the sky.
I didn't get to any away games that season but done six at home including Bristol Rovers.Does anyone remember the cake shop(Bakers) at the corner of Park Lane and Worcester Avenue?
Cup of Tea and a sausage roll then see if I was first in the queue at the school boys entrance to get my position just to the right of the TV Gantry at the front of the Shelf.Happy Days the best view in football.
I always stood to the left, but you're right, that was the best view in the whole ground.

I always stood to the left, but you're right, that was the best view in the whole ground.
And the day the west stand enclosure standing season ticket holders moved over I was homeless WBA home 1980 lost 2-3 but Stevie scored our goals.I left the ground at half time to queue up for west ham away 1/4 final tickets so I missed them.I have just realized it was to the left also I actually remember you and your perm because it was strange to see girls at football them days

For some mid 70's games we kicked off at 2:15 because there was an energy crisis and we couldn't use the floodlights. Hardly any trains running either, i can recall getting a red rover bus to Victoria then the tube to Seven Sisters. Got in around half time and we were already 0-3 down, stayed till 70th minute or so then did the same journey home.

And the day the west stand enclosure standing season ticket holders moved over I was homeless WBA home 1980 lost 2-3 but Stevie scored our goals.I left the ground at half time to queue up for west ham away 1/4 final tickets so I missed them.I have just realized it was to the left also I actually remember you and your perm because it was strange to see girls at football them days
That bloody perm, I'm never going to be allowed to forget about it, am I?
Those days, I used to go with my sister but she's fallen by the wayside in terms of going, although she stills gives the gooners and spammers at her school a hard time, when it's appropriate.

I was one of those enclosure season ticket holders. :)

Sean, back then you didn't have to be a hooligan or go looking for 'bovver'.... it came looking for you. sometimes at WHL and almost always when travelling away, you'd have to run the gauntlet getting to and from the ground and then quite likely have to fend off local hoolies either infiltrating the away end or lobbing all kinds of shit at you. I could tell you loads of stories from away trips back in the day and I wasn't part of any 'mob'.

Spot on. Travelling into the frozen wastelands of the north was like being in a Mad Max movie. It was kill or be killed (not literally of course).

Even non-firm fans used to have to do their bit when the need arose.

One of the best aways that season was of course Millwall away on Boxing Day (where, in my mind, the song about fighting on Boxing Day originated?) Where leaflets were passed around the Park Lane at the previous home game with the message 'dont bottle it' with details of where to meet and at what time etc .

The mob we had walking from London Bridge to the old Den had to be seen to be believed.

Probably my favourite ever memory of supporting Spurs was when we got relegated and the fans invaded the pitch and demanded the team came out into the directors box and took a standing ovation. Pat Jennings said the players were too embarrassed at first but when they came out it was more like they had won the title than had been relegated. Proper fans proper supporters in those days.

Spot on. Travelling into the frozen wastelands of the north was like being in a Mad Max movie. It was kill or be killed (not literally of course).

Even non-firm fans used to have to do their bit when the need arose.

One of the best aways that season was of course Millwall away on Boxing Day (where, in my mind, the song about fighting on Boxing Day originated?) Where leaflets were passed around the Park Lane at the previous home game with the message 'dont bottle it' with details of where to meet and at what time etc .

The mob we had walking from London Bridge to the old Den had to be seen to be believed.

Probably my favourite ever memory of supporting Spurs was when we got relegated and the fans invaded the pitch and demanded the team came out into the directors box and took a standing ovation. Pat Jennings said the players were too embarrassed at first but when they came out it was more like they had won the title than had been relegated. Proper fans proper supporters in those days.
As i said, i was too young for the 70s. But come the 80s you had to run the gauntlet quite often just using the underground on a Saturday.Had many an altercation with football chaps, just attending gigs.Also i drank round Camden Town back then and northern firms use to like using the pubs round there as a watering holes post match(that lasted well into the 90s) and it kicked off on a fair few occasions.

As i said, i was too young for the 70s. But come the 80s you had to run the gauntlet quite often just using the underground on a Saturday.Had many an altercation with football chaps, just attending gigs.Also i drank round Camden Town back then and northern firms use to like using the pubs round there as a watering holes post match(that lasted well into the 90s) and it kicked off on a fair few occasions.

The London underground in the Seventies and eighties was like the film The Warriors on match days.

My old man said be a Woolwich fan, I said “fcuk off, bollocks you’re a cunt”
We took the North Bank in half a minute,
We took the the Shed with the Chelsea in it,
We Hammered the Hammers,
With carving knifes and spanners,
We taught the Millwall how to fight,
So I’ll never be a Gunner, Cos every cunts a runner,
That’s what I told my old man!

Last edited:
My old man said be a Woolwich fan, I said “fcuk off, bollocks you’re a cunt”
We took the North Bank in half a minute,
We took the the Shed with the Chelsea in it,