The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PREMIER LEAGUEMo 15Apr 2024ChelseavEverton
ENGLISH FA CUPSa 20Apr 2024Man CityvChelsea
PREMIER LEAGUETu 23Apr 2024WoolwichvChelsea
PREMIER LEAGUESa 27Apr 2024Aston VillavChelsea
PREMIER LEAGUETh 02May 2024ChelseavTottenham
PREMIER LEAGUESu 05May 2024ChelseavWest Ham
PREMIER LEAGUESa 11May 2024Nottm ForestvChelsea
PREMIER LEAGUEWe 15May 2024BrightonvChelsea
PREMIER LEAGUESu 19May 2024ChelseavBournemouth

SATURDAY 20TH APRIL
Wolverhampton Wanderers19:30Arsenal
SUNDAY 21ST APRIL
Aston Villa15:00AFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace15:00West Ham United
Fulham16:30Liverpool
TUESDAY 23RD APRIL
Arsenal20:00Chelsea
WEDNESDAY 24TH APRIL
Crystal Palace20:00Newcastle United
Everton20:00Liverpool
Manchester United20:00Sheffield United
THURSDAY 25TH APRIL
Brighton & Hove Albion20:00Manchester City
SATURDAY 27TH APRIL
West Ham United12:30Liverpool
Manchester United15:00Burnley
Newcastle United15:00Sheffield United
Aston Villa20:00Chelsea
SUNDAY 28TH APRIL
AFC Bournemouth14:00Brighton & Hove Albion
Tottenham Hotspur14:00Arsenal
Nottingham Forest16:30Manchester City

You really think both Chelsea and Newcastle will get 10 more points than us in 6 games?

They’d have to be in title winning form and we’d have to be on relegation form all at the same time.
Hmm, 10 out of 18 is not really title winning form. In the last 5 games, Chavs have got 11 points. Newcastle 10. Of course, I don’t think they’ll finish above us, but they’ll both sniff around top 4 next year.

With Woolwich and City of of Champions League and Liverpool and West Ham on their way out of Europa League, I guess (without knowing) , that Spurs need to get that 4th place to play Champions League next season.

Loser mentality of our fan base is now ingrained.

Stop this shit!!!!!!!!!!!
6 games to go. CL football still in our own hands.

Woolwich. Annual collapse.
Liverpool. Falling apart.
City. On the wobble.

And 3 other games against shite.

If we don’t get CL I’m ripping up my season ticket and burning my membership.
That will learn you Daniel!!!!

200w.gif

I'd be very happy with CL as it means we have finished the season well but also happy with EL. Thought we would do well to finish 6th at the start of the season so all going better than expected.
Big bonus for me with EL as said above is that there are no longer any CL drop outs which was always wrong.
Whatever competition we are in I'd like us to try and win it.

Loser mentality of our fan base is now ingrained.

Stop this shit!!!!!!!!!!!
6 games to go. CL football still in our own hands.

Woolwich. Annual collapse.
Liverpool. Falling apart.
City. On the wobble.

And 3 other games against shite.

If we don’t get CL I’m ripping up my season ticket and burning my membership.
That will learn you Daniel!!!!

200w.gif
Correct. Some happy with Europa league is bonkers. I fucking hate this mentality. 4th is in our hands. The top 3 will start to feel the pinch so it’s probably the best time to be facing them. If we don’t get 4th then we don’t deserve champions league football and Europa will have to be next best. Villa have a tough run in too and will get through tonight so they’ll have a semi final to be worrying about too.

Correct. Some happy with Europa league is bonkers. I fucking hate this mentality. 4th is in our hands. The top 3 will start to feel the pinch so it’s probably the best time to be facing them. If we don’t get 4th then we don’t deserve champions league football and Europa will have to be next best. Villa have a tough run in too and will get through tonight so they’ll have a semi final to be worrying about too.

Absolutely content with either scenario, I wouldn't say I'll be happy to finish 5th but if we finish 5th so be it, it's what we deserve and I'm not looking at that as a massive disappointment, would prefer CL though obviously.

No fight.
Battle till the last game and we’re gutted if we get beaten by Villa in a race to 4th. It’s the only mentality to have.

Some idiots were saying we were in a title race not that long ago. This here is the race. It’s two horse. Fuck coming second.

Back
Top Bottom