Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're gonna try argue in favour of AVB it's probably not wise to pick his record against the top 4 this season, given that his record is totally shite as well.

Sherwood's overall record of W8 D2 L3 is still better than AVB's record this season of W8 D3 L5 and better than his overall league record incluing when Bale was saving our arses every week of W29 D12 L13.

Today's loss was partially Vertonghen's fault, partially Kaboul's fault, partially Kyle Walker's fault and partially Michael Oliver's fault but to attribute it to Sherwood is extremely unfair.

You have to remember that's he's a head coach, not a manager per se, so whilst the tactics worked well, the rest is down to the quality of the training.

There's so many aspects of our game that are poor and could be attributed to training and lack of team cohesion.

The man himself may not necessarily be to blame, but as part of a backroom team then it could well be argued that there's a lack of quality.

Because it's quite plainly a temporary gig until we can get a better manager in at the end of the year. We were fucking awful this season under AVB. Even our wins were shit.

Compared to our win against Cardiff last weekend you mean? Quite possibly the most boring game I've watched in years. Sorry but I don't believe the myth.

Have to give sherwood a chance. why levy didnt accept franco baldini's resignation after wasting 100 million on garbage is mind boggling. Any fan with an IQ above that of a squirrel could have spent 100 million better. Soldado or benteke? hmm let me think, benteke 22 years of age can only improve, physically strong enough for premier league and has already proved himself or a 28 year old with no sell on value. How we are 5th with that lot is incredible. we have no style of play, no leadership, boring to watch and cant defend. Benfica , Woolwich and liverpool will beat us with ease and then people will blame sherwood. If you buy average players this is what you get. big clear out in summer needed and 2-3 quality players in.

Have to give sherwood a chance. why levy didnt accept franco baldini's resignation after wasting 100 million on garbage is mind boggling. Any fan with an IQ above that of a squirrel could have spent 100 million better. Soldado or benteke? hmm let me think, benteke 22 years of age can only improve, physically strong enough for premier league and has already proved himself or a 28 year old with no sell on value. How we are 5th with that lot is incredible. we have no style of play, no leadership, boring to watch and cant defend. Benfica , Woolwich and liverpool will beat us with ease and then people will blame sherwood. If you buy average players this is what you get. big clear out in summer needed and 2-3 quality players in.

Fuck me. Baldini is at fault today is he? Not a single summer signing started today if you didn't notice, or is it his fault the players he didn't sign lost 4-0 too?

Fuck me. Baldini is at fault today is he? Not a single summer signing started today if you didn't notice, or is it his fault the players he didn't sign lost 4-0 too?
exactly they are so rubbish they didnt start. chadli crap, capoue crap, soldado crap, lamela has been crap, pauliniho average. only ericksen has been value.

Again, I don't think he was so much 'sacked' as gave up without resigning.

That's odd, because just a few short weeks ago you were adamant that "mutual consent" was a sacking.

I agree with your re assessment though. AVB was a broken man after that Liverpool game. As for today, I don't think the blame can be put on Sherwood, what he said about characters in the post match was spot on, though I'm not sure I would have said it quite so publicly.

Still don't think he's the wright man for the job but he's grown on me in the last couple of weeks.

That's odd, because just a few short weeks ago you were adamant that "mutual consent" was a sacking.

I agree with your re assessment though. AVB was a broken man after that Liverpool game. As for today, I don't think the blame can be put on Sherwood, what he said about characters in the post match was spot on, though I'm not sure I would have said it quite so publicly.

Not quite, there's constructive 'sacking' which can be mutual consent. Our board has never failed to publicly support the manager, with both AVB and Redknapp they made their own bed - difference being, I believe AVB had the guts to admit he needed to go whereas Redknapp couldn't bring himself to admit he'd let us down. Won't go over the Swansea thing again.

Sherwood's emotions mirrored that of a broken AVB which is a concern, but I don't know if he'll come off well with his last comment which seemed to be aimed at the board somewhat.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9203601/sherwood-slams-players
for anyone who hasn't seen.

First time I've seen him look upset and it might be a reality check.

I'd bet good money that Vertonghen is one of the ones who aren't bothered. Probably Gylfi, and perhaps Walker too. (speculating totally though!)

I think the dressing room is missing a Scotty P in times like these

:parker:

Won't go over the Swansea thing again.

Because you were wrong. :sherwoodlol:

Sherwood's emotions mirrored that of a broken AVB which is a concern, but I don't know if he'll come off well with his last comment which seemed to be aimed at the board somewhat.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9203601/sherwood-slams-players
for anyone who hasn't seen.

First time I've seen him look upset and it might be a reality check.

I'd bet good money that Vertonghen is one of the ones who aren't bothered. Probably Gylfi, and perhaps Walker too. (speculating totally though!)

I think the dressing room is missing a Scotty P in times like these

:parker:

Agree with all of this though :adethumbup: I couldn't decide whether he was distraught or simply so angry he was struggling to control himself.

Back
Top Bottom