The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anybody think Burnley might stay up ahead of Everton? They both affect top 4 .
(Effect or affect? Can’t remember which is right)

I imagine the relegation scrap running until the last day.... Although us beating Burnley may well be the match to relegate them and thus afford The Goons a gimme 3 points against Everton on the final day.

Sky got exactly what they wanted..... The title, top4 and relegation are all v.intriguingly poised.

Woolwich haven't been some unstoppable force the past two games either. Utd could have scored 4 on another day, Chelsea were a comedy of errors for 3 Woolwich goals. They haven't suddenly become a winning machine.

Agreed. All this bullshit about how Woolwich will win all their games, bolloks!! They have got 2 good results granted, but Woolwich are dropping points in 2/3 of their remaining games 100%. It’s down to us to take advantage

I know that but do you really think we can beat Liverpool in anfield playing how we played in our last two games?
We won’t get anything at Anfield. But Woolwich won’t get anything at Newcastle either. So swings and roundabouts. I don’t think we will get too 4 or deserve it. But it’s not totally out of the question.

We don’t even need them to lose mate. If Westham can get a draw at home against Woolwich and we beat Leicester, we go above them on goal difference. As pissed as i am, this is far from over as things stand.. Leicester is a pivotal game now. Drop points in that, then it’s game over agreed.

Not sure we will beat Leicester. They have all their injured players back and they as a club hate us and will love to get revenge for the way we beat them up at their place earlier this season.

Not sure we will beat Leicester. They have all their injured players back and they as a club hate us and will love to get revenge for the way we beat them up at their place earlier this season.

They just played out a stale 0-0 with 15th placed Villa and like WH they also have European business to attend to.......

Like the rest of these games It’s simply up to us to show up.

We do that and 13 points is still plausible.

We don't and we could amass fuck all.

The last two performances have been really poor and after getting into a good position for top 4 we really threw the chance back .Much as I would love to think we win our remaining games bar pool one and goons drop points it doesn't look likely . We should have being buzzing after a good run but instead we flop and its the goons who will be buzzing and are not as bad as some would like to believe no way would we have beaten Chelsea and utd under the same circumstances.

I still believe, be it a little less gobby than last last week.
of the 3 teams trying not to get 4th, we are better.
teams rolling over for the scum, does not make the scum any better.
manure players have all fucked off to a Relate group meeting.
if we can just shelve the fear , play instinctively and win our next game as a start.
Anfield is a free hit.

Normally I’m the most negative bastard when it comes to our bunch of bottlers, but i still think we are getting 4th. I think it comes down to who is the biggest bottlers out of the 2 and I think Woolwich are. Let’s not forget they lost 3 games in a row at against lower mid table clubs. It’s not impossible that Woolwich are dropping more points. They really ain’t that good. I think we will see a performance v Leicester and the tide will turn again.

They just played out a stale 0-0 with 15th placed Villa and like WH they also have European business to attend to.......

Like the rest of these games It’s simply up to us to show up.

We do that and 13 points is still plausible.

We don't and we could amass fuck all.

Will we or won't we show up :contehandshead:

Normally I’m the most negative bastard when it comes to our bunch of bottlers, but i still think we are getting 4th. I think it comes down to who is the biggest bottlers out of the 2 and I think Woolwich are. Let’s not forget they lost 3 games in a row at against lower mid table clubs. It’s not impossible that Woolwich are dropping more points. They really ain’t that good. I think we will see a performance v Leicester and the tide will turn again.
Woolwich have been horrific but still trying, and getting 3 points. We're not even trying.

I guess anything is possible, but the reason for hope is more on dumb luck than faith in the team.

It’s not over. They can drop points to Westham and Newcastle away 100%. We need to get our act together ASAP though
They won't: they always beat West Ham, and Newcastle will be on the beach.
There is 0 evidence we will 'get our act together'. We should have had our act together in the first half of Brighton. We should have got it together in the second half. We should have got it together today. We didn't, and we won't.

Woolwich have been horrific but still trying, and getting 3 points. We're not even trying.

I guess anything is possible, but the reason for hope is more on dumb luck than faith in the team.

We’re they trying when they got pumped 3-0 against palace? Or 0-2 at home to Brighton? Mate, they are well capable of dropping lots of points. Don’t give them the satisfaction that they are suddenly on a huge roll and will win all their remaining games because they won’t. We can get 4th still. It’s in our hands regardless of us playing Liverpool. It’s still ours to lose.

If we take our Tottenham blinkers off it does look like they are more settled and as a unit pushing hard in every game. It's to be expected, legohead has been in the job longer and the players are well adjusted to his demands. As a team they are on an upward curve whereas we are too inconsistent and we don't even know if our manager will be here next season or beyond. Look at Man Utd, uncertainty plays havoc with a group of mentally fragile millionaire footballers who will look for any excuse to coast in games.

They won't: they always beat West Ham, and Newcastle will be on the beach.
There is 0 evidence we will 'get our act together'. We should have had our act together in the first half of Brighton. We should have got it together in the second half. We should have got it together today. We didn't, and we won't.

Newcastle are not on the beach though. They are one of the most in form teams in the league bud. They want to finish the season as high as possible and no doubt the St James park crowd will be right up for it. Woolwich are dropping points in that game. Westham away i can see a draw too.

Back
Top Bottom