Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BTW... after carrying out a bit of Google research related to this thread, I found a link to a web page with a load of the photos of the original book having been photographed and uploaded for viewing. There are 2 albums on the web page to have a look at.
Steve Newill's Library

We had a massive mob in those days and one of the most famous was the 1978 trip to Old Trafford. KR had 50+ coaches from WHL and then we met up with even more at Knutsford. Was the first time a London club had taken a large amount of fans up there and the high road early that morning was a sight to behold. There's United book refers to that day and they were suitably impressed.

Spurs always went in the Boothen end at Stoke and there was always a huge round of applause as they were led around the pitch back to the away end after their exploits. One memory that sticks from Stoke (think it was the 1975 FA cup) when the 'firm' were joining the away end i thought they were singing 'we're the bummy Tottenham army' (stay with me) but it was Northern Spurs and of course it was barmy Tottenham army. Silly what you remember really. That replay was played on a Saturday because their stand blew down midweek.We went up to Newcastle in the semi final of the league cup that week too (lost both games) and at the following home game you were considered disloyal if you hadn't been to both!

Not sure if the same game, but remember we stayed in their end for the whole game, quite a few of us. Also went to the Newcastle game as well, took a bottle of Southern Comfort that I'd won in a raffle at work. Had one mouthful and didn't like it, some mates let me have all their cans of beer as a swap.

We had a massive mob in those days and one of the most famous was the 1978 trip to Old Trafford. KR had 50+ coaches from WHL and then we met up with even more at Knutsford. Was the first time a London club had taken a large amount of fans up there and the high road early that morning was a sight to behold. There's United book refers to that day and they were suitably impressed.

Remember that one too, the coaches were lined from the ground past Lordship Lane. I think I was was on coach 23

Generally, the history of a club is viewed through the trophies won and the players that have represented it over the years. This thread is refreshing in recognising the significance that supporters play in that narrative, and how their unswerving loyalty and willingness to follow the team wherever it takes them is as important (or according to Billy Nick, the most important) element of a football club.

Generally, the history of a club is viewed through the trophies won and the players that have represented it over the years. This thread is refreshing in recognising the significance that supporters play in that narrative, and how their unswerving loyalty and willingness to follow the team wherever it takes them is as important (or according to Billy Nick, the most important) element of a football club.

Always used to make me laugh when the old 'they are not football fans, they are hooligans' line used to get wheeled out.
Loads of those old hoolies are still regulars at Spurs games 40-45 years later.

Always used to make me laugh when the old 'they are not football fans, they are hooligans' line used to get wheeled out.
Loads of those old hoolies are still regulars at Spurs games 40-45 years later.
Agreed.You always got the odd nutter who went just for the rows,but they tended to flit between clubs and certain fixtures.but many of the old punchers from the 70s are still loyal fans to this day.

Last edited:
Anyone remember a certain well known fella at Spurs running on the pitch against the scum with a father christmas hat on? They have the photo behind the ramp in the Beehive(minus the hat,as he had lost it by this time)

Back
Top Bottom