"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at who went down the last time we finished second...

1zdrn8i.png

And how did Joe Lewis make 4.5 billion?
Admittedly, he took advantage of Black Wednesday. However:
  1. He didn't purchase the club for exposure purposes to avoid Putin taking his head.
  2. He hasn't artificially pumped money into our club - unlike Chelsea where they owe literally everything to Abramovich.
But you know this, so don't play around with the false equivalency of comparing him to Joe Lewis.

And you've never been relegated.
Congratulations on your win.

Yes we've been down once in my lifetime. I saw loads of the games that season, we had crowds of up to 50,000, decent support. The first day back in Div 1 away at Clough's Forest the M1 was at a standstill for miles with Spurs trying to get to the game.

I think one of your Div 2 crowds was about 7,000, v Cardiff. A mate of mine was there, told him he shouldve had a T-shirt printed.

Congratulations on your win.

Yes we've been down once in my lifetime. I saw loads of the games that season, we had crowds of up to 50,000, decent support. The first day back in Div 1 away at Clough's Forest the M1 was at a standstill for miles with Spurs trying to get to the game.

I think one of your Div 2 crowds was about 7,000, v Cardiff. A mate of mine was there, told him he shouldve had a T-shirt printed.
Carlisle actually.

In all honesty, even if we don't end up challenging in the long run, I am just very very pleased with the clear improvement year on year under Pochettino.

Our points per game really is incredible right now and in most Premier League seasons, we'd either be top of the tree with that sort of PPG or closer than 6 points off top. You'd expect continuous improvement will see us competing sooner rather than later. If not by the end of this season, certainly next in our new stadium etc.

It's hard to see where 6 points is made up when Liverpool are playing the way they have, conceding only 7 goals ALL season and being unbeaten at home for 2+ years for example but bigger gaps against BETTER teams have been made up.

I think the big one is getting to the 3rd of January with maximum points because that's when City play Liverpool and as we play before those two play, we can sit down with our feet up. Because if we DO get 9 points from our next 3 games (basing this on City and Liverpool getting maximum points within that time), we'd be 3 points off of Liverpool and 1 point in front of City knowing that any result really benefits us.

But, I'm not going to get ahead of myself. We've just seen a weekend where Leicester have gone to Stamford Bridge and got 3 points and Crystal Palace have scored 3 goals away at City for the first time in 31 years all whilst smashing Everton 2-6 and Fulham keeping a cleansheet. There will be more shocks to come.

One game at a time and all that. Big game against Bournemouth coming up.

Back
Top Bottom