Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People said the same thing when Walker moved on. Whilst it did stregthen City, I'm not so sure it made us weaker. Not in the long term.
It did. Not sure what long term is supposed to mean, because less than a year passed since he left. Listen, last year we had the best defence in the league, this year we have the third best defence in the league. Okay, maybe it's not a big deal as City spent 200m alone on defenders and Mourinho is a defensive manager, but Walker would certainly play ahead of Aurier & Trippier if he was at the club today.

Personally I think Walker is a weak link in the City side
I agree, I watch them and I think that the style that they want to play doesn't suit him very well. He's not as technically gifted as the rest of that team. He's still an upgrade on what they had though. Someone like kimmich at bayern would be the type of player that would suit their style.

I agree, I watch them and I think that the style that they want to play doesn't suit him very well. He's not as technically gifted as the rest of that team. He's still an upgrade on what they had though. Someone like kimmich at bayern would be the type of player that would suit their style.
Yeah I don't think he'll be first choice within two two years

It did. Not sure what long term is supposed to mean, because less than a year passed since he left. Listen, last year we had the best defence in the league, this year we have the third best defence in the league. Okay, maybe it's not a big deal as City spent 200m alone on defenders and Mourinho is a defensive manager, but Walker would certainly play ahead of Aurier & Trippier if he was at the club today.

Best English RB. Although I know a lot of our fans never rated him, always argued with my dad about him.

Think he would have been on Dybala’s heels for “that” goal.
Sort of situations he generally does well in. Someone visible to him in a straight foot race.
You see vertonghen starting position to Trippier for that goal, yet verts ends up closer to him and tripper just jogging along.

If he goes, he goes, but for the life of me, please don't sell him within the Premier League.

I know we don't sell to Chelsea or Woolwich, but fuck the Manchester clubs and Liverpool too.

I still think selling Walker to City was one of the most idiotic decisions. Yeah, we may not have won the League, but strengthening a rival? If City beat United, then Walker returns as a Premier League Winner on his first season after leaving. Don't tell me that doesn't play a song in our player's minds. He's won THE title and earning how much more whilst doing it? Yeah, City would have done well without him, but that's not what matters, is it?

Plus, after the alleged jerking us off with Jadon Sancho, Levy's reputation would be non-existent if he went back to deal with the corrupt dictatorship running Citeh. No more selling to Premier League rivals. It doesn't become us.

At minimum, selling abroad would give us a 1 year delay if the player were to then be purchased by one of our domestic rivals, which given we still idiotically scramble for last minute transfers who then need a "Poch-preseason" to get up to speed, would leave us at least on par.

I wonder if their is truth in the £44m asking price being banded about.. Prob BS.

But I guess with one year on the contract left and I think he is 29, that would mean the lower valuation. I just can't get my head around any player not being happy with £100K a week, £5.2m a year before you start including other endorsements and add-ons. I guess when you start to move in those financial circles, your toys and outlook on life get more expensive as well.

Its pointless trying to work out why ANYONE WOULDN'T BE happy with anything over £50k PER WEEK... let alone £100k!
but these aren't ordinary circumstances, and warped times we're living in!!

Back
Top Bottom