Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing Dembele and Sigurdsson in front of a CB partnership of Chiriches and Capoue? That is awful management IMO. Sigurdsson is an attacking midfielder, had it been Holtby there then I think it would work out a bit better.

Q7m2NhA.jpg

:bentley:

Goal understands Sherwood will get the job permanently if he impresses and, despite the defeat, Dembele believes he would be a popular choice among the playing staff.

"It's difficult to say right now [whether Sherwood should get the job permanently] because it's just happened recently," he told The Guardian.

"I don't know Tim that well. But the way he talks and his manner... I think everyone likes this.

"Everybody is very positive about this. It's difficult to have one day and change everything. It takes time but I think we've already started to play quite well [against West Ham]."

Interesting.

From the independent
---------------------
Tim Sherwood said today that he wants the Tottenham Hotspur manager’s job on a permanent basis but urged the chairman Daniel Levy to set out a vision for the club that will end the short-termism and the high turnover of managers.

Sherwood, 44, took charge for the Capital One Cup quarter-final against West Ham on Wednesday, a 2-1 defeat, and said after the game that he was unsure whether he would be in charge for Sunday’s visit to Southampton. However, he will take the team for that game and said at the club’s Enfield training ground that he would like the job full-time if it was on terms he felt were acceptable.

Asked whether he wanted the job Sherwood said that he would, pending a discussion with Levy. “We have to speak about it long-term with the chairman. If it’s down to me I’m getting a ten-year contract now! Football doesn’t work like that. It’s all about getting results. I listen to managers all the time talking about ‘projects’. The project is you win games or you get sacked. End of story.”

He added: “I know all about the football club. I played here, it’s my club. I know what the supporters want. I know what they demand. As I say it ain’t my decision to make the appointments and we have to respect the men who take that decision.

“I know the players we have got here and I know the good young talent that is coming through the club. It’s up to the club. I need to talk about philosophies. What are we looking to do? Are we looking to buy players or are we looking to bring them through? All this has to be taken into consideration when I decide whether it is right for me or not.”

Sherwood said that he would not be prepared to be an assistant to a potential incoming manager. However, he did not clarify whether he would be prepared to go back to his role as technical co-ordinator, overseeing the development teams, should he not become the first team manager in the long-term. He said he expected to speak to Levy over the next few days about the future.

Asked about the possibility of Frank De Boer, the Ajax coach being appointed, Sherwood said it was inevitable that big names would be linked with the job. He said: “They are all good guys, all good managers. We have had good managers at this club.

“It has got to fit, the club and the manager to be compatible. It’s not always about the biggest name. He might have done well at another club. He might not do well at this one. It is up to the chairman and the board to make the correct decision which is right for the long term future of the club. It’s not right to keep changing managers.”

Younes Kaboul and Jan Vertonghen will both miss the game on Sunday with the Belgian defender still, Sherwood said, “quite a way away”. Andros Townsend is out the game after his hamstring tear against West Ham although Sherwood was reluctant to put a timescale on his likely recovery. Michael Dawson comes back from suspension.

http://www.independe...ds-9018418.html

:avbshit:

I like the way Sherwood spoke at the news conference. Of course that doesn't necessarily determine his abilities as a manager, but he seems like the sort of personality I hope sticks around the club for a while. Straight laced. No bullshit. I like that.

I thought he was on the Watford/Arse cusp in terms of supporting a club...

...besides, like it or not, most professional footballers didn't actually grow up as 'OBSESSED' with supporting a particular club as your average fan... (usually due to the fact that, unlike us lot, they spent their formative years PLAYING football, not going to games!)
I think maybe 'soft spot' for them would be more apt...
...same as Defoe then I reckon!!

Harry Redknapp's 'Rosie-tinted' (see?) version of growing up supporting BOTH North London clubs was probably apt IN THE DAY, but you'd have a tough job finding anyone post-1960s who did the same!

Still, it's not like he's got a cannon flagstone on his patio!!
harry lived in poplar as a kid!.. in them days anyone who didn't support west ham in that area either went boxing to protect themselves or got their head stoved in pretty much on a daily basis!... note harry's face!.. you can clearly see which of the 2 options he chose the twenty faced cunt!.

Goal understands Sherwood will get the job permanently if he impresses and, despite the defeat, Dembele believes he would be a popular choice among the playing staff.

"It's difficult to say right now [whether Sherwood should get the job permanently] because it's just happened recently," he told The Guardian.

"I don't know Tim that well. But the way he talks and his manner... I think everyone likes this.

"Everybody is very positive about this. It's difficult to have one day and change everything. It takes time but I think we've already started to play quite well [against West Ham]."

Interesting.

#dembeleout

harry lived in poplar as a kid!.. in them days anyone who didn't support west ham in that area either went boxing to protect themselves or got their head stoved in pretty much on a daily basis!... note harry's face!.. you can clearly see which of the 2 options he chose the twenty faced cunt!.

You sick fucking weirdo....or are you going to claim you didnt know about the car crash?

Do you mock bald cancer types as well?

Either way he's a far better manager than the Portuguese man of Boredom.

I know its probably just lips service but two things bother me with this.
1) He thinks the West Ham performance was good.
2) "It's difficult to have one day and change everything" If Sherwood is literally trying to change everything (and the West Ham game supports that) then he is a frickin moron. His job as caretaker is to steady the ship and get some results, not rebuild the shape of the team and try to implement radical ideas.

You sick fucking weirdo....or are you going to claim you didnt know about the car crash?

Do you mock bald cancer types as well?

Either way he's a far better manager than the Portuguese man of Boredom.
I was joking mate & hand ups!.... made an error & forgot about that..
lighten up.
dare say your a total cunt who's pure as driven snow & never ripped the piss out of anyone without thinking.
& my post was fuckall to do with who was the better manager (in your opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom