The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We'll have gained points on Villa and the Gooners come Sunday evening.
So going back to this, you were right about 1 of them.

The question is, is it a good thing they lost to United?
Were we better off climbing a point above Villa, or would it have (for now) have been better to have pulled 9 clear of United?

Above Villa, deal with what’s in front of you. Don’t worry about the rear view mirror

So going back to this, you were right about 1 of them.

The question is, is it a good thing they lost to United?
Were we better off climbing a point above Villa, or would it have (for now) have been better to have pulled 9 clear of United?

Above Villa, deal with what’s in front of you. Don’t worry about the rear view mirror

Next 6

Spurs
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)

Villa
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)
Luton (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Wolves (H)

Man U
Luton (A)
Fulham (H)
City (A)
Everton (H)
Sheff Utd (H)
Brentford (A)

I can't see that any one team has a harder or easier set of fixtures there. Big game obviously when we go to Villa Park, which, IMO, will be a must win game by then.

Next 6

Spurs
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)

Villa
Fulham (A)
Forest (H)
Luton (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Wolves (H)

Man U
Luton (A)
Fulham (H)
City (A)
Everton (H)
Sheff Utd (H)
Brentford (A)

I can't see that any one team has a harder or easier set of fixtures there. Big game obviously when we go to Villa Park, which, IMO, will be a must win game by then.

Is Chelsea away postponed?

Yeah.

We've got just 2 games in our next 26 days. Wolves and Palace. Before we play Villa.

Within that time, Villa play 4 games before they play us including a European game 3 days before.

Nice.

Get in shape for this title charge - a lot of time spend on the training pitches to gel these players.

Be absolutely raring to go in April for the big games.

Flakes can’t melt?

Need to try that first to confirm

It’s fact. Look at the 99 ice cream as an example.
The ice cream melts but the flake doesn’t!!

tumblr_maic14j1vh1rurv44.gif

More interested in getting closer to the teams above us
We've only lost the 1 game to Brighton since those 4 losses from the Chelsea game.
Since Spam snatched their 1-2 win we've played 9, won 6 lost 2 drawn 2. for 2.2ppg

In that same period - Arse have played 9, won 5, drawn 1 lost 3 for 1.77ppg
Liverpool - same as us 2.22ppg
Man City W7 D1 L1 PPG 2.66ppg. Mostly without Haaland and KDB, who are now back.

All this talk of 1 game a week, no Europe etc, don't get excited. Half our players looked dead on their feet on Saturday and have in every game for months IMO.

I was in the car listening to Talksport and ALL they kept saying was Man United are back in the top 4 race.
Which I don't really disagree with.
What I disagree with, is that if we were 6th and 6 points behind, nobody by O'Hara would put us in that discussion. NOBODY.
Fucking Pardew showed up at that point and started putting Newcastle in the discussion. 11 points behind FFS.

It’s good for business for them if utd are in the race.

Still have a looong way to go as a club. Their stadium is a mess and needs renovation but the squad is old and needs a rebuild. They are 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Back
Top Bottom