The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of these are really viable, save for perhaps Firmino. The club won't go for someone at peak price, and aren't looking for a star, they're looking for a back-up.

Timo Werner is more likely.

Berahino would still be a good capture dependent on price of course (anything above £15m and i wouldn't really risk it). Ings is another option and wouldn't cost much...i rate Benteke but Villa would ask for too much. I know it's not cool bringing up non foreign based strikers but there you go.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be in for Charlie Austin if QPR get relegated.

Has anyone ever actually watched half these players on regular basis?

I have a feeling some people are basing their opinions on FM and FIFA, I mean come on... Timo Werner!

Wilfried+Bony+Swansea+City+v+Villarreal+o_uE8tQvXRwl.jpg

Lets get fatty bum in. 60M

Net spend is irrelevant? oh wow.
Back to the old "if we sell 2 players for £50m we HAVE to spend that money and then some, regardless on who it is and whether we need them, because we MUST spend more than we earn" attitude.

If we sell Bobby for £10m and get Ings for free, that's good business. End of. The net spend is irrelevant. It doesn't mean we must spend that £10m on another player because it's burning a hole in our pockets.

25-30m on a player. The club said to THST that they aim to target players in the 5-15 million bracket.
It doesn't do a club of our size any favours to publicly state we're open to spending £20m+ on a player. We need to negotiate, and like when we had the Bale money, it'll do us no favours to boast about our bank balance.

You'd be naive to think if the right player came up we wouldn't bid for him 'out of our price range'.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if everyone got on better on here. It'd make me less depressed for us all. If you stopped with the tin foil hat stuff and constant disagreeing, I'm sure it would make the forum a better place for many on here. If you don't care about that, I can't really do anything about that.

As for the thread, no I'll not be sticking to the template. I think anyone posted over the age of 28 or over £15m is complete fantasy. And we should sign one of Ings, Austin, Rhodes, Gestede or Chicarito.
Have to agree with this: Levy will not pay big money for older strikers again. Once bitten.......
As for getting on better with people but if they continue to demand 'online respect' while treating others with complete disdain then they obviously require a bit of a psychological tune up!

Don't forget Alexandre Pato, who also fits the under 28 and under 15m model
Regardless of cost, that'd be a dreadful buy. The lad has proven he can't cut it. He's scuttled back to Brazil with his tail between his legs, and we should not be the team risking giving him an olive branch.

Last edited:
Have to agree with this: Levy will not pay big money for older strikers again. Once bitten.......
As for getting on better with people but if they continue to demand 'online respect' while treating others with complete disdain then they obviously require a bit of a psychological tune up!
To be fair, it was me that mentioned respect. When I act like a cunt, I'm very aware I'm doing it and I admit my faults. I don't cut about the place complaining about "grown men behaving this way", before disagreeing with a photo of a kitten because the poster annoyed me in 1994.

Man , looking at all the options here, it really does some very bleak. Most of the strikers who would make a really good impact are out of our range either in terms of fees/wages/Spurs not big enough for them and the options that are realistic don't really improve the team by that much.

Really hope Mitchell and the others have someone scouted out who will hopefully be the answer to all our striker troubles of the recent past.

I was just saying yesterday that I can never understand why players are happier to warm a bench at a big club rather than be the star at a lesser club. Its a short enough career and surely you want to be playing as much as humanly possible.
It's all about money these days.

Both can play behind Kane and vice-versa. Aubameyang is an attacking-mid / wide forward anyway
i prefer to go for realistic signings. aubameyang aint coming to us. u said " Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification". isnt that the same as us. unless u mean europa league which i dont think is an attraction unless its to a player at a team who dont even get europa league football. he will be disappointed at not getting CL football next season. so i dont think his solution will be joining a team who hasnt got CL football & have little hope of getting it in the near future.

Last edited:
i prefer to go for realistic signings. aubameyang aint coming to us. u said " Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification". isnt that the same as us. unless u mean europa league which i dont think is an attraction unless its to a player at a team who dont even get europa league football. he will be disappointed at not getting CL football next season. so i dont think his solution will be joining a team who hasnt got CL football & habe little hope if getting it in the near future.
He can survive a season with no CL (assuming we make it next season) - if playing in England is on the cards an no other PL teams is sufficiently interested.

You make it sounds like no other CL-regulars have joined us in the past

Back
Top Bottom