Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tim Sherwood is my hero. For the first time in my spurs supporting life I feel like the manager is one of us and he truly gives a flying fuck about not only tottenham and its heritage but the fans to. He is just as much a fan as he is the manager. I think his comments today were 100% spot on and I am so glad he actually had the balls to come out and say that. He looked like he was gonna cry in that interview and that means alot to me as a fan cos it shows he truly does care. He was absolutely gutted, a broken man. I feel for him and I hope he stays with us and becomes our most successful manager ever (until ledley becomes manager obviously).

Not quite, there's constructive 'sacking' which can be mutual consent. Our board has never failed to publicly support the manager, with both AVB and Redknapp they made their own bed - difference being, I believe AVB had the guts to admit he needed to go whereas Redknapp couldn't bring himself to admit he'd let us down. Won't go over the Swansea thing again.

Sherwood's emotions mirrored that of a broken AVB which is a concern, but I don't know if he'll come off well with his last comment which seemed to be aimed at the board somewhat.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9203601/sherwood-slams-players
for anyone who hasn't seen.

First time I've seen him look upset and it might be a reality check.

I'd bet good money that Vertonghen is one of the ones who aren't bothered. Probably Gylfi, and perhaps Walker too. (speculating totally though!)

I think the dressing room is missing a Scotty P in times like these

:parker:
Don't agree it mirrored AVB's post Liverpool interviews at all.
I think Tim has basically let rip on some of the bang average players we have. Average for a top 4 aspiring club anyway, I think he probably knows he won't be given the job full time unless he gets top 4 or if something radical happens and players start to really all pull in the same direction and follow his lead.

Tim Sherwood is my hero. For the first time in my spurs supporting life I feel like the manager is one of us and he truly gives a flying fuck about not only tottenham and its heritage but the fans to. He is just as much a fan as he is the manager. I think his comments today were 100% spot on and I am so glad he actually had the balls to come out and say that. He looked like he was gonna cry in that interview and that means alot to me as a fan cos it shows he truly does care. He was absolutely gutted, a broken man. I feel for him and I hope he stays with us and becomes our most successful manager ever (until ledley becomes manager obviously).

I agree that I saw today what I'm been hoping to see from him since Dec 22 - a sign that he actually cares in front of the microphone.

I do think that he would learn a lot from van Gaal as an assistant though

Enjoyed that interview with Tim. Unrealistic mindsets from the players and board from some of the decisions made. Even if it was him who told Levy we needed no one in the January window, they were never going to adequately fix some of the positions we left gapingly open in August unless we had a major midseason overhaul, which no one would favor.

Interesting he continues to play some of the players who clearly lack the most passion though. Lennon and Paulinho shouldn't be seeing the field based off such a premise. Wish he could bench Vertonghen, but he doesn't really have a choice. Hell, fuck it, league goals are gone so throw Velkjovic in there maybe he'll give a toss.

I think Tim has basically let rip on some of the bang average players we have. Average for a top 4 aspiring club anyway, I think he probably knows he won't be given the job full time unless he gets top 4 or if something radical happens and players start to really all pull in the same direction and follow his lead.

Not disagreeing with you here simply clarifying; but It's not a lack of quality, it's as he said a lack of character and passion. I don't blame him for being frustrated considering he gets an opportunity like this and he's faced with fielding players who don't give a fuck and a board that makes entirely irrational decisions.

Enjoyed that interview with Tim. Unrealistic mindsets from the players and board from some of the decisions made. Even if it was him who told Levy we needed no one in the January window, they were never going to adequately fix some of the positions we left gapingly open in August unless we had a major midseason overhaul, which no one would favor.

Interesting he continues to play some of the players who clearly lack the most passion though. Lennon and Paulinho shouldn't be seeing the field based off such a premise. Wish he could bench Vertonghen, but he doesn't really have a choice. Hell, fuck it, league goals are gone so throw Velkjovic in there maybe he'll give a toss.

Yeah I wish he could bench our most gifted centre back as well.

Not the post Liverpool interviews, this:

AVB-looks-after-Paulinho-got-sent-off.gif

Crocodile tears from a man bang out of his depth.

I really don't know where we go from here

This is probably the answer to "why can't a rookie manage a troubled top club"

Because players won't listen to you when the going gets tough.

Sherwood should slide aside for Van Gaal to be his mentor. A top, experienced manager is somethin we've not had since Venables. Francis wasn't a top manager, Gross, Jol, Santini & Ramos were all 'hype' managers, Redknapp was a Tony Pulis care package..

We need a big crazy 'orrible cunt of a guy to come in, beat his chest like a gorilla, fling faeces at the soulless players and build a big ass youth side using Sherwood's knowledge which will then be set up, Utd style, for 10-15 years of success with Sherwood taking over when Luis gets sectioned.

(Then we'll appoint a ginger guy probably called Mavid Doyes who will re-sign all the nobs we got rid of)

Hes not doing bad for a rookie manager - we are 5th with a first 11 not good enough for top 4 *in my opinion*

They are good enough, the fact we're 5th with a team that's been shit all season proves that.

They just have no fight in them (aside from a few core players).

Not disagreeing with you here simply clarifying; but It's not a lack of quality, it's as he said a lack of character and passion. I don't blame him for being frustrated considering he gets an opportunity like this and he's faced with fielding players who don't give a fuck and a board that makes entirely irrational decisions.
Sorry I thought you meant the actual interview where AVB looked like a lost child. At least Tim is honest - as brutal as it may be.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was referring to Paulinho today - although he didn't start today, I was sat behind Tim v Cardiff and he went absolutely batshit at Paulinho on more than one occasion and Paulinho just ignored him when he was trying to get his attention.

They are good enough, the fact we're 5th with a team that's been shit all season proves that.

They just have no fight in them (aside from a few core players).
Bar a few players I don't see many of ours getting near any top 4 team.

Verts (when on form) Lloris, Adebayor is about it for me, Eriksen wouldn't displace the likes of Cazorla, Mata, Silva, Hazard in my opinion.

I look at our squad and apart from Ade, where is our goal threat?

Bar a few players I don't see many of ours getting near any top 4 team.

Verts (when on form) Lloris, Adebayor is about it for me, Eriksen wouldn't displace the likes of Cazorla, Mata, Silva, Hazard in my opinion.

I look at our squad and apart from Ade, where is our goal threat?

You're talking about form though, mainly. Ability wise, Sandro & Paulinho definitely. Soldado on normal form, why not..

We can't really judge any of our players this year because, short of Ade's AVB-spiting fuelled form and Lloris being Lloris, our players have been too crappy to judge

Back
Top Bottom