The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but that's a hoax created on forums as such - do you honestly think Poch and club would risk our most prized asset in such a naive and unprofessional manner and on more than one occasion?
Yes. You never really know, despite even the best care, how someone’s going to pull up in a game post injury. Harry very much seems like he wants to play every game whether he’s fully fit or not.

At this stage of the season, I’d guess the number of players feeling 100% fit with no niggles in the entire league is a distinct minority. It’s part of any competitive sport.

Put it this way: if Ozil gets even a sniff of an injury, that cunt will be in the treatment room before he hits the ground. I’m pretty sure Kane would play with an eye patch and gunshot wound if he could sneak on the pitch.

Therein lies the difference, and the risk

Responsible?
No. The other forwards are responsible for taking a back seat when he is in the pitch..

Simple as that....no hysterics, no blame game, no WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Certain players play better when Kane is out.
That’s a fact.

The team needs Kane but it also needs others to function at their best with him playing.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Kane is very much responsible

When he returned in jan or was it feb, we didn't play as well. We just went down in tempo. My deceiving eyes told me, that it was because of Kane. Every time he got on the ball he would try and turn around and look for a opportunity to shoot, even if it's from 30 meters. This slowed down our play, and I do understand why teammates doesn't look as good with him playing.

I don't give a shit if he scores his goals when we lose at the same time. Look who's come good again
:sonlol:

Kane is very much responsible

When he returned in jan or was it feb, we didn't play as well. We just went down in tempo. My deceiving eyes told me, that it was because of Kane. Every time he got on the ball he would try and turn around and look for a opportunity to shoot, even if it's from 30 meters
. This slowed down our play, and I do understand why teammates doesn't look as good with him playing.

I don't give a shit if he scores his goals when we lose at the same time. Look who's come good again
:sonlol:

Yeah, you're talking bollocks mate.

Medical team first priority is to protect the players health. No matter what the player says.

If he has commenced training with the rest of the squad then he'll be available. Otherwise not. End of.

I'm sure he'll get injured playing for England.

Responsible?
No. The other forwards are responsible for taking a back seat when he is in the pitch..

Simple as that....no hysterics, no blame game, no WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Certain players play better when Kane is out.
That’s a fact.

The team needs Kane but it also needs others to function at their best with him playing.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHH
You ok?

Medical team first priority is to protect the players health. No matter what the player says.
Yes, but as I’ve said it’s not an exact science. Athletes aren’t engines you can plug a laptop into and run diagnostics. A big part of it is “how do you feel?”

Ozil says I’ll need another 3 weeks off in Dubai pls, Kane says yeah I’m good to go.

Competitive athletes lie through their teeth if there’s a big game or event on, even to themselves. Boxers do it, runners do it, footballers do it.

D4n9swTWkAA4u7m

Thank god, we only have Bournemouth remaining.

Though saying that, the list does have Chelsea x2, Man City x2 and Liverpool on it.
Not good recently, but that obscures the fact that we have won a record 11 away games in the league this season (and we acheived that in january). Over the course of this season we have 2 wins at west ham, a win at United, a win at Woolwich, a win at Dortmund, a Draw at Barcelona and a loss at Man city that was essentially a win (as we got the result we needed).

having said that, our big problem is away games at the big 6 in the league. Our return from them remains abysmal and we have a terrible habit of starting slow and conceding early.

If Chelsea and United draw we can finish WWDL and still get top 4. If Chelsea win all 3 games we have to finish WWWL.

GamesGDPoints
3Woolwich382978WWWW
4Tottenham383074WWDL
5Chelsea382374WWD
6Man Utd381874WWWD

If Woolwich finish WWDD then again WWDL should see us top 4.

Last edited:
If Chelsea and United draw we can finish WWDL and still get top 4. If Chelsea win all 3 games we can finish WWWL.

GamesGDPoints
3Woolwich382978WWWW
4Tottenham383074WWDL
5Chelsea382374WWD
6Man Utd381874WWWD

I genuinely think if we win our next 2 home games tonight & on Saturday that we will be there.

I can't see Chelsea getting maximum points away to Man U & Leciester + at home to a very good Watford team. I can't see Man U getting maximum points vs Man City & Chelsea (their last two games seem like bankers however) & I can't see Woolwich going away to games against Wolves, Leicester & Burnley and getting the points required to overtake us if we are sitting on 73 points come Saturday.

