The Redknapp Effect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fight club thread is my fav

23 pages of people calling you twat isn't really something to shout about

Yet the other posters who chose to open the thread, and keep replying and took it to 23 pages were totally innocent? :chicco:

The irony, is that the irony of the whole Fight Club Thread, is still way, waaaay above your head

:dempsey:

But the article is based on the non existent notion, that people are claiming that AVB has inherited Redknapps squad. No one is claiming that, and no one is discussing that notion....as it doesnt exist.

Then discuss that, there are already lots of posts that have spoken about this that are not a harry haters vs Harry lovers festival.

Harry's gone he's not coming back.

But that aside I find it funny that the biggest publicity hunter and press leaker in football is still getting threads about him here quite the irony.

I know the reason why we are all nervous of will we qualify for CL.

If AVB achieves CL football this year which I fully hope he will then Redknapp ghost should be laid to rest and we will finally move on.

I hated the horrible old coont, worst years ever supporting Spurs were during his tenure.

When you think about the bad times gone by that shows how much he did my fookin head in.

Imagine ....just take a minute to imagine what we would have achieved if we had a proper intelligent professional manager over the last few years. Instead we had that tw*t in charge ...... fook me he didnt half get a good ride at the expense of the players credit.

Now look at the clueless f*cktard ..... even QPR's purse cant mask the fact he is/was/has always been a clueless chancer stumbling around the football world blagging & macing clubs out of contracts.

So glad the bloke is long gone and heading off into obscurity..... I feel like Ive been cured of a flesh eating disease or woke up after a bad dream.

Before anyone throws the fickle sh*t about ...... 35 year fan ....£50,000+ spent on travel/support in my lifetime so I feel Im entitled to my shout without any disrespectful comments.

AVB is here now thank fook ....we now have the genuine/real thing ....not some barrow boy motor mouth with connections and ideas above his station in life.

With a few signings in the right positions we will be complete & aside from the money clubs there is fook all we cant achieve.

COYS
I think you're giving him less credit than he deserves. This 'clueless fucktard' got us 4th twice, got us into the champions league. That man has probably forgotten more about football than you know.

I appreciate what he did for us, but I didn't particularly like what came with him. He is a better manager than Jol ever was for us IMO. He was sacked at the right time, and I think that AVB is the perfect man to take us into the new era. Calling Redknapp names is just the mark of a 'fucktard' IMO.

Also I totally disagree about 'getting a good ride on the players credit' - the manager is the most important man at the club. Did Rafa Benitez do this at Inter after Mourinho left? No, because he wasn't good enough.

I appreciate what he did for us, but I didn't particularly like what came with him.

I think this probably sums up most level headed fans view of Redknapp. We wouldn't be where we are now with out him, but that does not mean we have to worship the man. But all this hatred towards him and labelling him as an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about is something I don't understand.

I think this probably sums up most level headed fans view of Redknapp. We wouldn't be where we are now with out him, but that does not mean we have to worship the man. But all this hatred towards him and labelling him as an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about is something I don't understand.
If someone didn't actually like Redknapp (which I think was 50/50 amongst Spurs fans) then fair enough - as long as they appreciate what he did for us. We achieved our highest league position for 20 years under the man, which is something that a club legend (Hoddle), a great manager at Woolwich, Jol and a UEFA Cup winner could achieve. To doubt the man's abilities is idiotic, as he obviously has some good interpersonal skills - the player's seemed to like him (VDV particularly).

I liked him when he first came, but eventually got sick and tired of everything that came with him after a while (the media etc). Also I herd some inside info about his financial aspect which didn't surprise me, but pushed me further from him. That didn't mean to say that i wanted him out, but just wasn't upset when he left.

As I already said... nothing anyone can say will change my opinion of him, if anyone says he did this or that they have no idea imo & that opinion will never change. He is an idiot who has managed to blag his way into a few lucrative jobs.

We were 5th & 5th (nearly 4th if it were not for a dodgy lasagna) ..... so the flappy chopped coont rode in & took advantage of our players malaise with Ramos and rode the fooker like senior citizen with a bag full of bus tokens with a few days to kill.

Imagine if .....at the point we got Redchops in we got a proper manager in instead????

I drool at that thought, we would have done so fookin much...... instead we (the fans) spent three fookin years arguing and squabbling over one of the most horrible coonts to grace the stage of the beautiful game.

Crouch ....... if you are a Yid & you dont wince at the mere mention of that lanky coonts name then you are a Harry <removed> & you will never be able to get past your blind loyalty to see what a waste of time his tenure was.

It's easy to tell if Redknapp was any good at his job. Just compare our result from the first half of the season when he was managing, to the second half of the season where he wasn't.

As I already said... nothing anyone can say will change my opinion of him, if anyone says he did this or that they have no idea imo & that opinion will never change. He is an idiot who has managed to blag his way into a few lucrative jobs.
Absolute bullshit. How can you blag managing in the top flight for nearly 20 years? He has his limitations, but he's obviously not an idiot.

It's easy to tell if Redknapp was any good at his job. Just compare our result from the first half of the season when he was managing, to the second half of the season where he wasn't.

If you get sacked when he did .....its not because he was a fan fave & had done well.

Its because he was sh*t & he rode his luck, did ok on his ride but was found out as sh*t & deserving of fook all credit.

Advance to Loftus Road, do not pass go, do not collect 200 sovs ..... you are the weakest link now fook off.

:lineker:

So that would make him a good manager, who acted unprofessionally and lost his focus

If you get sacked when he did .....its not because he was a fan fave & had done well.

Its because he was sh*t & he rode his luck, did ok on his ride but was found out as sh*t & deserving of fook all credit.

Advance to Loftus Road, do not pass go, do not collect 200 sovs ..... you are the weakest link now fook off.

:lineker:

No one cares. No one gets offended that you despise QPR's manager.

Most people are glad Redknapps gone, even those like me who appreciate what he did. Its only the people who hate him who get an erection talking about him.

I was a big fan of Crouch and rated him better than JD and Pav during his time with us.

I think he was terribly maligned by many of our supporters. He scored the two most iconic goals of that particular period in the club's history, both away too.

Re harry, overall he did a good job, but failed to win a trophy that the squad merited. Some of the blame for that has to go to ENIC and their perennial lack of ambition, refusing to invest that extra £100m of their own money that probably would have been enough.

Yes, I see the argument why should they do that. Well, it's up to them. City and Chelsea did it and much more and won trophies, that's the bottom line.

Harry doesn't rank amongst our top 5 managers for me, but he does rank amongst our top ten.

Harry was better than Jol, Santini and Ramos of the recent ones. So far I rate AVB higher than Harry but that's as much about potential as what he's achieved so far.

That man has probably forgotten more about football than you know.

I agree with your post, but I loathe this phrase.

coont fooker fookin coonts coonts

I don't know what is more irritating, your amazingly lopsided views or the fact that you use so many fucking O's. If you want to fucking swear, fucking swear, there's no fucking swear filter to prevent your fuckery. Fucking fuckety fuck fuck!!!!

:parker:

Cuntflaps

:baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom