*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bergwijn's ineligible.
Thats All Folks Reaction GIF by Super Deluxe

Have to say, I’m expecting a win tonight. If we can’t beat a championship side like Stoke, we might as well pack our bags because we are never winning a trophy. This game won’t define our season because we should be winning this and winning this comfortably

For the sake of the Mourinho project, I think we really need a reaction and result today. He is famously demanding and no doubt got stuck in to a few after the Leicester performance. He doesn't avoid conflict, and it has worked for him many times, but when his players stop responding / believing it unravels very quickly.

Personally I think we are still very much in the up phase with Mourinho. Carabao Cup would be a very nice little appetiser for hopefully even better things to come.

Last edited:
Have to say, I’m expecting a win tonight. If we can’t beat a championship side like Stoke, we might as well pack our bags because we are never winning a trophy. This game won’t define our season because we should be winning this and winning this comfortably
Should be over by half time tbh

Stoke are without four goalkeepers and must choose between an inexperienced 19-year-old and a 37-year-old who has not played a league game in almost two years.

They are also without a number of other players due to injury including former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, Wales midfielder Joe Allen and defender Ryan Shawcross.

BvqSnWV.png

Stoke are without four goalkeepers and must choose between an inexperienced 19-year-old and a 37-year-old who has not played a league game in almost two years.

They are also without a number of other players due to injury including former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, Wales midfielder Joe Allen and defender Ryan Shawcross.
Boring 0-0 and penalties incoming

It's us once again just as we drift into the slightly longer days.

Just as belief had arrived taking on its new position and looking like it was settling in, did role vacant reappear.

Seems like hope is but a passing trader with us.

The only question it seems is whether it is pain now or pain soon to come.

Should be over by half time tbh

totally agree. Obviously it will be great to win today, but we are not suddenly “back” by beating Stoke I’m sorry. Tonight should be a formality, nothing less. The Xmas period of league games is where we can redeem ourselves and pick up the points needed. Tonight’s game is a game we should not be struggling in whatsoever.

Stoke fan in peace, seeing some of your hopeful lineups hasn’t exactly filled me with confidence to be honest.
We have 6 goalkeepers unable to play so that isn’t exactly the best of news, we’ve got too many injuries to risk putting out our very thin first team at the minute.
so if you can just score 1 and defend that’d be nice 😉
You only need to field 1 goalkeeper

totally agree. Obviously it will be great to win today, but we are not suddenly “back” by beating Stoke I’m sorry. Tonight should be a formality, nothing less. The Xmas period of league games is where we can redeem ourselves and pick up the points needed. Tonight’s game is a game we should not be struggling in whatsoever.
I wonder if we’ll be active in the transfer market January

BvqSnWV.png
You can bet your house (that's a very small mansion, Bazali Bazali ) that whichever makeshift goalie they select, he'll have a worldie against us.

Tottenham's last three EFL Cup ties have all gone to a penalty shootout including their exits in the past two seasons at the hands of Chelsea and Colchester United respectively, and they could become only the second side in the competition's history to go to four shootouts in a row - after Leicester from September 2018 to August 2019.

Stoke City EFL Cup form: WWWW
Stoke City form (all competitions): WWLDDW

Tottenham Hotspur EFL Cup form: W
Tottenham Hotspur form (all competitions): DWWDLL
For someone called sudoku you don't have a lot of sense

Back
Top Bottom