Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Alderweirled or Vertonghen in team of the year is an absolute fucking joke. Toby especially because whilst we have been under the radar Tony hasn't and has been highly, highly rated by all those in the media. Fucking fuming at this.

So we have conceded the least goals and lost the least games this season yet both Chelsea CBS are in the team of the year! Fucking joke.

No Alderweirled or Vertonghen in team of the year is an absolute fucking joke. Toby especially because whilst we have been under the radar Tony hasn't and has been highly, highly rated by all those in the media. Fucking fuming at this.

The biggest joke is DeGea. Not even in the top 3 keepers in the league.

So we have conceded the least goals and lost the least games this season yet both Chelsea CBS are in the team of the year! Fucking joke.

Laughable isn't it. Luiz is a quality CB but the idea that Cahill is better than either of Jan or Toby is complete bollocks and everyone knows it.

Not as if he is a one season wonder either, best CB last season as well.

Last edited:

Token Man Utd player even though De Gea is largely unremarkable.

Be fair guys Cahill was selected in bonour of the great John Terry who for some reason used to regularly make it into the UEFA team of the year let alone premier league

:pochfacepalm:

Also I would argue Jan been even better than Toby this season

Alderweireld said: “When I signed, it was for a number of years and I am very pleased with how things are going now. It is an honour to play for Tottenham. I’m very happy to do so.”

“With this team, and with the people working for it, we will get a trophy — 100 per cent. If it is not this season, then it will be the one after. We will do everything we can to make it happen this season.

“Sometimes it is all about details. Last season we didn’t win the League (Spurs were beaten to the title by Leicester) but we kept going. This season we already have 71 points — one more than we got in the whole of last season.

Yeah, he's certainly off to Inter, all the signed are there.
:pochshock:
Full interview here..........

Team of the year was voted for ages ago right when Chavs were 10+ points clear - their back 5 were being praised a lot while we were going about business quietly

I know why it's panned out like this. If one of our centre backs was included over Cahill, then we'd have 5 players in the TOTY versus Chelsea's 4.

You couldn't have that happen now, could you?
:pocheyes:

Edit: side note, if you removed De Gea from the lineup (which you should), there wouldn't be a single United, City, or Woolwich player in the whole thing.
When was the last time that happened?

Back
Top Bottom