This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DelayedShabbyDromedary-max-1mb.gif

nVx47Mh.jpg

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.
I think you should make a Poll! :pochohshit:

I want to know how the club will improve style of play and recruitment.

Before improvement occurs with our recruitment we probably need rid of;

Ndombele
Winks
Lo Celso
Dier
Sanchez.

They're all a hindrance, Dier was quite good when he first joined for a couple of seasons, apart from him then, the rest are players that we should never have offered a contract, Dier should have gone the same time as Aurier but he was kept because we lost Jan Vertonghen & Toby Alderweireld but only bought one CB (Romero).

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
See, cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - she's over you.

Before improvement occurs with our recruitment we probably need rid of;

Ndombele
Winks
Lo Celso
Dier
Sanchez.

They're all a hindrance, Dier was quite good when he first joined for a couple of seasons, apart from him then, the rest are players that we should never have offered a contract, Dier should have gone the same time as Aurier but he was kept because we lost Jan Vertonghen & Toby Alderweireld but only bought one CB (Romero).
you could easily add another 2 in their who are not good enough and sadly will not be either, regardless of them being nice guys, i want to level up on players not keep average or below average guys just cos they nice

Lol...mate. We're all depressed but this is too much. Five ECL places means we are well placed to be back in the mix pretty quickly.
In the mix for the CL I'll grant you so long as we play our cards intelligently. (Look out below if we don't)

But title races? Out of the question. And that's where Poch had us. That's still where the hope and expectation level is anchored and it doesn't look as distant now as it's going to in 4 years.

Hate to speak ill of the departed, but I heard from someone who has no axe to grind against Spurs, but whose fiancé worked at the club during Poch's time here, that he wasn't very nice to anyone NOT involved in the 1st team... Quite rude in fact... ignored them mostly!

That's not to say he didn't recognise some youth players... but ONLY those in and around the 1st team squad on any given matchday...

The rest were regularly blanked by him around the training ground etc...

This whole 'including the youth players into the fold and nurturing them' was a bit of a myth.

Try story bro. Heard it years ago, and wish I hadn't.... 'cos he was still our manager at the time.

Now he's long gone, I guess it doesn't matter any more!

I don’t get it, why do people have an issue with others wanting Poch back? We all have our favourite managers so why did we need a thread moaning about people having a differing opinion?

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.
Tottenham-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-PSG-3073290.jpg

Back
Top Bottom