Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if he signs how can anyone give a sigh of relief?

I have no confidence in anyone of it, as with Walker. Either way, he will leave because playing for Spurs and being part of the project doesn’t seem to be his priority.

Even if he signs how can anyone give a sigh of relief?

I have no confidence in anyone of it, as with Walker. Either way, he will leave because playing for Spurs and being part of the project doesn’t seem to be his priority.
This is why I suspect he's gone and we're getting funny injury news. Poch won't want him being part of the first team if this is the case.

Edit grammar

Last edited:
Would go (b) all day long. Another season and we still get £25m IF he goes. A lot more valuable than an extra £20-30m we might be able to get by selling this summer which in reality we'd have to recycle on a new player anyhow.

One year later we'd STILL have to buy a replacement. Only then we'd have way less money for it... so really unreasonable decision.
Plus you assume that he would be super focused and motivated during this extra year, while I really doubt he would be.

Even though I defended my point that losing him will be a significant blow, then on this scale I agree it is not enough of a blow to throw 25 mil away! Put things into context, our whole income for one year is approx 400 mil. 25 is 1/16th of our yearly revenue!! Not reasonable!

I’d take him

Imagine what he would be able to teach Sanchez, Tripps, Davies and the rest of our defence

:llorisunsure:
I'd take him on a reasonable salary for a 33-year old player. Like you said he'd be invaluable as a mentor for the younger defenders in the team. Problem is that PSG/Man City/Shanghai/LA/NYC would happily offer him an insane salary, and why would he turn that down?

I'd take him on a reasonable salary for a 33-year old player. Like you said he'd be invaluable as a mentor for the younger defenders in the team. Problem is that PSG/Man City/Shanghai/LA/NYC would happily offer him an insane salary, and why would he turn that down?

Let’s offer it and find out

If Toby is off I don’t think you’ll see us make a big move. I think you’ll see what we’ve had for the majority of the season - Jan and Sanchez starting in a back four. Dier occasionally back there too if we want to play 3 at the back. Foyth probably gets a larger role in his second season, and maybe we do a deal like the Evans rumour just for depth.

I’ll miss Toby, but if he wants out then sell him to the continent for a pile of cash we can reinvest. If in the end we basically swapped Toby for Sanchez for equal terms and got significantly younger, then that’s good business I think.

I think if Toby goes we will do the same as when Walker left buy someone who at present is not as good but potentially maybe. Whilst I had no knowledge of how good Aurier was before he arrived, he is not as good as Walker but maybe will be in the future. Expect similar if Toby goes.

I think if Toby goes we will do the same as when Walker left buy someone who at present is not as good but potentially maybe. Whilst I had no knowledge of how good Aurier was before he arrived, he is not as good as Walker but maybe will be in the future. Expect similar if Toby goes.

Davinson-Sanchez-2017.png

Scout Report: Davinson Sanchez | Ajax’s Polished Defender
Looks like a good shout, maybe we should look at signing that kid as a Toby replacement.
:sherwoodlol:

But that’s literally just what you said we should buy if Toby left - someone young that’s not at that level but has the potential to be/exceed, ala Aurier?

:avbcringe:
Yes I agree. The point I am making is that short term we miss out but possibly we may get someone that is as good in 2 years or so. However Sanchez was in the team anyway with Toby . Also if we lose players and the immediate replacement is not as good then our chances of sucess are reduced.

Back
Top Bottom