Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry but IMO we can't knee jerk to the 'Spurs fans never backed AVB 100%' by getting behind the wrong guy regardless. Sherwood will not be the one to take our great club forward, whether he is a Yid or not. Why aren't more of you waking up to the fact that ENIC are rotten and need to go? Why are we letting them risk so much by considering Tim for the job?

We have a £100m squad and the best chance in years of doing something meaningful in the league, instead we have an inexperienced nobody that lives in Daniels pocket. We should always love the shirt regardless but unless something changes soon we are screwed.
Aren't you jumping the gun somewhat? The statement on the official site said Sherwood was in charge "while discussions progress". That definitely implies he's just going to be a short stopgap.

As for ENIC, they're not going anywhere. Not until the new stadium is built and they can flog the place for 5 trillion squid. Better get used to it.

Last edited:
I thought he was on the Watford/Arse cusp in terms of supporting a club...

...besides, like it or not, most professional footballers didn't actually grow up as 'OBSESSED' with supporting a particular club as your average fan... (usually due to the fact that, unlike us lot, they spent their formative years PLAYING football, not going to games!)
I think maybe 'soft spot' for them would be more apt...
...same as Defoe then I reckon!!

Harry Redknapp's 'Rosie-tinted' (see?) version of growing up supporting BOTH North London clubs was probably apt IN THE DAY, but you'd have a tough job finding anyone post-1960s who did the same!

Still, it's not like he's got a cannon flagstone on his patio!!

Wasn't having a pop. Just saying I didn't want to comment on this until more comes out, if it ever does.

I could see what he was trying to do (bit of Dutch total football by the looks of it). Just don't know if he had the right players for it.

i think that's the crux of it for me, he didn't play to the players strengths, he stubbonly tried to shoehorn players into his system despite the fact they weren't suited - high line with dawson, inverted wingers etc. etc. we could all see it, so why AVB couldn't is beyond me

the replies in this thread pretty much sum up where we are at these days, laughing stock material. shocking how yous can all find any form of humor to the situation the club is in. If this was a top top club there would be out rage, anger ect. we are a joke.
Have you never heard of laughter in the face of adversity?

Or would you prefer everyone to throw themselves off a cliff?

_71812397_sherwood3.jpg

Euurrrrrgggggghh.... he really has got Goat's eyes!!
barking-mad-images-ole-blue-eyes-goat.jpg

...two more reasons not to trust the bloke!!

Nah, joking, I hope he has an immediate impact... and sets it all up nicely for the next fella to pick up where he left off!

Can't wait for tonight...!!! I might just leave now!

I can't help but think that Sherwood already has an idea about the team, about things like who should start or not, tactics and the role of each player. He has been near the team and has some inside info, so i guess he already has a few ideas about how to use the players as his disposal. Bad choice or not, he knows more about the team than some other candidates which is a good thing in the short run.
That can be said about every single caretaker manager in the history of football. I just hope that short term is just that, two or three matches and then someone with experience comes in.

AVB was only part of the problem. baldini signed his fare share of players in the summer. the most expensive ones at that. and they have been, lets face it, woeful. AVB being sacked isnt going to instantly change spurs fortunes. theres a mountain of work to be done
There is, but it is better to be going in the right direction than the wrong, and unfortunately we were just not improving one bit under Andre. This is, in my view, a step forward, no matter how frustrating.

The amount of times you have been sacked has to be one of the silliest metrics to measure a manager. Jol, Redknapp, and AVB have all been sacked at least twice. I think they are all good managers who have done a job here. Jol brought us back into Europe, Redknapp to CL, and AVB to a records point total. Each have their own merits and they've been fired from here and elsewhere. Being sacked is the life of a football manager, so it goes.

Even Bryan Clough was sacked twice. Doubt anyone would argue he's shit.

Even the special one has been sacked. Being sacked is just part of the football management game.

Shit happens, move on. I am not that concerned who our next manager is. We have a very, very good side with some of Europe's hottest young talent. We will be ok.

That can be said about every single caretaker manager in the history of football. I just hope that short term is just that, two or three matches and then someone with experience comes in.

Agree... i'd say 75%+ of 'caretaker managers' are appointed from within, (and most of them from the coaching staff/youth set-up) so it only makes sense they have a better idea of what's simmering 'just beneath the first-team surface'!
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see a bench-full of youth players... then again, if Timmy really wants the job, he might just go full strength to win the thing and prove himself capable!

Some of our best managers have been fostered on levy by circumstance against his instinct.

I.E Jol and redknapp and despite there successes levy thought that he was missing out by not using his preferred management structure so he found a way to pull the trigger.

It indeed looks bad on levy that some of his best decesions where in affect anti decesions.

With luck "Sherdinand" may fall into this anti school and work out well. Never forget that bill nick was an internal appointment as well lets hope it works

Coys

Back
Top Bottom