Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only thing our leadership did wrong re Sherwood was not take him aside and tell him he sounded like a twat every time he opened his stupid fucking mouth. If he'd sorted that out, he'd still have a job at Spurs.

The only thing our leadership did wrong re Sherwood was not take him aside and tell him he sounded like a twat every time he opened his stupid fucking mouth. If he'd sorted that out, he'd still have a job at Spurs.
And by the end, that was enough for me. Listening to him was absolutely painful.

Tim got the highest PPG in our Prem history yet was appallingly abused as being 'dim' and 'clueless'.

Now he has pretty much steered Villa to safety and an FA Cup final (we haven't been in that final since 1991). The case for him being a better manager than Poch (he's beaten him head to head three times in a row as well) is being to look very persuasive.

As I've said many a time if 'Tim is dim' what does that make Poch?
I don't know, but he walked into the FA Cup sixth round. He's managed two games in the FA Cup to put them into the Final. Hardly an imperious record.

But I can think of another manager who put his team into a Cup Final in his first season, but unlike Sherwood who practically walked into it, he was in the job for the entire run. That shouldn't be glossed over just because you've got an axe to grind.

Why the fuck am I bothering with this though, you've got me and half the forum on ignore just for calling you out on the nonsense that constantly escapes your mouth.

I'm afraid it speaks volumes for the Tottenham faithful and the board.
A large amount of Spurs 'supporters' made them themselves look extremely foolish over their virulent, ill-judged, and in the light of subsequent history, frankly comical, opinions re Sherwood.
As for the owners, the worst trophy haul since the 1930s says plenty, indeed I would say enough, about their lack of ability and judgement :thumbup:

I respect Levy and Co for shoring us up financially but I agree they've lacked direction and ambition at times. Nor am I thrilled with the trophy haul. However, I do think Tim could've handled himself better outside of the pitch - I believe he'd still be here if he did. But it was a learning experience for him and he's proving many people wrong at Villa.

For me personally, his first full season will decide whether he's the real deal or just a highly skilled motivator who's gotten a bit lucky with circumstances [replacing two managers who had lost the fans and chained their players to overly ambitious tactics]. I'd stress that he's achieved solid results in his first two halves of seasons as a manager though.

Can't deny he's got results at Villa. But he behaved like a bell end and it was all about 'him' he had to go. The real test will be over the course of a whole season - when his grating persona begins to piss players off.

I don't regret letting him go, I've nothing against him, but if he kept his mouth shut and behaved with dignity maybe he would still be here.

Can't deny he's got results at Villa. But he behaved like a bell end and it was all about 'him' he had to go. The real test will be over the course of a whole season - when his grating persona begins to piss players off.

I don't regret letting him go, I've nothing against him, but if he kept his mouth shut and behaved with dignity maybe he would still be here.

See I couldn't give a monkeys how our manager behaves if he's getting results much prefer that to some incompetent who gets beat 3 nil by Stoke.

Everything he said in the media about our players has proven to be spot on.

I don't know, but he walked into the FA Cup sixth round. He's managed two games in the FA Cup to put them into the Final. Hardly an imperious record.

But I can think of another manager who put his team into a Cup Final in his first season, but unlike Sherwood who practically walked into it, he was in the job for the entire run. That shouldn't be glossed over just because you've got an axe to grind.

Why the fuck am I bothering with this though, you've got me and half the forum on ignore just for calling you out on the nonsense that constantly escapes your mouth.

He beat Liverpool and West Brom.... We lost to Leicester in the 3rd round.

As for us getting to Wembley, we did that via home games against:

Forest 14th in the championship
Brighton 20th in the championship ,
Newcastle about to drop into the championship
and 2 legs against League one Sheffield United,

I respect Levy and Co for shoring us up financially but I agree they've lacked direction and ambition at times. Nor am I thrilled with the trophy haul. However, I do think Tim could've handled himself better outside of the pitch - I believe he'd still be here if he did. But it was a learning experience for him and he's proving many people wrong at Villa.

For me personally, his first full season will decide whether he's the real deal or just a highly skilled motivator who's gotten a bit lucky with circumstances [replacing two managers who had lost the fans and chained their players to overly ambitious tactics]. I'd stress that he's achieved solid results in his first two halves of seasons as a manager though.
Fair comments Mr B.

So far Sherwood looks a better manager than Poch, and all those who called him 'unflattering' names and generally gave him dogs' abuse, and this forum was by no means the worst, are now looking very silly.

However as you say, let's see how he (and indeed Poch) look at the end of next season.

I've lost a lot of faith in Poch, so my bet ATM is Sherwood will be looking the better Prem manager by then.:sherwoodlol:

He beat Liverpool and West Brom.... We lost to Leicester in the 3rd round.

As for us getting to Wembley, we did that via home games against:

Forest 14th in the championship
Brighton 20th in the championship ,
Newcastle about to drop into the championship
and 2 legs against League one Sheffield United,
Are you seriously dismissing a cup final because of the route we got there? Ridiculous.

According to ESPN, Aston Villa are now in 'advanced talks' to sign Swindon Town playmaker Massimo Luongo this summer.

Villa are closing in on Premier League survival after superb work from manager Tim Sherwood, who took over the club in February after a dire run of results under Paul Lambert.

With their Premier League status all but secured, Villa will now be looking to add new faces in the summer transfer window as they work to prevent another relegation battle next season - and it seems that Sherwood is already closing in on his first signing of the summer.

ESPN report that Villa are in 'advanced talks' to sign Swindon Town midfielder Luongo, who worked with Sherwood at Tottenham Hotspur.

The Australian international, 22, has been the driving force for Swindon this season, and played a key part on Monday night as the Robins beat Sheffield United 7-6 on aggregate to reach the League One play-off final against Preston North End.

Intriguingly, we reported last night that Sherwood was at the County Ground to watch Luongo in action, and it seems that he was certainly impressed as ESPN now believe that Luongo is closing in on a move to Villa Park.

Luongo shot to fame in January by winning the Most Valuable Player award at the Asian Cup in January, and just two years after leaving Spurs, it seems that Luongo is poised to return to the Premier League, reuniting with Sherwood in the process.

Has anyone considered that he lost the dressing room?
all the mouthing about players not having character when you get raped by the chavs , (even if he was right, ), followed swiftly by the hiding in the directors box playing with your phone when we get raped away at liverpool is a recipe for losing the players.

and once that happens, you are done.

Heard somewhere that there are new owners coming in and are not fussed on keeping Sherwood, apparently bringing in Tony Adams instead....:sherwoodwtf:

Back
Top Bottom