The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

451864098.jpg

Name: Miroslav Klose
Club: Lazio
Estimated value: free agent
His contract is up at the end of the season. He is a legendary player. Worth a punt? Rumored to be off to Brazil club Sao Paulo

t_128128_alexandre-pato-esta-emprestado-ao-corinthians-ate-o-fim-de-2015-mas-tricolor-cogita-comprar-antes.jpeg

Name: Alexandre Pato
Club: Sao Paulo (on loan from Corinthians)
Estimated value: free agent
Contract is up at the end of the season. Likely to either remain in Brazil or return to Italy. Might he be tempted by a move to White Hart Lane?

7KpyLAZ.png

Man , looking at all the options here, it really does some very bleak. Most of the strikers who would make a really good impact are out of our range either in terms of fees/wages/Spurs not big enough for them and the options that are realistic don't really improve the team by that much.

Really hope Mitchell and the others have someone scouted out who will hopefully be the answer to all our striker troubles of the recent past.
Totally agree with this. Doesn't matter how good someone is at another club, a transfer is always a gamble, just because they perform well at one club doesn't guarantee that they will maintain that standard at their new club. IMO, players are like plants, just because they flourish in one part of the garden, doesn't mean they will grow as well if you uproot them and plant them somewhere else.
Our best bet is to try and unearth an unknown a la Harry, but the chances of that happening again so soon is pretty unlikely.

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
I feel a separate thread on this mythical Spurs position could well warrant its own existence - consisting of good research and description. You can't just post 'I want Player X' - give us some background and information. I'll start with a few reasonably realistic targets - feel free to add as necessary

Name: Paolo Dybala
Current Club: US Palermo
Estimated Value: 17-23 million

paulo-dybala.jpg

Young Argentinian prospect Dybala has been heavily linked with moves to FC Juventus and SSC Napoli this summer although a jump to another league cannot be dismissed either. Sadly, I feel our Lamela 'experience' might put Levy off any potential young Serie A talent but for a reasonable fee he could a massive, massive coup.

Last edited:
Name: Yannick Bolassie
Current Club: Crystal Palace
Estimated Value: 11-15 million

Yannick-Bolasie.jpg

One of Palace's star performers this season - would be a no-brainer for me, seeing our current lack of technical ability going forward. Possibly the most realistic of the lot as well.

Last edited:
What happens if/when Kane is injured?
Austin has proven he can score/perform in this league and will not cost 'that' much if QPR go down. Of course it's still a risk but it's not as much a risk as signing one of these exotic foreign named sounding strikers that look the business in other leagues but fail to adapt in this one.

We need a Defensive mid to partner Benteleb and a creative attacking mid (be it a left sided forward or a central attacking mid and Eriksen moves to the left) far more than a back up striker.

Save your patronising bullshit, fella - anyone of those players would fit in our system and improve the starting 11 - Prtichard is one for the future but nowhere near that level yet. Youth promotion is great but can only take us far

Tell me - who do you want us to sign this summer seeing you appear very much content with your current forwards situation. In reality we've been absolutely ducking like tragic bar the Kane miracle.
I'll take Timo Werner and either Ings or Austin. I would be spending the money on a really good DM (chosen by Mitchell and Pochettino), and then likely holding off on spending anything.

The problem with the team isn't that we need to spend a ton of money. We need to get rid of the players who don't fit, and then only bring upgrades which suit Pochettino. He has said he wants to rely on youth and likes the Academy. We have several players next year who are ready to be a part of the first team either as back-ups, or potentially starters.

That'll work fine. The issue is that some positions, notably DM and striker don't have anyone from the Academy ready for that. So we should focus there.

One, maybe two destroyers to pair with Bentaleb and Mason, and two back-up strikers for Kane (ideally Werner and Ings). The rest is entirely optional depending on what Pochettino feels about the players he currently has.

It's a young team which will get better with experience and comfort in the system. The players we currently have are by no means finished products, even Kane and Eriksen.

This thread is just a piss take, half of the players on the first page will never come to us, Dybala already overpriced, he is being touted for far more than the 17-23m price estimate. Aubameyang already said levy had urinated on him spiritually. martial why would he leave a CL club to be a backup to Kane? Muniain will not leave Bilbao unless for a huge club, too loyal. he also has a long term injury so levy will never risk him. Bolasie is the only remotely realistic transfer and he is not even a striker ffs.

Totally agree with this. Doesn't matter how good someone is at another club, a transfer is always a gamble, just because they perform well at one club doesn't guarantee that they will maintain that standard at their new club. IMO, players are like plants, just because they flourish in one part of the garden, doesn't mean they will grow as well if you uproot them and plant them somewhere else.
Our best bet is to try and unearth an unknown a la Harry, but the chances of that happening again so soon is pretty unlikely.
i like your players are plants analogy. made me think if spurs players were plants what plant would they be. i will start with danny rose...... nope, cant think of anything. this games too hard. i give up!

Name: Anthony Martial
Current Club: AS Monaco
Estimated Value: 7-14 million

martial.jpg

One of AS Monaco's brightest young prospects is sure to attract interest this summer, having enjoyed solid first team action, reaching double figures already for the season. We've been linked with him in past, along with Woolwich and host of other top European clubs. Would cost somewhat less than Dybala and seems to have all the ingredients to develop into a top-class player. Absolute must to consider if available and willing, imv

Last edited:
Name: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Current Club: Borussia Dortmund
Estimated Value: 29-26 million

132154.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification. Offers both pace and technical ability along with deployment in various attacking positions. A truly versatile attacking player who would improve our front line substantially. Unfortunately, might be out of our reach by now.

Don't we have a 30 goal a year striker already?

Sign two older players as back up to him. Save 20m and spend it elsewhere, like RB, CM, CB, DM, RW.LW

Name: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Current Club: Borussia Dortmund
Estimated Value: 29-26 million

132154.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification. Offers both pace and technical ability along with deployment in various attacking positions. A truly versatile attacking player who would improve our front line substantially. Unfortunately, might be out of our reach by now.

Has literally said he'd never go to Tottenham

Another left-field entry:
Name: Michael Santos
Current Club: River Plate Monte Video
Estimated Value: £835k (But free transfer this summer)
Season stats: 24 apps, 15 goals, 7 assists.
(Scores first goal in this)

Back
Top Bottom