The Redknapp Effect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hated the horrible old coont, worst years ever supporting Spurs were during his tenure.

When you think about the bad times gone by that shows how much he did my fookin head in.

Imagine ....just take a minute to imagine what we would have achieved if we had a proper intelligent professional manager over the last few years. Instead we had that tw*t in charge ...... fook me he didnt half get a good ride at the expense of the players credit.

Now look at the clueless f*cktard ..... even QPR's purse cant mask the fact he is/was/has always been a clueless chancer stumbling around the football world blagging & macing clubs out of contracts.

So glad the bloke is long gone and heading off into obscurity..... I feel like Ive been cured of a flesh eating disease or woke up after a bad dream.

Before anyone throws the fickle sh*t about ...... 35 year fan ....£50,000+ spent on travel/support in my lifetime so I feel Im entitled to my shout without any disrespectful comments.

AVB is here now thank fook ....we now have the genuine/real thing ....not some barrow boy motor mouth with connections and ideas above his station in life.

With a few signings in the right positions we will be complete & aside from the money clubs there is fook all we cant achieve.

COYS

Never got the hate. If he was just riding on the coattails of the talented squad, why do we get to blame him for the collapse at the end of last season?
I enjoyed the football we played under him, and he was a limited tactician, but so was Jol. Only difference is Jol had a warmer feeling about him.

Never got the hate. If he was just riding on the coattails of the talented squad, why do we get to blame him for the collapse at the end of last season?
I enjoyed the football we played under him, and he was a limited tactician, but so was Jol. Only difference is Jol had a warmer feeling about him.

For me the players & the manager are to blame for that ..... case closed on that score but it was a valid point. If anyone so chooses to blame only Redknapp for it then they would be mistaken.

I also agree about the limited tactician comment & the warm feeling I got from Uncle Martin.

Hym sheet same-idge sort of.

I cant change the way I feel about two bob Harry .... Ive experienced relegation :vdvcry: , shit managers :adelol: , poor players :avbshit: , bad signings :balesnarl: , judases :parker: (is that a word?) Jenas :dembele:.....Crouch :gylfi:

But I never ..... ever ..... fookin ever want to go through that Harry Redknapp shite again..... it makes me cry just reminiscing about it.

I think it's great when someone bothers to write an article - and there have been some cracking ones lately - but this is just tripe. It's a short rant of an opinion that belongs on the boring manager debates of around 6 months' ago. For reigniting - even for a second - the HR debate and allowing tragic morons - who for some peculiar reason still have more hate to dish out on the subject - to revomit their opinions is just pathetic. FFS there are better things to talk about. We have one of the best players in the world and are currently third, whilst also chasing a European trophy.

I hated the horrible old coont, worst years ever supporting Spurs were during his tenure.

When you think about the bad times gone by that shows how much he did my fookin head in.

Imagine ....just take a minute to imagine what we would have achieved if we had a proper intelligent professional manager over the last few years. Instead we had that tw*t in charge ...... fook me he didnt half get a good ride at the expense of the players credit.

Now look at the clueless f*cktard ..... even QPR's purse cant mask the fact he is/was/has always been a clueless chancer stumbling around the football world blagging & macing clubs out of contracts.

So glad the bloke is long gone and heading off into obscurity..... I feel like Ive been cured of a flesh eating disease or woke up after a bad dream.

Before anyone throws the fickle sh*t about ...... 35 year fan ....£50,000+ spent on travel/support in my lifetime so I feel Im entitled to my shout without any disrespectful comments.

AVB is here now thank fook ....we now have the genuine/real thing ....not some barrow boy motor mouth with connections and ideas above his station in life.

With a few signings in the right positions we will be complete & aside from the money clubs there is fook all we cant achieve.

COYS

I hate the cunt too. But Gerry Francis?

I think it's great when someone bothers to write an article - and there have been some cracking ones lately - but this is just tripe. It's a short rant of an opinion that belongs on the boring manager debates of around 6 months' ago. For reigniting - even for a second - the HR debate and allowing tragic morons - who for some peculiar reason still have more hate to dish out on the subject - to revomit their opinions is just pathetic. FFS there are better things to talk about. We have one of the best players in the world and are currently third, whilst also chasing a European trophy.

