The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely at some point they do incur injuries at this point of this season - it’s unusual for a FC not to incur a bad run of luck
Its not like they havent had players out though. Dippers have had quite a few out for decent periods here and there. City obviously have had de bruyne missing for a large chunk then haaland for 6 weeks or so. They've both got the squads to cope a bit better. I'm perhaps underestimating the effect the domestic cups and CL will have. Here's hoping they get a few big guns crocked and struggle to keep their form going. I just can't see it personally. They'll manage in my opinion.

We have to beat them to make that difference. 6 point swing.

And those 20 points were won with a decimated squad.

Let’s be positive. We can do it!! Believe.
Absolutely. As i said, got to win the games that on paper we should be doing. Then go into the matches against city and dippers with a nothing to lose mentality. Big ask though isn't it to beat city then go to anfield and get 3 points.

Notice how I'm not even including Woolwich in the conversation btw :ange-arms:

Absolutely. As i said, got to win the games that on paper we should be doing. Then go into the matches against city and dippers with a nothing to lose mentality. Big ask though isn't it to beat city then go to anfield and get 3 points.

Notice how I'm not even including Woolwich in the conversation btw :ange-arms:
As much as I'd love it if we beat them, the Dippers game is going one way only. 🤣

As much as I'd love it if we beat them, the Dippers game is going one way only. 🤣
Agree. Hard enough place to go at the best of times. But the victims will be frothing at the mouth after the game at WHL. They'll be outraged at every decision that goes in our favour and it will all be orchestrated by that gobshite on the touchline. It will be an absolute cauldron of hate and I'd be amazed if we get out of there with anything. But it will be incidental if we don't regain our early season form as we won't have taken enough points to stay in touch.

The reason Klopp is quitting us he’s scared of Ange.

This is our Garth Crooks moment.

Visualise it now. That moment where the ball hits the back of the net.

ofa.gif

Here's hoping they get a few big guns crocked and struggle to keep their form going
City would need about 12 "big guns" crocked to make a dent. They just play the game in cheat mode.

Having said that, the stat about win % with and without Rodri was pretty stunning. something like 80 odd % win rate with him and 26% without. Mad that 1 player in that team can appear to make so much difference.

City would need about 12 "big guns" crocked to make a dent. They just play the game in cheat mode.

Having said that, the stat about win % with and without Rodri was pretty stunning. something like 80 odd % win rate with him and 26% without. Mad that 1 player in that team can appear to make so much difference.

If City get to semi final of FA Cup, the game will be postponed. If they get to the semi final of the CL then the game can't be made until the week between 11th May and 19th May which would mean it'd be the penultimate game of the season.

They may just have their priorities elsewhere by then.

Same with Liverpool. If they get to the semi final of Europa League. They'll play their first leg just 2 days before they play us (though I imagine we'd get it rearranged for Sunday) and then second leg 4 days later. So, we may have a good opportunity there too against tired legs.

Perhaps unlikely but if Woolwich also get to the semi final of CL, they'll play their first leg just days after the game at the Lane.

Villa getting injuries at a bad time in the season, they're still in El Thursday Nightio.

Fans will be thinking that top 4 not possible now. They looked good Sunday because Utd are poor, sit back, and don't press. Other than that, pretty meh since beating Goons and Citeh in Dec.

View: https://x.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1757095879897497905?s=20

Ange's devilish plan to get all our injuries out of the way in the first half of the season paying dividends now

:ange-lips::ange-lol:

Villa getting injuries at a bad time in the season, they're still in El Thursday Nightio.

Fans will be thinking that top 4 not possible now. They looked good Sunday because Utd are poor, sit back, and don't press. Other than that, pretty meh since beating Goons and Citeh in Dec.

View: https://x.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1757095879897497905?s=20

Ange's devilish plan to get all our injuries out of the way in the first half of the season paying dividends now

:ange-lips::ange-lol:

Dear Injury gods, please accept this sacrifice now, so that we may be free from injuries later…

Their squads are so strong though, citys in particular, and they can just plough on regarless. City have this knack of coasting til about now and then just becoming a machine. Take your point though. If they were to lose de Bruyne/ foden and Rodri then who knows. Wishful thinking though.

Yeah City don't really drop off at the end of season and have had Europe to deal with in most of them

We won’t get near the title imo. I’ll be happy with at least 4th

Stop the negative Nancy mindset. PMA is the key.
As well as MDMA. And maybe some PDA

As a collective we need to be the belief that courses through the veins of our players.

One game a week. Started the season with 26/30 points. Let’s do that again. see where we are at.

12 wins 2 draws and the title could be ours.

Back
Top Bottom