"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s not talk about the title race, but if we can somehow get within 3 points by the time we play pool it’s on baby! :angryscouser:

I said that in another thread.

Only way I'd consider us in the title race is if we're somehow within 3 or 4 points of Liverpool by the time we play them at Anfield.

Are we going to win the league?
giphy.gif

There’s quite a lot of games left, and it really wouldn’t surprise me to see Liverpool burn out. They remind me of us in the early Pochettino years, and it took a few seasons for him to find the balance between steamroller football and careful game management. Could be a tortoise and hare race to the line.

If we can carry on picking up points whilst Kane and Dele are out I’ll be fairly confident we could cause an upset. Obviously need to win at Klanfield though.

Can go 4pts behind Liverpool and above City.
See if the cracks of pressure continue later in the Liverpool match.....

100 of the 100% correct.

This is really what we need to do.

It is inconceivable in many respects that we are anywhere near these two spending titans but we are.

Like Olaf Beyer nobody but nobody is talking about us. Even yesterday and although we are 2 points behind City we are ignored.

So lets just see if we can squeeze every pip out of that orange.

A win (not easy at all) against a solid Newcastle at a time when we can then enjoy the rest of the sporting weekend would further ramp up the pressure.

And with West Ham on Monday, the single most unpredictable team going who knows what will happen to Liverpool.

And with West Ham on Monday, the single most unpredictable team going who knows what will happen to Liverpool.

If we win, thats a long time they have for the nerves to set in. And City v Scum is a win win.

Somehow, we are still there, like a drunk, beaten up old man who still thinks he has a shot with the stunner at the bar, but every now and then, she smiles at one of his lines.

Wolves for me was the end. But here we are......dare to dream. If Poch pulls this off, going out of the cups would be the most vindicated event of the season.

Can go 4pts behind Liverpool and above City.
See if the cracks of pressure continue later in the Liverpool match.....
I think Man City win would give them more shivers than our win v Newcastle, at this point. They would cut it down to 2 points which is going to test Liverpool's mentality, they had the chance to put title race pretty much to bed last night but they failed. I think while it might look like it's between City and Liverpool, we might have an outside chance too. We just have to avoid injuries to any more players and get back the main man and Dele and hopefully Eriksen recovers his form and why not, we can beat anyone.

Idk why but I have a feeling Spam will get a point at least out of them, unless they play some retarded high line shit like in the Anfield game.

I think Man City win would give them more shivers than our win v Newcastle, at this point. They would cut it down to 2 points which is going to test Liverpool's mentality, they had the chance to put title race pretty much to bed last night but they failed. I think while it might look like it's between City and Liverpool, we might have an outside chance too. We just have to avoid injuries to any more players and get back the main man and Dele and hopefully Eriksen recovers his form and why not, we can beat anyone.

Idk why but I have a feeling Spam will get a point at least out of them, unless they play some retarded high line shit like in the Anfield game.

I agree but when you think a couple weeks ago the gap was 12pts, I think it would be impossible for them not to feel more than a touch of the jitters and thoughts about themselves bottling it

You mention two games we have won with late winners. Won, not lost.

Yet this thread is a jinx? How is that?
See Stuart's comments above. We simply are not playing well enough at present. Apart from some excellent results and performances over Xmas, we have been getting results without playing well. Some of our first half performances are awful. I know we have more points than previous seasons but we are playing worse this season than previously. Injuries, tiredness and loss of Dembele and Son's international absences are the main reasons but I am just happy we are on course for top 4 and if still within touching distance when Kane and Dele back then we can talk about this again.still to play the other top 5 clubs.

Back
Top Bottom