The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting CL would do nothing for us anyway, manager has already said it won't affect transfer plans

It would just make levy richer , probably award himself with a 300% pay rise

Anyone got any clue when the Chelsea and City games will be rearranged to?

Been confirmed that if City get to the semi final of the CL, our game with them will be final week.

Chelsea win today against Leicester and that game is tough to rearrange as they'll have 3 games (Woolwich, Brighton, Spurs) to fit in somewhere.

Getting CL would do nothing for us anyway, manager has already said it won't affect transfer plans

It would just make levy richer , probably award himself with a 300% pay rise
Would be nice to think one day, we could enter the CL with an actual chance of competing for it.
It's a pipe dream, but if the club changes hands in years to come, it's worth clinging to that hope.

I can’t see us getting 4th now with our run-in, but 5th should be OK.

Looking at our remaining matches I can see four likely (but without knowing which version of our team will turn up who knows?) wins: Luton, Forest & Burnley at home and Blades away. The rest will be difficult to even get a point from, apart from possibly West Ham & Newcastle away.

Will 12 more points be enough for 5th? I hope so because I reckon that 12-14 will be our lot.

I can’t see us getting 4th now with our run-in, but 5th should be OK.

Looking at our remaining matches I can see four likely (but without knowing which version of our team will turn up who knows?) wins: Luton, Forest & Burnley at home and Blades away. The rest will be difficult to even get a point from, apart from possibly West Ham & Newcastle away.

Will 12 more points be enough for 5th? I hope so because I reckon that 12-14 will be our lot.

Villa have a much harder run in though... As well as extra games to play on the side.

Villa losing to Spam…

2-0 (Edit: back to 1-0)

Back in our hands (assuming West Ham don't realise they're doing us a favour and implode).

Doesn't anyone want 5th?

Last edited:
Jesus. It's been a disconcertingly 'thank you West Ham' kind of week regarding our CL hopes. Unsettling.

Canadian Judging You GIF

I thought losing at Fulham meant Villa would win their remaining games.

Top 4 has always been around 70 points with few exceptions.
That being 3 wins every 5 games as enough to get there, which incidentally is our form over the past 5 games.

Foden, Haaland, Mbappe, Bellingham etc won't want to join us unless we're in the Champions League.

That's the standard of player we need to sign to take us to the next level right?

I expect their agents have already drawn up their transfer requests just waiting on us to secure Champions League football now.

Foden, Haaland, Mbappe, Bellingham etc won't want to join us unless we're in the Champions League.

That's the standard of player we need to sign to take us to the next level right?

I expect their agents have already drawn up their transfer requests just waiting on us to secure Champions League football now.

They won’t care either way because we won’t approach top players, CL or not. Just more money in the coffers, more turnover records to beat etc.

Qualifying for a competition that when we’re in we will probably end up being happy to get knocked out of so we can focus on next seasons top 4 race.

They won’t care either way because we won’t approach top players, CL or not. Just more money in the coffers, more turnover records to beat etc.

Qualifying for a competition that when we’re in we will probably end up being happy to get knocked out of so we can focus on next seasons top 4 race.

Don't worry Levy, I remember your ambition.

Back
Top Bottom