Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice addition to the squad but Davinson Sanchez has been a more than able stand-in and for me this season Vertonghen has been the main central defensive man by a mile.
Let the bloke earn a recall.
To be honest, I think Poch will revert to 3 at the back the moment Toby is passed fit, so they'll all get a go....

4-4-2 is SO '80s...
3-2-3-1-1 is where it's at baby!

I see this as a man a) who can't wait to make a comeback b) possibly feeling a bit pressured that he's not guaranteed a place so needs to do a bit of marketing??

One thing for sure is, when all fit and available, nowhere else on the pitch is there greater competition to get a starting spot (DM too). Perfect.

I see this as a man a) who can't wait to make a comeback b) possibly feeling a bit pressured that he's not guaranteed a place so needs to do a bit of marketing??

One thing for sure is, when all fit and available, nowhere else on the pitch is there greater competition to get a starting spot (DM too). Perfect.

Almost as exciting as the stadium videos!

I’d honestly give him a few matches on the bench, as there’s nobody that’s played in the past few matches that deserves to lose their place. Not sure it gives the correct signal that a player can play very well for weeks, then be benched whenever someone else gets fit.

Son and Sanchez would be the first two on the list to be dropped and neither deserve it at all.

I’d honestly give him a few matches on the bench, as there’s nobody that’s played in the past few matches that deserves to lose their place. Not sure it gives the correct signal that a player can play very well for weeks, then be benched whenever someone else gets fit.

Son and Sanchez would be the first two on the list to be dropped and neither deserve it at all.
Just look at Totti's stats. If fit I would give him mins in cup and start in the premier league ASAP.

These figs include last season though, right?

Whilst he is utter class, we haven't missed him like we did last year. Wanyama has been our biggest miss this season IMO, especially the early part of the season, which included Alderweireld still playing ironically.

Think it includes all 3 seasons he's been with us.

Can't deny we've missed both him and Wanyama.

Who drops out to get him back in?
Depends on who is fit and whether we are playing 3 or 4 at the back. Son had a poor game yesterday but his recent form makes him undropable. Sanchez is a good prospect but not yet in Alderweireld's class if playing 4 at the back or if 3 then Dembele or Dele depending on who we are playing. However with CL matches coming up there will be more than enough matches for all to play.

And in a stunning ‘coincidence’, my penis now feels fully fit again too.
:crouch:

this-is-beautiful.gif

Back
Top Bottom