Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he's doing an excellent job so far, has got thir confidnece up and they are playing to their strengths. They have got a better squad than most down that end of the table but credit to him for making it work.
Now I really hope they get pounded in their remaining games and relegated.

He is doing well, but still acting like a cunt. Heard him interviewed on 5Live at the weekend:

Reporter - You must be happy with the result, but the other results didn't go your way
Twat - We need to win the next three games and we'll stay up
Reporter - Yes, but it's getting tight down there
Reporter - So do you think you are still in a battle to avoid relegation?
Reporter - You are confident in staying up then?

I imagine if he'd been asked if it was raining, or if he had the time, he'd have said "We need to win the next three games and we'll stay up". Doesn't anybody have a word with him and tell him hes acting like a fanny?

Next season will be the real test. Give him a transfer window, expectation and a full season, and we'll see what kind of manager he is. I think personality wise he's a right off though. Anything that would have grounded him slightly, went out the window when they got to the FA cup final.

The Aston Villa squad was always too talented to get relegated. I have no idea how they underachieved like they did under Lambert.
Agreed. I always liked Lambert as a manager too, thought he did a good job at Norwich. Not sure where it went wrong at Villa. Probably buying too many average players in the end. But still, Sherwood is getting them scoring goals, Lambert couldn't. Strange.

I've been impressed by his performance at Villa I must admit. Next step is to prove he's more than a "kick up the arse"-motivator and can actually build a team. Will be interesting to see next year for sure.

Hopefully he trashes Woolwich in the final too!

Tim got the highest PPG in our Prem history yet was appallingly abused as being 'dim' and 'clueless'.

Now he has pretty much steered Villa to safety and an FA Cup final (we haven't been in that final since 1991). The case for him being a better manager than Poch (he's beaten him head to head three times in a row as well) is being to look very persuasive.

As I've said many a time if 'Tim is dim' what does that make Poch?

Tim got the highest PPG in our Prem history yet was appallingly abused as being 'dim' and 'clueless'.

Now he has pretty much steered Villa to safety and an FA Cup final (we haven't been in that final since 1991). The case for him being a better manager than Poch (he's beaten him head to head three times in a row as well) is being to look very persuasive.

you are such a wanker

And even so, he still managed to get himself sacked and despised by large parts of the Tottenham faithful. Speaks volumes of him doesn't it? Results wise he was fine, no doubt, and he deserves credit for what he did with our youth setup, but the man had to go. I wish him the best at Villa though.

And even so, he still managed to get himself sacked and despised by large parts of the Tottenham faithful. Speaks volumes of him doesn't it? Results wise he was fine, no doubt, and he deserves credit for what he did with our youth setup, but the man had to go. I wish him the best at Villa though.
I'm afraid it speaks volumes for the Tottenham faithful and the board.
A large amount of Spurs 'supporters' made them themselves look extremely foolish over their virulent, ill-judged, and in the light of subsequent history, frankly comical, opinions re Sherwood.
As for the owners, the worst trophy haul since the 1930s says plenty, indeed I would say enough, about their lack of ability and judgement :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom