The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could have got 5 or 6 against Brentford if we kept up that 15 minute burst.
It reminded me of a Cup game against Wimbledon in the early '90s (92/93?) where we just kept scoring against them... We scored, they'd kick off, and we scored again, and again... and again...

I think we got 4 in about 6 minutes that day (or it certainly felt like it!)

Every team that plays with this kind of intensity plays in bursts.

Expecting us to ever play breakneck for 90mins isn’t based on (un doped) reality.
Even Kloppypool used to do it for 20min bursts then try to control the gaps.

What we need is to be more clinical in the bursts and more controlled in the lulls.
More than 15 minutes in the 90 is do-able

I’m living in a world of positivity now. I’ve left reality behind.

For me the only reason I’m not married to Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett johansenn and gal gadot is the fact we haven’t met. Nothing to do with the fact they may not believe in polygamy.

Whereas before I was willing to accept mediocrity from spurs now I expect 10-0 wins every week.

It’s been a very enriching experience.

So yes I expect us to beat Liverpool, City and woolwich. It might be unprecedented Matt1882 but it’s also going to happen.

One of them might even be the same weekend as my triple wedding.
Are you "on a mission from God"???

Blues Brothers GIF

I know there are consistency issues with our attackers, but if most stay healthy we have enough firepower to compete for the rest of the season. Outside maybe 2-3 other EPL teams we are clearly superior in attack.

I know its absolutely pathetic but a tiny incoherent but noisy part of me thinks we are going to go close to winning the league.... there said it out loud and its even crazier.
We're just that bit too far behind to mount a realistic challenge i think. We've not been playing well lately. How much of that is down to us not being quite at it and how much of it is down to teams adapting to deal with us I'm not sure. I'm hoping though now everyone is back from international duty and with more game time for the likes of madders and vdv we can rediscover our early season form and swagger. If we do we will win most of the games we should do on paper and well take our fair share of points from that tough run in April/ May. That might be enough to finish above Woolwich but I reckon we'd still be 5 or 6 off city and Liverpool. Keep playing as we are though and we'll be a good 15-20 points off.

We're just that bit too far behind to mount a realistic challenge i think. We've not been playing well lately. How much of that is down to us not being quite at it and how much of it is down to teams adapting to deal with us I'm not sure. I'm hoping though now everyone is back from international duty and with more game time for the likes of madders and vdv we can rediscover our early season form and swagger. If we do we will win most of the games we should do on paper and well take our fair share of points from that tough run in April/ May. That might be enough to finish above Woolwich but I reckon we'd still be 5 or 6 off city and Liverpool. Keep playing as we are though and we'll be a good 15-20 points off.
For me, the European games resuming for those teams in front of us may be our only favourable factor for them to lose points. And really hope those games will catch up to them and injure a few of their crucial players' muscles (or hamstrings) as well. Then it will be up to us to make that count and claw back as many points difference as possible.

For me, the European games resuming for those teams in front of us may be our only favourable factor for them to lose points. And really hope those games will catch up to them and injure a few of their crucial players' muscles (or hamstrings) as well. Then it will be up to us to make that count and claw back as many points difference as possible.
Their squads are so strong though, citys in particular, and they can just plough on regarless. City have this knack of coasting til about now and then just becoming a machine. Take your point though. If they were to lose de Bruyne/ foden and Rodri then who knows. Wishful thinking though.

Keep playing as we are though and we'll be a good 15-20 points off.

Keep playing as we are = Last 10 games.

Liverpool 23
City 23
Spurs 20. And just think of those dropped points at Everton.

We just can’t lose. Dropping points to Everton means we now can’t drop points against one of the big boys.

0.0001% chance.

Still only get 40/1 from the bookies though!! Thieves!!!

Their squads are so strong though, citys in particular, and they can just plough on regarless. City have this knack of coasting til about now and then just becoming a machine. Take your point though. If they were to lose de Bruyne/ foden and Rodri then who knows. Wishful thinking though.
Surely at some point they do incur injuries at this point of this season - it’s unusual for a FC not to incur a bad run of luck

Keep playing as we are = Last 10 games.

Liverpool 23
City 23
Spurs 20. And just think of those dropped points at Everton.

We just can’t lose. Dropping points to Everton means we now can’t drop points against one of the big boys.

0.0001% chance.

Still only get 40/1 from the bookies though!! Thieves!!!
At that rate dippers and city would be another 4 or 5 points better off on us than they are already. We didn't deserve to beat Everton IMO as we didn't play well enough, as frustrating as it was to concede a stoppage time equaliser, not to mention the obstruction on Vicario. There have been other games in that run where I think it's fair to admit we have done well to get out with 3 points. I don't expect us to be as far as 15-20 behind as i think we will improve and I don't expect us to be within 5 unless we fully regain that early season form and momentum. Somewhere in between probably.

At that rate dippers and city would be another 4 or 5 points better off on us than they are already. We didn't deserve to beat Everton IMO as we didn't play well enough, as frustrating as it was to concede a stoppage time equaliser, not to mention the obstruction on Vicario. There have been other games in that run where I think it's fair to admit we have done well to get out with 3 points. I don't expect us to be as far as 15-20 behind as i think we will improve and I don't expect us to be within 5 unless we fully regain that early season form and momentum. Somewhere in between probably.

We have to beat them to make that difference. 6 point swing.

And those 20 points were won with a decimated squad.

Let’s be positive. We can do it!! Believe.

Back
Top Bottom