To Hull and back. Hull versus the Spurs sunday 21.05.2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

let's finish the season on a high, Kane hat trick in the first half please, anything less than 7-0 and we need to seriously consider an upgrade on Poch next season..............
:pocheyes:

Would love to see some of the younger fringe players get a run about; think GKN deserves a chance and would obviously love to see KWP and Edwards too...

Season feels very bitter sweet for me, obviously it has been fantastic and exceeded all my wildest expectations- off the back of the Euros and Newcastle all the chatter was about struggling to make top 6, never mind mounting a title challenge.

Regardless, I can't get rid myself of the feeling that.. we should have won it. We've been far and away the best side for over two years and it irks me that we have nothing to show for it. I hope the player's don't have a sinking "what more can we do.." feeling. We could end the season with 86 points, an unbeaten home record, only 4 losses, 3 players with over 20 goals, the best defense and the leagues top goal scorer; but no title. I'm not complaining - I just want the team to be rewarded for how unbelievable they've been- they deserve it. 9/10 we win this season at a canter; I don't say this likely, but both Chelsea and Leicester benefited from a hell of a lot of good fortune.

Going into the last game, I think it's important we win and maintain the positive atmosphere around the club...to counter the increasing speculation surrounding our wage structure and the circling vultures. I hope the players keep the faith and stay committed to doing things 'the right way' - if they do; the trophy's will come and be all the sweeter for it. I'd rather finish second for eternity, than be an embezzlement scheme for Russian Oligarchs. I love our club.
Would love to see some of the younger fringe players get a run about; think GKN deserves a chance and would obviously love to see KWP and Edwards too...

Season feels very bitter sweet for me, obviously it has been fantastic and exceeded all my wildest expectations- off the back of the Euros and Newcastle all the chatter was about struggling to make top 6, never mind mounting a title challenge.

Regardless, I can't get rid myself of the feeling that.. we should have won it. We've been far and away the best side for over two years and it irks me that we have nothing to show for it. I hope the player's don't have a sinking "what more can we do.." feeling. We could end the season with 86 points, an unbeaten home record, only 4 losses, 3 players with over 20 goals, the best defense and the leagues top goal scorer; but no title. I'm not complaining - I just want the team to be rewarded for how unbelievable they've been- they deserve it. 9/10 we win this season at a canter; I don't say this likely, but both Chelsea and Leicester benefited from a hell of a lot of good fortune.

Going into the last game, I think it's important we win and maintain the positive atmosphere around the club...to counter the increasing speculation surrounding our wage structure and the circling vultures. I hope the players keep the faith and stay committed to doing things 'the right way' - if they do; the trophy's will come and be all the sweeter for it. I'd rather finish second for eternity, than be an embezzlement scheme for Russian Oligarchs. I love our club.
We should not in our less objective moments forget we have and do pay
a pretty sum for many of our players, with some of the more expensive ones having fallen short of expectation, but acquired at high cost nonetheless.

We are however somewhat strangulated by the lure of the few clubs who can offer enough additional money and a tinge more opportunity of success. The reality also being that those players who want to stay merely use it as a bargaining chip.

However like you I find it very hard to accept 2 seasons of being so good and to have no silverware to show for it. A big square pill of indigestible sh!t in fact. So yes, lets all hope the players keep believing and see that new stadium and all it should bring. At that stage I think only the two big Spanish giants and Bayern will snare any of the players whose contracts have 2 years or more remaining.

Loads of goals Please.Don't mind who gets them, but a brace(at least) for Harry for the Golden Boot,and a Hat trick for Son would be nice. Would be nice to have a end of season party and enjoy a goal fest. Thursday was good, can we go one better Tomorrow :)

Loads of goals Please.Don't mind who gets them, but a brace(at least) for Harry for the Golden Boot,and a Hat trick for Son would be nice. Would be nice to have a end of season party and enjoy a goal fest. Thursday was good, can we go one better Tomorrow :)

Thursday was just a warm up, tommorow we can go into double figures! :allitongue::kanegoal::sonlol:

One of the admins of a Spurs page on Facebook just posted this, hopefully the Spurs contingent at KC can show their support tonight.

"Alyn Blaze, A good friend of mine who followed Spurs and down the country sadly lost his battle with cancer last week, aged just 39. Alyn has left behind a loving wife and 2 wonderful Spurs-mad children.

As a tribute, could everyone who is attending the Hull game tomorrow please stand and applaud on the 39th minute, in memory of Alyn who has been taken away from us at such a young age.

Please share this post, and get the message out to as many people as we can.

#COYS"

COYS News

Last edited:
"Alyn Blaze, A good friend of mine who followed Spurs and down the country sadly lost his battle with cancer last week, aged just 39. Alyn has left behind a loving wife and 2 wonderful Spurs-mad children.

As a tribute, could everyone who is attending the Hull game tomorrow please stand and applaud on the 39th minute, in memory of Alyn who has been taken away from us at such a young age.

Please share this post, and get the message out to as many people as we can.

#COYS"

COYS News

That's sad news Mate..Thoughts to all concerned..

I wonder what kind of hull we're getting today, their defence is rubbish and they're already relegated...but memories of Newcastle last year still cause me erection dysfunction

I wonder what kind of hull we're getting today, their defence is rubbish and they're already relegated...but memories of Newcastle last year still cause me erection dysfunction

This is a new mentally improved Spurs, don't worry Mate.. The best that can happen is we win with Harry bagging a few, the worst thing that can happen is we finish second..

Back
Top Bottom