Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is one of the most irritating things about us re transfers in and out the time they take other clubs just seem to deal....boom that’s it we take fecking forever.....bar yesterday :pochsmirk:...if he wants out fuck him his choice.
That's utter rubbish mate. (90% of transfer stuff that is seen by fans is total bullshit). It's exactly the same for all clubs. Try being a Utd fan, they are linked to just about every single footballer in the world, every single window.

Because he has not signed a new contract does not necessarily mean he does not want to play for Spurs. He has not publically said that and nor has anyone else. He did play for the club at the end of the season.
What it means is that he has refused a new improved contract with more money and a longer term but excluding the get out clause he currently has.
This maybe because he just wants more money, thinks he will more likely earn more trophies elsewhere or the terms of the contract were not acceptable. Toby's tweets were positive showing he wanted to look as he was still on board with the team.
Looks very much that if an acceptable offer to the club and Toby comes in that he will go but he may decide to sit out the next 12 months of his contract on the basis that he will be in a stronger position to get a better contract in 12 months time. If that happens and he trains properly I hope he becomes first choice.

he may decide to sit out the next 12 months of his contract on the basis that he will be in a stronger position to get a better contract in 12 months time. If that happens and he trains properly I hope he becomes first choice.

...Fuck that!

We owe it to ourselves to look after OUR future, NOT Toby's.

Sanchez/Jan #1

Because he has not signed a new contract does not necessarily mean he does not want to play for Spurs. He has not publically said that and nor has anyone else. He did play for the club at the end of the season.
What it means is that he has refused a new improved contract with more money and a longer term but excluding the get out clause he currently has.
This maybe because he just wants more money, thinks he will more likely earn more trophies elsewhere or the terms of the contract were not acceptable. Toby's tweets were positive showing he wanted to look as he was still on board with the team.
Looks very much that if an acceptable offer to the club and Toby comes in that he will go but he may decide to sit out the next 12 months of his contract on the basis that he will be in a stronger position to get a better contract in 12 months time. If that happens and he trains properly I hope he becomes first choice.
As far as I know, nobody has said anything about this in public, so agree with paragraph one, but that doesn’t mean paragraph two is true.
Maybe we are still negotiating. Maybe it’s us not offering him a contract due to worries about his fitness? Maybe we don’t want to give him the wages we think he may want?
Until I see qualities from Toby or Poch or Levy saying we’ve offered a contract that he’s turned down, I’m putting my head in the sand and assuming it’s all press bollocks.
Lots of rumours that he’s turned down a deal. More that he agreed £130k then walked in asking for £180k. Loads or rumours but nothing more.
If I’ve missed direct quotes though, hands up and apologies.

This is a very good post. There has been nothing to suggest Toby refuses to play or has downed tools. Nothing to suggest he's a disruptive influence, and nothing to suggest he won't honour the last contract he signed. Yet people are quick to jump on the bandwagon and label him a cunt like every other top player we've sold in the past.

This is a very good post. There has been nothing to suggest Toby refuses to play or has downed tools. Nothing to suggest he's a disruptive influence, and nothing to suggest he won't honour the last contract he signed. Yet people are quick to jump on the bandwagon and label him a cunt like every other top player we've sold in the past.

Football is a business we're paying Toby thousands a week to do not very much ... that's not good business ... he's been offered a contract he won't sign it (even you must accept that's true) ... fair enough that's his choice ... but if he's not prepared to commit his long term to the club, then he can't expect the club to commit to much effort on him. It's nothing to do with him being a cunt or a diamond geezer it's just business ...

As for 'being a disruptive influence' maybe not directly or intentionally however if one of your workmates has said to the boss 'unless you pay me a whole heap more money I'm off' and because of this worker's stance it's led to pages and pages of speculation in the media about 'underpaid workers want out' would you consider that's a positive influence? or just perhaps, however unintended, a little bit disruptive?

As long as he gives it his all I don’t care look at Modric acted a cunt in the window but never downed tools trained hard and was a big help in his final year. If we do the same with Toby I have no issues. That said if 75 million comes in for him we should sell.

As long as he gives it his all I don’t care look at Modric acted a cunt in the window but never downed tools trained hard and was a big help in his final year. If we do the same with Toby I have no issues. That said if 75 million comes in for him we should sell.

Not about to start ranking 'sins' here, but Modrich wasn't looking to run a contract down (see release clause)... Different circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom