Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can make an argument for Luiz over Verts (not Toby). You'd be wrong, but I'd listen.

Cahill over both Toby and Verts is just...I don't even know. Words fail me.

You can make an argument for Luiz over Verts (not Toby). You'd be wrong, but I'd listen.

Cahill over both Toby and Verts is just...I don't even know. Words fail me.
even Chelsea fans are confused by this. they all think azp has been miles better.

in fact i'm not even sure he's the bets defender in the epl named Gary.

even Chelsea fans are confused by this. they all think azp has been miles better.

in fact i'm not even sure he's the bets defender in the epl named Gary.
My mate has a horse named Gary. It just won it's maiden race (true story)... I think that makes it better than Cahill.

Azpilicueta should have taken it by a country mile over Cahill. Anyway, as Poch says, who cares?
:pochunimpressed:

Are these transfer rumors new? Just more random shit? Did someone pull his name out of the Spurs Players hat to write about this week?

Next Week - is Daniel Levy planning to sell....HIMSELF?!?!?!? Big shakeup with the big man!

Are these transfer rumors new? Just more random shit? Did someone pull his name out of the Spurs Players hat to write about this week?

Next Week - is Daniel Levy planning to sell....HIMSELF?!?!?!? Big shakeup with the big man!
When Manure, Woolwich, Citeh & Dippers are out of the title race with still 6 games of the season to go, there is nothing to fill the papers other than transfer news linked to them. Only way to keep them relevant.

Already started mate.
xle2np4zk2ox.gif

Lamela and Alderweireld are the only ones in the last 12 months who haven't signed a new deal, so let's get it done.

Lamela and Alderweireld are the only ones in the last 12 months who haven't signed a new deal, so let's get it done.
His current deal doesn't run out until 2020 though, the same as many of those that have all signed new deals.

But what of course is great is work hard, do well, improve and you will get a new deal. Plus it's yet another dagger in the face of a cunt Jorno running lies on our players, at this rate we will have outed all of Fleet Street

Never mind, found the story.

Toby Alderweireld has insisted on the inclusion of a release clause if he is to sign a new deal at Tottenham Hotspur.

The Belgium defender, 28, has twice rejected a new contract and his representative has had no recent talks with the club, amid interest in him from Manchester City, who are also keen on Kyle Walker and Danny Rose, his Spurs team-mates.

Tottenham have the option to extend Alderweireld’s deal by a further season beyond 2019, but should they do so, he has the right to insert a €30 million (£25.3 million) release clause that can be activated from that year. Tottenham have so far rejected his demands for such a clause, resulting in a contract dispute with one of their most important players over the past two seasons.

Alderweireld earns about £53,000 a week and knows that he could at least double that wage by leaving.

Despite the impasse, Mauricio Pochettino has maintained that he is not worried about interest in his centre back from the likes of City and Inter Milan. However, the Tottenham manager faces a fight to keep Walker, who has questioned his future and is leaning towards leaving the club.

The right back was disappointed at being dropped for the FA Cup semi- final against Chelsea last month and the north London derby with Woolwich on Sunday. He has been courted by City, who could double his £70,000-a-week wages, while Manchester United may also be interested in him. Walker, who plans to talk to Pochettino at the end of the season, is frustrated that the likes of Leicester City have paid £100,000 a week to several of their players while Tottenham have kept a tight wage structure, in part, because of the financial demands of their new stadium.

Pochettino has privately questioned whether Walker can play two matches in a week. He made a point of dropping Walker for Kieran Trippier against Woolwich to show that the team could win without him. Tottenham’s scouts have been told to search for full backs — with Rose, the England left back, also linked with City — in addition to them finding a back-up striker for Harry Kane.

The England striker has scored 21 league goals to maintain the club’s title challenge and they could close to within a point of Chelsea if they beat West Ham United on Friday.

“It is good to play first and try to put that pressure on,” Kane said.

“We have had a better season than last year and again whatever happens, next year we have got to be even better. We feel like we can win all four of our games. We feel we can beat anyone.

Back
Top Bottom