The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dortmund probably pull Germany further ahead tomorrow. But Thursday is pretty big. Liverpool and Aston Villa should see England through. West Ham vs Freiburg is a big one.

Biggest irony is that Villa could actually help themselves getting into the CL by focusing on the Conf League and finishing 5th in the Prem 😆

Even funnier if they decided to do just that and Germany ended up getting the 2nd spot anyway.

We just finish top 4 and be done with it. can't be arsed to go through all that nonsense in 2012 when Chelsea won the CL and we were sitting and praying they lost, the feeling after that match man, I felt sick.

Won't be the same feeling this time out but would still be massively pissed off.

We just finish top 4 and be done with it. can't be arsed to go through all that nonsense in 2012 when Chelsea won the CL and we were sitting and praying they lost, the feeling after that match man, I felt sick.

Won't be the same feeling this time out but would still be massively pissed off.

After which they immediately changed the rules. I think we got screwed out of a domestic cup final with a rule change the following year in the recent past too.

I just noticed Liverpool are in the Europa league. If they win it, what happens to the place in the CL they win? They obviously won't need it, since they'll have qualified through PL. Is this something they've 'fixed' too?

View: https://x.com/FootRankings/status/1767684168324886867?s=20

Top 2 leagues get the extra Champions League spot and a win for that lot tonight got England an extra 0.375 added to the numbers

Interesting.

On Talksport on Monday, they were asking Spurs fans to call in and talk about whether we'd throw top 4 to stop them winning the title.

They missed a trick here. Arse could throw the CL to stop us getting a spot next season. Or would they rather go all the way and help us get in?

It actually depends how the fixtures pan out. City, United and Liverpool are still in the FA Cup so they could drop a game and end up level with us, then Chelsea isn't a game in hand on them.

It could even be that one of those teams play Villa and that game get's postponed meaning 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th all on the same games.
We will be level games after Sat v Fulham. One win in 30 yrs at Chelsea says it’s not a gimme.
our game with City is on fa cup semi final day . Every chance they beat Newcastle and our game will be postponed.

We will be level games after Sat v Fulham. One win in 30 yrs at Chelsea says it’s not a gimme.
our game with City is on fa cup semi final day . Every chance they beat Newcastle and our game will be postponed.
No, our record is awful and I wouldn't want that to be the game that decides it.

However, our record is awful as they took off in the 90s with Hardings money and we went backwards. Then Abramavic.

But as it stands we're miles better than them. It's not even close at the moment. I'm actually looking forward to this game for once.

Could city win the champions league and still 5th place would not be guaranteed for a champions league spot or should I say Liverpool win the Europa and city the champions league. Because I don't see any of the others winning anything .Maybe villa

Could city win the champions league and still 5th place would not be guaranteed for a champions league spot or should I say Liverpool win the Europa and city the champions league. Because I don't see any of the others winning anything .Maybe villa

If Bayern Munich and Leverkusen get pretty far in their comps, yes

Back
Top Bottom