Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can only beat whats put in front of you......one of those was away to Utd.

People keep saying we cant judge until we play the big teams.

Well in that case, not conceding 11 against Pool and City will be a step up, regardless of the result....he only has to secure more than 2 pts in those five games you mention to have done better than AVB.

Its not like we've proved anything against the top teams so far (other than beating Utd away) so why is that being used as the bar?

You seem to be comparing everything Sherwood does to how AVB did it. In my opinion when people say things like 'lets see how Sherwood does against the top teams before we get carried away' it means people want to see just how good Sherwood is in his own right and not compared to our previous manager. If we lose 4 0 and 3 0 to city and Liverpool that doesn't mean that Sherwood is in the clear because we lost 6 0 and 5 0 under AVB.

And you interpret it as what? That he was loving having to do everything for everyone else?

Is that why he left?

See what you want mate, but the insinuation is clear as day

No it's not, it's not at all. He left to play at Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world. You can twist his words as much as you like, but I completely disagree with your interpretation.

Nothing to do with Real Madrid being Real Madrid then?

LOL

and why are Real Madrid the beast that they are? oohhh that's right

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

trophies and history mean dick to most players it's all about the money these days

No it's not, it's not at all. He left to play at Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world. You can twist his words as much as you like, but I completely disagree with your interpretation.

Not twisting anything.

He said at Spurs he always had to make the team tick and drive it forward and now its nice to be around players that let him just concentrate on his game. If he enjoyed that role at Spurs, he wouldnt use it as a comparison to why he feels better at Real.

trophies and history mean dick to most players it's all about the money these days

He left to better himself. Money comes with that. If you think he was enjoying carrying Spurs from those quotes, you really are a blinkered fool

You seem to be comparing everything Sherwood does to how AVB did it. In my opinion when people say things like 'lets see how Sherwood does against the top teams before we get carried away' it means people want to see just how good Sherwood is in his own right and not compared to our previous manager. If we lose 4 0 and 3 0 to city and Liverpool that doesn't mean that Sherwood is in the clear because we lost 6 0 and 5 0 under AVB.

Its a natural comparison, otherwise what do we measure our improvement or regression by? How can we say we are better or worse if we dont use our previous results and way of playing?

"you’re able to concentrate just on your game rather than bringing the whole team forward, and I’m enjoying that."

Yeah, he loved being the only person we could rely on...

:defoe:

He left to better himself. Money comes with that. If you think he was enjoying carrying Spurs from those quotes, you really are a blinkered fool

I could easily go and dig up loads of direct quotes were he states how much he's loving his football here and loves playing under AVB and he's learning loads leaving nothing to the imagination but I'm not a stupid cunt like you.....

I could easily go and dig up loads of direct quotes were he states how much he's loving his football here and loves playing under AVB and he's learning loads leaving nothing to the imagination but I'm not a stupid cunt like you.....

Dig them up then. I could do the same for Modric.

Bale left and that trumps anything he said about loving it here

Dig them up then. I could do the same for Modric.

Bale left and that trumps anything he said about loving it here

well then if you weren't a stupid cunt you would realize what footballers say in their public interviews means sweet fuck all and their main motivation at that level of the game is money and how much of it they can make

Its a natural comparison, otherwise what do we measure our improvement or regression by? How can we say we are better or worse if we dont use our previous results and way of playing?

Cant we judge the manager based on how the team is playing at this moment in time and by the results we are achieving with the players we have and against what our own expectations are

well then if you weren't a stupid cunt you would realize what footballers say in their public interviews means sweet fuck all and their main motivation at that level of the game is money and how much of it they can make

How would Bale make money from saying he was happier at Real Madrid now that he could just concentrate on his game rather than carry the Tottenham team forward?

Cant we judge the manager based on how the team is playing at this moment in time and by the results we are achieving with the players we have and against what our own expectations are

Of course. But some people are not doing that.
They are dismissing 13pts from a possible 15, including a win at Old Trafford, and saying we can only judge TS after we've played arse, Chelsea, City, Pool and Everton.

Thats why I brought up our previous points tally from those games.

How would Bale make money from saying he was happier at Real Madrid now that he could just concentrate on his game rather than carry the Tottenham team forward?

lol "well then if you weren't a stupid cunt you would realize what footballers say in their public interviews means sweet fuck all"

interviews are soley about endearing yourself to the fans, propaganda based bs

the particular crap your attempting to cling to, to try and prove your laughable point is designed to endear himself to Tottenham and Real Madrid fans alike furthering Brand Bale(c)

bollocks he left for a chance at winning the CL, which obviously he'd never get at Spurs

Sort of although it was the shit performances under avb that did it for me you can be unlucky and occasionally extremely unlucky but the performances under avb during those games was west ham like no skill, desire or anything. I want wins but we can only get so many lucky results let's hope we have some good games ahead of us. COYS

Back
Top Bottom