Yawn

I hate the cunt too. But Gerry Francis?

Hahaha... I take your point but think about it, with Francis you didnt have the media queuing up to suck his c*ck & every pundit jizzing at the sheer mention of his name. You also didnt have 50% deluded spurs fans all forming a protective and frustrating loyalty parade down the high road in his messianic name.

Imagine you were walking down the street & trod in dogsh*t ..... when you got to the pub al your mates were saying ....errr whats that smell?
You say "Oh sorry lads I trod in some dogsh*t on the way here"
Then a few of your more deluded f*cktard mates said......"No wait ....thats not dogsh*t its truffle..... wow you have trodden in truffle...... scrape it off and satay it with some bok choy, thinly sliced onion & some chinese five spice & it will taste divine. Then you spend the next 2 hours trying to convince them that its not truffle, it is blatently & clearly dogsh*t, yet after your failed attempts they still firmly believe it is pure £80 per ounce truffle.

Francis had no similar effect ..... he was just Sh*t & most agreed on that.

I laughed my boll*x off when twitchy was sacked for a number of reasons..... the main one was because the ridiculous man was gone from the club I love & another massive reason was the fact that it showed up the naivety & poor judgement of a huge number of noob fans who still to this day think it was a mistake.

:adelol:

Really?

GeorgeGraham_468x462.jpg

Yeah, funny how I started a thread yesterday called "OUR manager speaks", with the sole purpose of proving to myself that no one would reply, and actually discuss AVB and our situation, and our manager's position.

I was wrong. ONE person replied........while the Redknapp thread grew.

:harryfacepalm:

Yeah, funny how I started a thread yesterday called "OUR manager speaks", with the sole purpose of proving to myself that no one would reply, and actually discuss AVB and our situation, and our manager's position.

I was wrong. ONE person replied........while the Redknapp thread grew.

:harryfacepalm:

To be fair, there wasn't really anything to discuss there, it was just quotes from a press conference. I just thought you were sharing some info rather than calling for a debate. This article on the other hand poses many reasons for debate.

Nothing to discuss?

Well what in your thread warranted reply?

There is a lot to talk about in this thread, not least the quality of the article, the assumptions made about our playing staff, and the arguments posed by it. There are more replies in this thread because there is actually something to talk about. And not just whether people hate Harry or not, the authors assessment of the signings during HR's time for example is certainly worth talking about. The fact that players who when they came in were exactly what we needed, but are now surplus, shows how far we have come in such a short time. It doesn't mean they were bad signings, just that the club has progressed.

Other people have quite fairly pointed out that signings at Spurs are not all down the the manager.

This is what people do when posed with something worth discussing, they talk about it.

Nothing.

Lets talk about QPR's manager

Then why are you bringing it up?

He isn't just QPR's manager though is he. He was our manager, and the effects of his tenure (both good and bad) are still relevant at Spurs. Life isn't so black and white that once someone leaves a position they are no longer relevant to that organisation.

Then why are you bringing it up?

:dempsey:

He isn't just QPR's manager though is he. He was our manager, and the effects of his tenure (both good and bad) are still relevant at Spurs. Life isn't so black and white that once someone leaves a position they are no longer relevant to that organisation.

But the article is based on the non existent notion, that people are claiming that AVB has inherited Redknapps squad. No one is claiming that, and no one is discussing that notion....as it doesnt exist.

Id rather discuss AVB, but as has been pointed out by Blanchflower, no one likes me, and no one replies to me because all I do is start fights and ruin threads, and nobody else here ever argues or bitches or makes personal digs.

Especially him. He never derails threads by talking about posters. He only talks about the subject, rather than me. As you will see, he hasnt made constant references to me in this thread.....he only wants to keep it on topic, and discuss the non existent notion of the article.

Thats why he hasnt once referred to it, and from his very first post, started to engage me.

I wish I was more like him. A model poster, who doesnt like to debate with me, and so rises above it all, by never quoting my posts.

Very good. He's so very good.

Back
Top Bottom