Win both or these and others our GD intact, at a minimum Chelsea need 7 points out of a potential 9, Woolwich would need a minimum of 8 points from a potential 12 & Man U would need 10 points from a remaining 12 to overtake us. We will have a huge amount of clarity come Saturday as to the end of our campaign.

A massive 3 games coming up for Spurs, all at home

Not good recently, but that obscures the fact that we have won a record 11 away games in the league this season (and we acheived that in january). Over the course of this season we have 2 wins at west ham, a win at United, a win at Woolwich, a win at Dortmund, a Draw at Barcelona and a loss at Man city that was essentially a win (as we got the result we needed).

having said that, our big problem is away games at the big 6 in the league. Our return from them remains abysmal and we have a terrible habit of starting slow and conceding early.

Over the last 4 seasons here are the top 6 results away at the rest:

Spurs:
Played: 20
Won: 3
Drawn: 6
Lost: 11

Man City:
Played: 19
Won: 8
Drawn: 3
Lost: 8

Liverpool:
Won: 5
Drawn: 9
Lost: 6

Man Utd:
Drawn: 5
Lost: 10

Woolwich:
Won: 0
Drawn: 7
Lost: 13

Cheslea:

--

Liverpool are top of the league and have won just 1 game away at the top 6 this season (us at Wembley). Chelsea have lost their last 6 games away at the clubs in the top 6. Chelsea's record away at the top clubs is pretty poor considering they won the league a few years back.

We've won the same amount of games away from home against the top 6 this season as Liverpool (1) and Man Utd (1) and more games than Woolwich (0) and Chelsea (0).

What we need to do is make sure if we're not winning away from home, that we actually get some draws and stop our rivals from winning because the draws column for us is the worst out of everyone including Woolwich.

Ultimately, you've got to laugh at Woolwich.

Last edited:
Over the last 4 seasons here are the top 6 results away at the rest:

Spurs:
Lost: 11

Man City:
Won: 8
Drawn: 3
Lost: 8

Liverpool:
Drawn: 9
Lost: 6

Man Utd:
Drawn: 5

Woolwich:
Won: 0
Drawn: 7
Lost: 13

Cheslea:
Drawn: 12

--

Liverpool are top of the league and have won just 1 game away at the top 6 this season (us at Wembley). Chelsea have lost their last 6 games away at the clubs in the top 6. Chelsea's record away at the top clubs is pretty poor considering they won the league a few years back.

We've won the same amount of games away from home against the top 6 this season as Liverpool (1) and Man Utd (1) and more games than Woolwich (0) and Chelsea (0).

What we need to do is make sure if we're not winning away from home, that we actually get some draws and stop our rivals from winning because the draws column for us is the worst out of everyone including Woolwich. Whilst we've only lost 1 more game than Chelsea and United have, they both have 5+ more points than us.

Ultimately, you've got to laugh at Woolwich.

Yeah woolwich are pathetic. No away wins at the big six since January 2015.

Yes, but as I’ve said it’s not an exact science. Athletes aren’t engines you can plug a laptop into and run diagnostics. A big part of it is “how do you feel?”

Ozil says I’ll need another 3 weeks off in Dubai pls, Kane says yeah I’m good to go.

Competitive athletes lie through their teeth if there’s a big game or event on, even to themselves. Boxers do it, runners do it, footballers do it.

No doubt. I've worked in Pro football and had to tell a player he can't play for the rest of the season.

Let's just say he threw his toys out of the pram.

Nothing is over until we cannot be caught by the fifth placed team.

Strongest possible sides until top 4 is guaranteed. Then send out the Academy (and Vinny!).

Just to keep fellow members informed.

Forum authorities have been informed of abusive and threatening messages sent by Cretinousgoat. They possibly contravene the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act. I received this in a PM (Cretinousgoat has limited members who can view his/her profile).

The forum needs to identify and take action against members such as these.

Just to keep fellow members informed.

Forum authorities have been informed of abusive and threatening messages sent by Cretinousgoat. They possibly contravene the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act. I received this in a PM (Cretinousgoat has limited members who can view his/her profile).

The forum needs to identify and take action against members such as these.
: ostrich:

Back
Top Bottom