The Redknapp Effect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
As a self confessed Harry hater, it irks me greatly that some fans seem to think that AVB is having success on the back of Redknapp’s squad. There are obviously some points to clear up with this thinking. In the beginning I was extremely wary having Redknapp as manager, a man that had never managed a top premier league/first division team, often flirted or achieved relegation and some would say, being the catalyst for the teams he managed to suffer [...]

Continue reading...

Quick everybody, POPCORN GIFS!!

97pbN.gif

I'm particularly interested in how our player of the season last year is now crap. Whether he has or hasn't been available to us this season should be beside the point. Kaboul was a fucking monster for us last year.

Also, not a fair shake for Parker. Came back from a long injury to find his midfield partner had left Spurs...

Friedel was the best old-man signing Redknapp has ever made. Enormous for us last season. Deteriorating now more because of inconsistent playing time than his age, probably. Will be fondly remembered for his service to the club as a one-season wonder.

I know the author, and one thing's for sure- Richard HATES Harry. That being said (I'll keep it short because we've done this before)- Harry was great for players confindence, and I think that's what we needed/need. The dislike of Harry based on his Us/Them comments goes out the window when you hear people shouting some of the nonsense they do at our own players. Anyways- AVB is here. I'm thrilled. Fuck Woolwich in their ear. Nothing really new from me.

"In fact, judging by the vitriol directed at certain players this season, those players all seem to be on this list. The list I remind you, purchased by Harry.
So, in conclusion what is the Redknapp Effect? A bunch of players that are not good enough."

Basically this article was written by a fickle cunt, defending other fickle cunts.

Bravo, and out.

"In fact, judging by the vitriol directed at certain players this season, those players all seem to be on this list. The list I remind you, purchased by Harry.
So, in conclusion what is the Redknapp Effect? A bunch of players that are not good enough."

Basically this article was written by a fickle cunt, defending other fickle cunts.

Bravo, and out.

Bit harsh to call someone a cunt because their opinion differs to yours, it's your second post in the thread - why not just leave it alone if it makes you angry?

Its not that his opinion differs, or that he hates Harry (trust me, Im so over that whole debate)

Its that he justifies what he describes as "vitriol" aimed at players like Parker, Gallas, Brad, Defoe and Adebayor on the basis that they are "a bunch of players who are not good enough".

Suddenly Kaboul is shit too?

Those players got us 4th last year and we finished above Chelsea, yet now they are shit signings? So its ok to abuse them?

Fans that think like this are fickle, fairweather and glory hunting people who poison the atmosphere at WHL, and are the reason our home games are now quieter than arsenals.

For that, and that alone, they are cunts.

I was happy with Harry for what he did with us. I was not happy when he was fired, but we have AVB and i am thrilled. Harry did provide us with what we needed. The signings that were made during his time as manager, made us money and we finished high in the table.

I would argue that there wasn't a keeper in the world we could have gotten for free and played well enough for us to finish 4th. I would argue Kaboul is irreplaceable (ignoring the injury) because of last season. I would argue that Parker was exactly what we needed for last season. I would argue that Walker is irreplaceable. What RB in the world is better than Walker and has a realistic shot at coming to Spurs. Walker could be sold for a huge profit as well.

Its not that his opinion differs, or that he hates Harry (trust me, Im so over that whole debate)

Its that he justifies what he describes as "vitriol" aimed at players like Parker, Gallas, Brad, Defoe and Adebayor on the basis that they are "a bunch of players who are not good enough".

Suddenly Kaboul is shit too?

Those players got us 4th last year and we finished above Chelsea, yet now they are shit signings? So its ok to abuse them?

Fans that think like this are fickle, fairweather and glory hunting people who poison the atmosphere at WHL, and are the reason our home games are now quieter than arsenals.

For that, and that alone, they are cunts.

It's not really fickle to point out that those players aren't good enough now, they were last season - but that would be mine main criticism of Redknapp......he only deals in today, tomorrow doesn't seem to exist in his management of football clubs.

In that I include the clubs finances, transfer policy, team selection.....I could go on forever.

It's not really fickle to point out that those players aren't good enough now, they were last season

Players sign.
Accepted and praised as good signings one season.
Next season, form drops due to injuries, new team-mates, new manager, new system.
Slag them off as being not good enough and slate the person who signed them.

Id like to know what fickle is to you then?

Players sign.
Accepted and praised as good signings one season.
Next season, form drops due to injuries, new team-mates, new manager, new system.
Slag them off as being not good enough and slate the person who signed them.

Id like to know what fickle is to you then?

Fickle suggests the person holding the opinion has changed, not the player they have an opinion on.

I neither love nor hate Harry, but he did have character :harrysmile:

When he was fired I did think it was harsh and was very sceptical of AVB: his dismissal at Chelski might have been harsh, but he did take a top team and left them in 10th place. Not really ideal.

The list of players: yes, there are quite a few that didn't make the cut. But some names named are being called shit that don't deserve to be. Walker is young and still developing and will probably be one of the best English RB of today. Parker has shown some amazing stuff in important games. Friedel - one of the best free transfers in a long time!

When he was fired I did think it was harsh and was very sceptical of AVB: his dismissal at Chelski might have been harsh, but he did take a top team and left them in 10th place. Not really ideal.
!

10th?!

They were 5th, 3 points off 4th......they finished 6th, 5 points off 4th.

Their points per game average decreased as well.

That article didn't make any sense to me.

It didnt, mainly because no one other than him is saying AVB is winging it on Harrys squad.

Ive never heard anyone say that, and if they did, they would be laughed at. The main part of the squad is completely different, as is our shape, as is our style.

He is trying to be clever, yet he is arguing against something that no one has said.

Back
Top Bottom