Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely baffling to play 3cbs tonight too. And then to drop vertonghen for sessegnon who has been pigshit whenever he has played.

Once they scored he should have immediately changed the system. He subbed dier after 30mins vs olympiakos didnt he. He seems to have lost any immediacy or passion already for our club.

I'd take harry back at this point. At least we would try and attack.

So season is now done and dusted within the last two weeks or so, and now we can relax a little hoping for Jose to try out a few players on the fringes...🤞

Fans will always have differing opinions as to why or how we are in this position and more importantly what’s the cure...

Bottom line most of the money we have spent over the past few seasons has all but been squandered and without going into that old argument again hopefully Jose knows more about scouting players than the last few managers....we wait and see...

The scouting set up does their job and submits the list to the chairman, who then........
The same person it's always been though so many wanted to hang that around Poch's neck a couple months back. We know who make all the decisions in this club. It doesn't matter if a transfer committee, on which DL sits, makes a list because the list still goes right on back to DL himself. the man said himself, again, at the THST meeting. And I'm sure the same fucknuts will conveniently forget that again this coming summer when it doesn't fit their "Must praise Levy at all times" agenda.

Easy to come out and say that isnt it. Shame alli doesnt fucking try on the pitch. Every other touch is a backheel or flick that comes off once every thousand times.

I'd just like Jose to pick a defence and stick with it. The constant changing must ruin their confidence too. May as well play our youth team from here on out.

It does and let that man sort it out. No elite team can operate in the way that we do. Manure the same. The only difference is that they can piss 80m on Maguire and not worry too much. Stick an extra quid on the shirt prices in China.

DOF = club philosophy from juniors throughout. Governance on the scouting network follows.
100%. People seem to fixate on the DoF's contacts, who he'll be bringing in and forget that the week-in-week-out part is ensuring that you have a common idea from schoolboys to the first team. Ensure that the scouting team are fully on board as you say.

Possibly the DoF who most impressed me in implementing that first part and completely changing the overall mindset never signed a single player - Fernando Hierro (who I'd always thought was a bit thick as a player) when he took over as Spain's sporting director after the 2006 World Cup.

One of the best young managers and one of the best ever managers can’t turn this around it won’t ever change till that bold cunt pisses off with all his money and profit. #LevyOut

We will sell as well though. Ndombele is the one that worries me. Was so excited when we bought him. Might go down as our worst signing since the Bale flops.
If he gets a game we'll see where his head's at. My view is that he's done because he doesn't strike me as one to prove people wrong. To Bill Madrid Bill Madrid s point - scouting wasn't good enough because for all the talent, there wasn't alot of competition and the one thing that's out there is the following:
...in France, a prominent journalist told The Athletic that there was a perception of Ndombele as “arrogant”. This view was entrenched by Ndombele saying in December 2018 that: “To run after the ball against little teams is a bit boring.”

Back
Top Bottom