This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
100% this but the bottom line is, he still won nothing.

Makes us look like a bunch of right sad sacks to pine over a manager who never won anything just because he took us to 2nd place and a CL final.

It's very Spursy it has to be said.

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
Oh yeah - overflowing with unemployed managers with a track record of producing good teams

Bin Ange and bring him back. The time is right. Weve got a new squad, only Sonny remains.

Shall we get Dele back to, give Jan and toby a call to see what they're doing, I'm sure Kane would be delighted to come back a year after leaving.

Whilst we're at it we should ask the builders to build the old WHL and knock the go kart stadium down, might as well.

Shall we get Dele back to, give Jan and toby a call to see what they're doing, I'm sure Kane would be delighted to come back a year after leaving.

Whilst we're at it we should ask the builders to build the old WHL and knock the go kart stadium down, might as well.
I honestly reckon Romero, Toby, Jan as the back 3 during Conte's time would've been class...

My theory:

This.

It's also Okay to look back on that CL run and love it. If anyone can't enjoy that run then you don't love football.

I loved Poch and how we played under him for 3 years. I think what he did was incredible given we played away from home for almost two entire seasons and for a year didn't buy anyone.

BUT

I wasn't wanting him back, I wouldn't have been disappointed had we hired him but I wanted a different man at the helm. At that time I couldn't articulate why or be specific but I think it's become clearer to me now that he hasn't changed, or adapted at all. I still think he's a good coach and if Chavs give him time he will have them in and around the top 4 but I think he needs to adapt his game more to be a serious contender for anything.

I hate him being at Chelsea, but actually that's made things less complicated, I just plain hate him, hate him because he's there. The moment he leaves I don't have to hate him.

It's amazing how many times I watch the City quarter-final and Ajax semi-final on YouTube, it never fails to deliver a beaming smile on my face and goosebumps on my arms. I like this. But I've put it in my box as a memory, nothing more nothing less.

😆 I'm someone still has the old plans.......

If not there's always the option of moving back into Wembley for 18 months.... Back in those halcyon days there was no mental baggage of Beyonce to deal with either. Uplifting.

I was a die hard Poch lover up until he joined Chelsea. He's burned his bridges. His main thing was passion for the club and that's never coming back.
Yeah time has gone. If he was going to come back it would have been after Conte. Its good in a way he went to Chelsea because it puts a bit of a full stop to the constant speculation. (Not that we're shy of appointing ex Chelsea managers but it certainly feels the connection we had with him has been broken).

We were playing combos including Dier, Sanchez abd Davies consistently, all of whom Jose also failed to get much of a tune out of.

I think Conte could've got a decent defence out of them even in their advanced years.

Another 18months-2 years later?

........Toby's agility/movement fell off a cliff even before he'd left and Jan has been in pretty poor shape for years now (seeing him at Wembley the other month was pretty sad).

I love Poch for his time with us, but it was lightning in a bottle. He was blessed with that crop of players that somehow materialised for us. I cannot see how anyone would think he can come back, now, and be him.

Fans misunderstand what managers and players mean when they say they love the club.

They love themselves more everytime and tbh they have a short career with a chance to make enough money to change their entire families fortunes. They need to love themselves more.

Poch is a platitudes man. He’s was over the moon being on the other side of Chelsea and officials fucking our season over. On the inside he loved that and he’d happily fuck over Spurs fans again on Thursday. He’s just happy they aren’t doing it to him anymore and he can rely on a penalty every other game.

Back
Top Bottom