"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We play Fulham on Sunday at 4:00pm on the 20th January and Chelsea on the 22nd. What an absolute piss take that is! Surely common sense tells you that we should be playing that one on the Wednesday regardless of how the draw was made. Either that or the Premier League simply shouldn't be allowed to pick a game that weekend whereby a team potentially in the semi finals that could be playing that day are moved to get TV time on the Sunday.

Appalling decision making over something so simple from the top brass yet again!

We play Fulham on Sunday at 4:00pm on the 20th January and Chelsea on the 22nd. What an absolute piss take that is! Surely common sense tells you that we should be playing that one on the Wednesday regardless of how the draw was made. Either that or the Premier League simply shouldn't be allowed to pick a game that weekend whereby a team potentially in the semi finals that could be playing that day are moved to get TV time on the Sunday.

Appalling decision making over something so simple from the top brass yet again!
Is it too late to change?

I brought this up before - the dates haven't been confirmed apparently.

I imagine we'll play the first leg on a Tuesday (as we play on the Friday before in the FA Cup) and the second leg will be played on the Wednesday after Fulham. Although, Man City ALSO play on the 20th in the league.

Is it too late to change?

I'm not sure, if there's a chance it can change then they should be doing their utmost to do so. It's stuff like this that the media should be doing their homework on and writing segments about, not trash talk about managerial merry go rounds or January transfer deals to be had.

Sadly journalism has turned into some real tacky shit, as has the wellbeing of footballers under the guidance of the premier league

I brought this up before - the dates haven't been confirmed apparently.

I imagine we'll play the first leg on a Tuesday (as we play on the Friday before in the FA Cup) and the second leg will be played on the Wednesday after Fulham. Although, Man City ALSO play on the 20th in the league.

Man City are basically through to the final, though.

Would be interesting to know what Leicesters percentages were at this stage of the season.
Don't know about how the betting markets saw them, but after 19 games in 2015/16 the table looked like this:
9lqXW23.png

From here.

At that stage everyone was still thinking Leicester wouldn't be able to keep up the pace, and I imagine that despite being equal first on points they'd still have been seen as rank outsiders, more so than we are now.

Since Jose got sacked our manager is no longer the leader of a bunch of bottle jobs that came 3rd in a two horse race it seems.

I expect a full on assault in the media about how Spurs are right in the mix, doing it the right way with a brilliant squad all due to our excellent manager......who deserves better in the summer.

But whatever the reasons for a change of tune, only an absolute idiot can think Spurs are not in a title race.

Don't know about how the betting markets saw them, but after 19 games in 2015/16 the table looked like this:
9lqXW23.png

From here.

At that stage everyone was still thinking Leicester wouldn't be able to keep up the pace, and I imagine that despite being equal first on points they'd still have been seen as rank outsiders, more so than we are now.
I'm almost certain they were higher odds than we are now at that stage. Maybe about 35/1, something like that.

9lqXW23.png

From here.

Also interesting that Man City dropped like a stone from that point onwards.
:sonhmm:

I do have a nagging fear that Man City just don't have the same motivation to win the league in a 'title defence' season as they did, for example, last year. Could honestly see it shape up that we're the only fuckers who end up trying to stop Liverpool.

Also interesting that Man City dropped like a stone from that point onwards.
:sonhmm:

I do have a nagging fear that Man City just don't have the same motivation to win the league in a 'title defence' season as they did, for example, last year. Could honestly see it shape up that we're the only fuckers who end up trying to stop Liverpool.
Funny that Woolwich were top of the league at that point yet historically according to everyone we bricked it.

:pocheyes:

Funny that Woolwich were top of the league at that point yet historically according to everyone we bricked it.

:pocheyes:
I've used that fact as a retort any time one of the cunts pulls the 'third in a two-horse race' bollocks on me.

The reality is that Woolwich had their best chance to win the league in years and pissed it away being mediocre - whereas we could easily be forgiven for not quite being at the level yet to win it. If only the Leicester year had happened 1/2 years later...

I think the reference was to bricking 2nd place to them - which in fairness we did spectacularly
I guess my point was that we were never top of the league that season and Woolwich were, but its never “ man, Woolwich blew it”. It’s just about us finishing third. Small time logic on their part.

Back
Top Bottom