The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to football!

In the race for the top 4, we now have a 90.5% chance of finishing in it, according to betting exchange odds.

In the race for the top 3, in other words to be the top team in London, we have a 70.4% chance, with Woolwich being in with a 17.5% chance still.

Hopefully Woolwich will be derailed by Valencia, repeating their glorious failure in 1980, and lose to either Leicester or Brighton. Burnley could get in their ugly faces on the last day too. Lets start with dropped points for the scum tonight though.

If Wolves and City win tonight 3rd is pretty much done

giphy.gif

Back to football!

In the race for the top 4, we now have a 90.5% chance of finishing in it, according to betting exchange odds.

In the race for the top 3, in other words to be the top team in London, we have a 70.4% chance, with Woolwich being in with a 17.5% chance still.

They will drop points tonight and that will drop off

As you don't appear to have a dictionary,

Imbecilic = stupid, half-witted, moronic etc etc.

By the way, it's Mum not mom. You're not a Yank by any chance? (it would explain a lot)
As one of the few Yanks on this board I resent your comment. I'm not sure if you're aware of the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act but I would read up on it if I were you and I'd be afraid because I'm seconds away of contacting the proper authorities.

considering I'm half yank, it's either Mom or Mum, she doesn't mind what I call her...so long as I call her
Funny, you're mom doesn't mind what I call her either
giphy.gif

As one of the few Yanks on this board I resent your comment. I'm not sure if you're aware of the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act but I would read up on it if I were you and I'd be afraid because I'm seconds away of contacting the proper authorities.

Afraid this is neither funny nor interesting. Please go ahead and contact whoever you wish.

Can you point to any of those words I used which constitute 'harassment'. You may resent it but it doesn't amount to harassment. On the other hand, I was the subject of a threat. This falls under the term 'harassment'.

Now please grow up!

Find out who they are, sit outside their house in your car waiting for them to leave. When they do, bundle them into your car, have a screwdriver to hand (I like pozi ones, and rusty looks best, but I guess it doesn't matter much, it's just for visual effect). Cable tie their wrists and ankles, put a sock in their mouth and tape over it. Smile like you're really enjoying the experience. Go sit in the front seat and rub your cheek where they managed to land a blow while you were doing all this. Look annoyed in the rear view mirror at them while you do this. Drive to the coast, listening to something dark. Park up at a cliff edge, wrap a length of heavy chain around them, making sure it's tight and padlock it together. Look like you're enjoying their squirming and muffled screams at this point. Now, you have two choices:
a) throw them over the cliff into the sea. It is literary the definition of over the top though, and may cause more problems than it solves, so consider instead:
option b) look them right in the eye and tell them you are going to do a) and sound serious. Pick them up and drag them toward the cliff so they believe you. Then, tell them you've had a change of heart and so long as Spurs do finish top four you aren't going to go a bit murdery after all, that and so long as they never disrespect you on TFC again. Ever. Ask them if they understand. They will definitely nod at this point. Look them in the eye again. Ask them if they are going to tell mummy/the forum authorities about this. They will definitely shake their head at this point. Show them your screwdriver again (honestly though, no one takes Phillips heads seriously so pick wisely) and tell them what will happen if they break their promise. Now, at this stage you could still do a) but assuming this isn't Saturday afternoon and West Ham haven't just become the first team to win at the NWHL I guess you won't do a) in which case get them back in your car, remove the chains, the tape and sock (don't worry they won't scream at this point, things have just started going well for them and they won't want to risk poking the hornet's nest) but best to leave the cable ties on to stop them throttling you while you drive. Drive them home, listening to something relaxing, maybe share some football anecdotes with them and the funny story about the suitcase and the fish. Once you reach your destination, cut the cable ties and tell them to have a nice day, acting like you're just dropping off a mate. They will get out the car at this stage and will walk off. Probably quite fast. They'll look over their shoulder at you though, guaranteed, and you will have that screwdriver in your hand knocking against your forehead real relaxed like. Now you're done and you can drive off confident that you've made your point.

That's what I would do anyway but I only ever got one PM - it was off Sammy some years ago when he was a bit mental right before he disappeared for a year or two and came back much more mature. Alternatively, appeal to the forum authorities, call him a cunt or report him to the police. Choice is yours.

giphy.gif

This is rather a lot of work and life's too short

Thanks for the advice though.

This is rather a lot of work and life's too short

Thanks for the advice though.

Sorry, I was making light of it too much probably, in seriousness if someone is going too far then you can report it to the police if someone on the net is for real harassing you. I think it is taken more seriously nowadays but I've no idea of the details in this case.

Afraid this is neither funny nor interesting. Please go ahead and contact whoever you wish.

Can you point to any of those words I used which constitute 'harassment'. You may resent it but it doesn't amount to harassment. On the other hand, I was the subject of a threat. This falls under the term 'harassment'.

Now please grow up!
Sorry. You’re wrong.
S4 Harassment is threatening
S2 Harassment is non threatening
Both require a course of conduct which you know or ought to know would cause harassment to the victim.

There’s also racially aggravated harassment (S2 or S4) and Malicious Communications Act 1988 (racial or non racial depending on whether S145 CJA 2003 applies)
We can also throw in s127 Communications Act 2003 if we are looking at the whole gamut of possibilities.

I have no beef with you, but be careful about making complaints about the behaviour of people on a forum when you then call other people yanks & imbeciles in a post of your own.
Just an opinion, mind.

Back
Top Bottom