Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usual pinch of salt with regards the SC itk...

Dd-ch12V4AARTwB

Woke up today genuinely not giving a fuck.

Liberating feeling

That United chairman is a mug.... Whatever the outcome, Poch & Levy got this.

He has barely played him this season. So he’s either unfit, or fallen behind Davinson in the pecking order. Or both? There is another possibility that Poch feels betrayed that Toby hasn’t signed a contract that would have doubled his money and has indicated to Poch that he wants away? Pochettino demands loyalty from his players. I think we have seen how he treats those who betray his trust. And I think he is dead right to expect 100% in return for what he has done for the players in terms of their development.

Well we’ll probably never know whether he’s been unfit, behind Sanchez, pissed Poch off (not advisable!) or refused to sign a contract doubling his wages

That’s my point
It’s all speculation

For me I think he’s class and Sanchez could learn from him and I hope he signs a new contract like Poch but if it’s true he doesn’t want to play for us then get rid
On that though I’d sooner get less for him rather than strengthen one of our rivals which he most certainly would

Poch signing for five years has made my week by the way and what would top it off would be Bale scoring an injury time winner tomorrow

I’m just bored at work....I’m done in 45 minutes though.

Just found it amusing to see all the people who were enraged about selling Toby now lapping it up because it’s what Poch wants

Aren’t you just boring at work like you are on here?
:goonermong:

They can interpret what they want, but the word support has an actual meaning.
Support has a bearing on something.
An effect.

Talking on here is not supporting the club, and if you think it is, you are wrong.

You can post on here for ten years, yet buy a key ring from the club shop, and you have done more to support THFC

So what defines a supporter then?

Well we’ll probably never know whether he’s been unfit, behind Sanchez, pissed Poch off (not advisable!) or refused to sign a contract doubling his wages

That’s my point
It’s all speculation

For me I think he’s class and Sanchez could learn from him and I hope he signs a new contract like Poch but if it’s true he doesn’t want to play for us then get rid
On that though I’d sooner get less for him rather than strengthen one of our rivals which he most certainly would

Poch signing for five years has made my week by the way and what would top it off would be Bale scoring an injury time winner tomorrow
If he wanted to sign, he would have done by now. The contract negotiations were ongoing for a year or more & broke down suddenly. We aren’t going to offer him any more or we would have done by this stage. So the ball is in his court, but I take the view that he has burned his bridges with Poch. Rose was widely regarded as teachers pet by his colleagues & Poch dropped him like a dog turd after his interview with the press. He was first choice. Now he isn’t. That is also down to Poch. It appears to me to be exactly the same situation with Rose & Toby as it was with Walker. Rock the boat & you will get the odd game just to keep you in the shop window, but you are dead to him to all intents and purposes.

Back
Top Bottom