This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nVx47Mh.jpg

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea

The Legend of Poch is only going to grow as it becomes ever clearer we're never going back to where he took us.
Been hearing that ever since I've been a Spurs fan - "We'll never have another manager like Jol/Redknapp again etc." Every club has its peaks and troughs.

Personally I think the club are wise to steer clear of Pochettino. Going back in football fails far more often than not.

Been hearing that ever since I've been a Spurs fan - "We'll never have another manager like Jol/Redknapp again etc."

Every club has its peaks and troughs.
The problem is that it no longer matters how brilliant the manager is.

We have been surpassed by more than enough projects to keep us out of the CL places indefinitely.

People haven't woken up to how hopeless our position is going forward. They will in time.

We have been surpassed by more than enough projects to keep us out of the CL places indefinitely.

People haven't woken up to how hopeless our position is going forward. They will in time.
Again, I've heard this all before time and time again. I remember people talking about Everton and West Ham overtaking us in the not-too-distant past.

Who knows, maybe this is the moment once and for all we do fall away. But I think that's pretty unlikely.

Yeah - CL is done for the forseeable. Newcastle are going to become the new permanent fixture in the top 6 with their financial backing - fuck, they're straight up way better ran than we are even now.

We will be doing well to make the top 6 at all in the future, relegated to Europa League/conference league club.

nVx47Mh.jpg

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.

Doesn't bother me, I find it stranger that people get wound up by it. He was the last manager anyone on here actually enjoyed the football under, it isn't strange that people look back on it fondly.

Again, I've heard this all before time and time again. I remember people talking about Everton and West Ham overtaking us in the not-too-distant past.
Well, they were talking about momentary blips of form rather than structural financial reality. It would be premature to say Villa is going to overtake us, for instance. They theoretically have the ownership wealth and infrastructural base to take a run at it, but we're not there yet and a spell of overperformance under Emery means little. Newcastle is a different story.

Also, one thing Tottenham did to prevent that was become much, much richer.

Upward momentum in our revenue is dead.

It's the end of the line for ENIC. There's no project anymore.

Poch magically conjured nothing into a cavalcade of 70, 80, 100 million pound players amid negative net investment. That's not a thing. That's Leicester City. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

So, as I said, that legend will grow in the memory.

How? Our commercial revenue increased by 25% this year.

I know people like to joke about the go-kart and cheese room, but the stadium really has created an endless list of oppurtunities for increased revenue.
Definitely lots of opportunities in that regard. The club isn't going broke under any circumstances.

But Beyonce concerts are relatively small potatoes in club revenue terms next to Champions League TV revenue, as well as kit deals and shirt sponsorships which were locked in at a time when our competitive fortunes were more robust than they will be when they come up for renewal.

This isn't a failure of Levy, it's a tremendous, tremendous success. The money we've wrung from trophyless frustration is quite extraordinary. But there is nowhere left for it to go in terms of advancing our competitive position.

How? Our commercial revenue increased by 25% this year.

I know people like to joke about the go-kart and cheese room, but the stadium really has created an endless list of oppurtunities for increased revenue.

all this would have been great about a decade ago but now we live in a World of Newcastle of City etc.

the bigger problem than money is the total lack of on the pitch strategy. I am a football fan not a Go Karting fan, I want to know how the club will improve style of play and recruitment.

It's too soon.
Half the squad we currently have was here when he got sacked.
And let's be serious 3/4 of the way through that tie, we were 3 down and buried. People forget we almost went out in the groups after a terrible start. We almost went out to City but for a last mine VAR save. We were 3 down against Ajax with 35 minutes left to play

Also like to point out, that other than a hat trick a few weeks later. Lucas Moura has been one of the most abysmal footballers I've seen in a Spurs shirt ever since.
That was 4 fucking years ago. How is the useless twat still getting minutes?

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
We’ve tried several different fish since Poch swam off and they all stank

nVx47Mh.jpg

Dont think Poch has done enough after we sacked him that we should want him back. But...we've done even worse and all our appointments after him have been complete fails. So it makes sense that people want to get back to the level we were at.

Back
Top Bottom