The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PWDLFAGDPtsPosPPG
11960-6142314711555606612.31
22016-173826848626608622.26
32017-183823877436387732.03
41950-5142251078244386012.02
52023-24241455513615471.96
61966-6742248107148235631.90

5th best PPG in our top flight history with 1.96.
A win in our next game would mean 50 points in 25 games.
Astonishing when we played 6 (?) games without a single CB and missing all three first choice CM’ers

I think Villa are fucked, got some tough games and their home form has tanked.

Concerned about Utd but losing Martinez probably torpedos their chance of 4th
United still have to play City, Liverpool and Woolwich, as do we. With almost 10 points between us, us bettering their results in those three should see us safe. Should United win all three that will potentially put us closer to that trio anyway. It's us/Villa for 4th at this point I feel.

United still have to play City, Liverpool and Woolwich, as do we. With almost 10 points between us, us bettering their results in those three should see us safe. Should United win all three that will potentially put us closer to that trio anyway. It's us/Villa for 4th at this point I feel.
They are ok against decent sides, I don’t see them winning all their games vs lower teams tho. Don’t score enough goals

I think we will comfortably finish in the top 4 tbh, and also above Goons and poss Liv

United are ahead after 45 minutes, but it's a pretty fragile lead. Interesting to note that Villa put a player on Onana on corners, same as Everton / City / Brighton did to us.

We have a top four spot in our own hands now with 14 games left .
Would have ripped someone’s arm off to be in this position when the season kicked off .

Going to enjoy the remaining games and see where it takes us

COYS

I must admit… I did truly fear the impending sale of Kane when we were getting hammered last season by Newcastle…

I’m pleased that I appear to have been wrong.

Yeah, I know, I know nothing about football. I think I had Kane-blindness.

Sequence of games in April / May:

April:
Newcastle (A),
Man City (H),
Woolwich (H).

May:
Liverpool (A),
Burnley (H),
Sheff Utd (A).

We really need to bank as many points as possible before the first four of those games above.

I think ultimately United is going to be our biggest challenger for top 4, Villa are fading.
Yeah it looks like those top 3 going for the title.. Then a shoot out between us & United for 4th. But United have very little margin for error so the pressure is on them. We just need to match them. Villa should hang on in there for 6th.
I have a Sneaky feeling Liverpool might drop down a bit especially with all the cup distractions especially europa. Still 4th at worst. But we shall see.

Just a prediction, fella, stated as fact to emphasise my COYS credentials

Son Heung-Min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur
I thought there was some kind of fixture anomaly that meant they'd have to drop points.

Back
Top Bottom