Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alderweireld: I cannot imagine playing for a team other than Spurs
Always cynical when players come out with this after a contract signed if he thought that he’d have committed a year and half ago and he be a lot wealthier into the bargain, by a couple of million!
About the 'couple of million wealtheir' thing. He is probably been given more than a couple of million for just re-signing. Unless his agent is a moron, Toby was in the driving seat for contract negotiation not levy. "Your manager needs our player, and if my player leaves in the summer, you have to spend 30 odd million to replace him + wages, you get a great deal even if you give us a few million bonus for signing new contract and bigger wages"

You are right about being cynical though. It was always about money.

Now Toby has signed,committed and settled his game will improve because he hasn't got the unknown going on in his head. I would love Jan to sign as I think out of anyone he deserves a good pay packet as he has been here before the Bale money and certainly showed loyalty.
Eriksen...I'm not too sure..
Let's hope this turns out to be the case with Toby.

About the 'couple of million wealtheir' thing. He is probably been given more than a couple of million for just re-signing. Unless his agent is a moron, Toby was in the driving seat for contract negotiation not levy. "Your manager needs our player, and if my player leaves in the summer, you have to spend 30 odd million to replace him + wages, you get a great deal even if you give us a few million bonus for signing new contract and bigger wages"

You are right about being cynical though. It was always about money.
His agent is a moron this could have been done and dusted 18months ago when we offered 150k a week.

Back
Top Bottom