Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is he is just going to play one more season and leave on a free, which is the worst of all possible outcomes.
I think it is very likely he is going to be sold at a low price, and very unlikely he will sign extension.
Toby is likely to ask for big pay raise as this is likely his last good contract. Due to his age, he less attractive to teams with other better options. He is now left with Levy and some mid table teams with ambitious investors. Levy will not as is not Spurs policy to give fat contracts to 30's players. Chinese will not as they typically only buy foreign midfielders and strikers.
He will likely join a club smaller than us but with bigger pay cheque

I’m not sure I see a smaller club being willing to pay him more than we are, which I’d imagine is in the 150k pounds a week vicinity. He’s still a very good player and is likely to end up at a top club if he avoids injury.

Nope. Winks would have defo been captain imo.
love Harry Winks but as for making him captain yesterday I think Poch did the right thing making Toby captain, he is far more experienced, and would command more respect from the many young players in the team, Harry included, he is great but needs a few more years imo

You gotta hand it to Levy. 😄 My guess is this is to flush out a Roma bid before Thursday.
If Toby goes to Roma, Matt will be receiving a complimentary glass of Beavertown on his next visit to the Lane.
It's fair to say a plan is being played out before our eyes, but it's hard to call because "we" don't know if we actually want to Sell Toby or not??

Last edited:
You gotta hand it to Levy. 😄 My guess is this is to flush out a Roma bid before Thursday.
If Toby goes to Roma, Matt will be receiving a complimentary glass of Beavertown on his next visit to the Lane.

If that is the case it means either that Poch is happy with whats left in the CB department or the club have their eye on a replacement.

So, the only way he's leaving now is if:
1. He's already checked out of the Hotel in China and on a flight to xxxx
2. An interested Club has flown out to the Hotel he's staying at in China with a medical team.

Last edited:
Think Ed Woodward has been waiting until now to make his move? Maybe a £50m bid? Their stupid fans will think he’s twice the player as he’s more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom