"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As it stands, match day 35 with a 9 point deficit is when we can’t win it. So until then there’s a chance. Slim, unlikely or otherwise until it’s not achieveable should we not have discussion?

We’ve been ravaged by injury, the same could happen to Liverpool’s forward line - they are already light at the back.

I admire your optimism.

Also.

You are clearly a madman.

:dembelelol:

:dierpochhug:

I think this thread is a good reality check.

We are now down to relying on a bench of 18-21 year old development players and senior players nowhere near the first team level. That’s not how you win the league.

I’ve seen the question posed “do you support the football team or the stadium?” from time to time on this forum.

It’s clear to me that the two are so linked it is actually impossible to separate them.
Our football club is more about investment in the stadium than the playing staff right now.

Support Tottenham Hotspur? You basically support an entity spending the better part of £1billion on property development. That money as people are so happy to point out is paid for by the supporters.

So our ability to challenge at the level we do on the football pitch is purely down to a perfect storm of exceptional Talent on the pitch and a great management staff.

Our “title rivals” City invest in the playing staff on a level never seen before and Liverpool have spent big on specific positions they have recognised as needing strengthening.
While the reality is that most of the money being spent at our club is on the stadium.

Imagine that same amount being spent on the team instead.
Then we are in a title race.
But instead I see us purely in a fight for top 4.

And for Murphy Murphy - to dare is to build a stadium - IMO that is the new motto for our times.
Doesn’t have a very good ring to it though, I still prefer the old one!

giphy.gif

It's not back on for a very simple reason. If we had beaten Wolves, we closed the gap to three points. We beat Watford and closed the gap to seven points with fewer games remaining.

Win against Newcastle at lunch time Saturday and they genuinely can't ignore us.

We'd be 4 points off top and sitting in 2nd place above Man City..

I don't think we are in it but we've gone a very long way tonight in cementing our top four hopes for next season. A truly brilliant gameweek for us.

Win against Newcastle at lunch time Saturday and they genuinely can't ignore us.
Oh they can, and they will

We'd be 4 points off top and sitting in 2nd place above Man City..
with a game ahead of City and Pool, and I don't see Pool losing to West Ham. 7 points isn't a race when first place is flying IMO

I don't think we are in it but we've gone a very long way tonight in cementing our top four hopes for next season. A truly brilliant gameweek for us.
This is all I care about right now. Champions League in the new stadium.

Back
Top Bottom