The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.5 XG against Brighton at home and .5 against Brentford who have nothing to play for. Absolute disgrace and no explanation other than full stop bottle job. Fucking fuming still.

Last edited:
It looks like the Arse players want it more. Even when they lost recently they were creating chances and pushing hard for the wins. Our lot have completely gone off the boil, slow, sluggish, devoid of any passion to fight for the top 4 place.

He needs to have a rethink. Can’t persist with the 343 with toxic frauds like Poj and Royal in the side and expect a different outcome. Kulu at RWB, Berg in the front 3….. honestly think I would bring Dier into DM and play Rodon in the back 3

I would agree if we had two battling games against Brighton and Brentford but right now I can’t see us winning a game. Especially with 9 outfield players due to contes blinkered approach to the squad
Yeah doesn’t look too rosy, but Brentford are a decent side, especially after Eriksen’s arrival galvanised them.

Leicester game might suit us better because they’ll probably have an eye on their semifinals. NLD is a must win, regardless of the race we’re in. And the last two should be win games, I believe both Burnley and Norwich will be relegated by the time we play them.

The key is Woolwich to drop points somewhere, or we should get something out of the Liverpool game. Even if they lose the NLD and they win the rest of the games whilst we lose against Liverpool, they’ll still finish 4th.

I would agree if we had two battling games against Brighton and Brentford but right now I can’t see us winning a game. Especially with 9 outfield players due to contes blinkered approach to the squad
It’s different styles tho. Leicester and Goons will play football vs us rather than bank up…. It’s high risk as we could easily lose both but there will be more chances imo, ditto Liverpool.

West Ham could take something from Goons too but this is last chance saloon now

As shit as we have been the past two games, it's very possible that Woolwich lose to West Ham and we beat Leicester, putting us back in 4th. More than likely we'd get smashed against Liverpool and they'd beat Leeds...meaning we have to go and win the derby and then beat a relegated Burnley and Norwich to get 4th.

It's not over, bit Conte needs to change our wingbacks I think. Put Sanchez in the back 3 and use Davies at lwb, then play Bergwijn or Lucas at rwb.

It looks like the Arse players want it more. Even when they lost recently they were creating chances and pushing hard for the wins. Our lot have completely gone off the boil, slow, sluggish, devoid of any passion to fight for the top 4 place.

Tbf their loss against Brighton was no better.... They didn't start playing til they were 2-0 down in the 80-something minute.

.....And against Palace they were absolutely atrocious

100% this.

How many games this season have we put in performances where it was clear as day we didn't even want to win? literally create fuck all or very little.

At least with Gooner scum they usually lose fighting but our lot literally just lay down and die.

It will still be tight till the end but I just don't trust this team. Arse firmly in the driving seat, it's theirs to lose.
That was US 2 weeks ago... It was OURS to lose!
I wonder if the Arse will choke like we have, the moment they edge on front...
That rearranged NLD really was tactical, wasn't it?

All it took was us getting the tip of our nose in front of the scum before we're overwhelmed with vertigo and altitude sickness and have a complte core meltdown.

Such pathetic, puny little boys.

I'm so absolutely fucking done with it.
...and to think we're striving to get 4th, to play amongst the BIG BOYS at the Top Table...
I thought having a week between games to PROPERLY PREPARE was gonna salvage our season...

...and yet anyone who leaves (or doesn't come) will cite the 'lack of CL football's as their reasoning...

Yet the fuck we gonna do next season when/if we're playing twice a week, with Europe thrown in???

Sometimes we need to be careful what we wish for!

wait...

people actually think there's a slight chance Woolwich are going to lose to spammers reserves??

hahahahahahahahahah

We don’t even need them to lose mate. If Westham can get a draw at home against Woolwich and we beat Leicester, we go above them on goal difference. As pissed as i am, this is far from over as things stand.. Leicester is a pivotal game now. Drop points in that, then it’s game over agreed.

Back
Top Bottom