Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why wouldn't he be happy? He plays for a great club with one of the best stadiums in the world and in 10 months time he is a free agent which allows him to sign a very lucrative deal somewhere else.

Loads of Tottenham supporters have this inferiority complex where they think players like Eriksen and Toby are too good for this club.

- Captained the team and put a shift in against Juventus.
- Giving positive interview to press.
- Posting happy training pics on his Instagram page.
- We aren't linked with any CBs thus far; and a senior replacement would cost 50m + in today's market.

I don't think there is any doubt that he is going to sign a new contract.

- Captained the team and put a shift in against Juventus.
- Giving positive interview to press.
- Posting happy training pics on his Instagram page.
- We aren't linked with any CBs thus far; and a senior replacement would cost 50m + in today's market.

I don't think there is any doubt that he is going to sign a new contract.

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is he is just going to play one more season and leave on a free, which is the worst of all possible outcomes.

Loads of Tottenham supporters have this inferiority complex where they think players like Eriksen and Toby are too good for this club.
I thought it was Eriksen who originally thought he was too good for Spurs ?
Toby ,on the other hand, just quietly gets on with the job and I'd love to see him stay.

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is he is just going to play one more season and leave on a free, which is the worst of all possible outcomes.

The aspect people don't see here is that it is a big risk to Toby and his agent if they let the contract run down.
Imagine if he picked up an injury this season. He could be left without a club and with no income.

The aspect people don't see here is that it is a big risk to Toby and his agent if they let the contract run down.
Imagine if he picked up an injury this season. He could be left without a club and with no income.

It's a legitimate risk, but the payoff could be nice. His injury record is good.

He will stay for another season and leaves on a free in 10 months time and I'm fine with that scenario. At least he's got a lot to play for in the upcoming season.
Does he?

Why should Poch play him and stifle the development of Dav and Foyth?

Toby staying for a year and leaving on a free is stupidity on all sides.

Does he?

Why should Poch play him and stifle the development of Dav and Foyth?

Toby staying for a year and leaving on a free is stupidity on all sides.
Because we are still a much better side with him in it and Poch wants to achieve big things next season, Davinson will get his game time though and needs to be completely ready for the 2020/2021 season.

Because we are still a much better side with him in it and Poch wants to achieve big things next season, Davinson will get his game time though and needs to be completely ready for the 2020/2021 season.
Dav and Jan have already proven to be a very successful pairing. Foyth is showing signs of maturing into an extremely capable defender. If Toby has no future beyond this season Poch will create problems for himself if he plays him.

Back
Top Bottom