The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anybody else feeling more confident now after that United loss? LOL.

I swear to god, it only takes one glimmer of hope to turn me into a delusional optimist again, it’s the hope that kills you though isn’t it? Fuck it, we are going to win every remaining fixture.
I think it's perfectly rational to expect us to finish in the top-four.

Dodgy games left:

Us- Man City away, Bournemouth away

Woolwich - Everton away, Watford away, Wolves away, Leicester away, Burnley away if they are in a relegation fight last day

Chelsea - Liverpool away, Man U away, Leicester away

Man U - Everton away, Man City home, Chelsea home.

I honestly think if Chelsea lose one more game that it'll be absolutely massive for us. Wolves getting the better of Man U tonight for me means only one of Man U or Chelsea can get top 4 now. Anything can happen but the ones I'm keeping my eye on aren't Woolwich, they're Chelsea now.

The 13th, 14th & 15th of April are massive for us. We play Huddersfield at home, Liverpool play Chelsea at Anfield & Watford play Woolwich at Vicarage Road. 10'days from now is the biggest weekend of our season I have no doubt. Get the job done tomorrow and that's the weekend where we could get a little breathing space.

I think we will see:

1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Spurs
4) Woolwich (unfortunately, although it doesn't really bother me as long as we finish in the top-four and preferably above them).

I think it's perfectly rational to expect us to finish in the top-four.
Look back at this thread. We basically all conviced ourselves that 16 out of 24 would do it. Then we lose to Liverpool, which most expected, on a complete blunder despite playing significantly better and suddenly we have no shot.

Then Woolwich win at home against Newcastle and suddenly they are world beaters, even with matches away to Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Watford still to come with some spicy Thursday Europa action mixed in to tire them out. The team that lost to Rennes and BATE on the road will just roll through that schedule, apparently.

Then today United lose away to Wolves, which is not a shock although a little unexpected, and now we have the edge on the top 4 race again, despite never really losing that edge in the first place.

This forum gives me a headache.

:pochfacepalm:

Look back at this thread. We basically all conviced ourselves that 16 out of 24 would do it. Then we lose to Liverpool, which most expected, on a complete blunder despite playing significantly better and suddenly we have no shot.

Then Woolwich win at home against Newcastle and suddenly they are world beaters, even with matches away to Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Watford still to come with some spicy Thursday Europa action mixed in to tire them out. The team that lost to Rennes and BATE on the road will just roll through that schedule, apparently.

Then today United lose away to Wolves, which is not a shock although a little unexpected, and now we have the edge on the top 4 race again, despite never really losing that edge in the first place.

This forum gives me a headache.

:pochfacepalm:

The 13th, 14th & 15th of April is when we will all see how things are shaping up good and proper mate.

A week and a half from now we play Huddersfield at home, Chelsea play Liverpool away and Woolwich play Watford away. What a massive weekend for euphoria/ melting that one will be :avbfacepalm:

Finally dished out his big 1-0-0-th red card.

Proud of the big man.

mikedean1301.jpg
He looks like a knockoff Voldemort.

yeah that apr13 weekend is massive, us playing at 12.30 could be a good thing. wonder if the ground will stay open for the man u 5.30 k/off

I would even go as far to say losing or drawing tonight is a full on crisis. Would be potentially 1 or 2 points from 18 and that’s just unheard of form for a top 4 side. No fucking excuses tonight as United have handed us a massive lifeline.

I would even go as far to say losing or drawing tonight is a full on crisis. Would be potentially 1 or 2 points from 18 and that’s just unheard of form for a top 4 side. No fucking excuses tonight as United have handed us a massive lifeline.
That is Juande Ramos levels of uselessness......

Don’t say that shit ffs, another loss tonight and I’m going full fucking melting. Even a draw is shit.

So I think 13 points gets us top 4.

It would be tight but our goal difference is good.

United, Chelsea and Woolwich have harder run-ins. United lose one more game and they are all but out of it and they have City and Chelsea to play.

Spendiola's City will deserve the quadruple if they navigate their fixture list. It looks nigh on impossible.

And next week we are going to give them a real fcuking game. No doubt in my mind.

So I think 13 points gets us top 4.

It would be tight but our goal difference is good.

United, Chelsea and Woolwich have harder run-ins. United lose one more game and they are all but out of it and they have City and Chelsea to play.

Spendiola's City will deserve the quadruple if they navigate their fixture list. It looks nigh on impossible.

And next week we are going to give them a real fcuking game. No doubt in my mind.

If Liverpool do us a favour next weekend against Chelsea at Anfield we can afford one more loss at least. Massive weekend for us next week. We'll know a lot more about where we stand after the next round of games I'm certain

If Liverpool do us a favour next weekend against Chelsea at Anfield we can afford one more loss at least. Massive weekend for us next week. We'll know a lot more about where we stand after the next round of games I'm certain

Yep, agreed.

Chelsea have such a difficult run-in and so many games in April.

And United's April is something else.

12 might do it for us as long as we have a net plus of around 4 goals but 13 and it is nigh on certain given the other games the 3 around us have to play.

This game could be a really big one for our top 4 hopes. Been moved to Monday 8pm so we could very well know what we need to do going into it. Good news or bad?

Back
Top Bottom