The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been a bad season, and to be honest I quite understand why we are where we are, as it feels like we are in the bottom 3. I have a bet with someone on here that we won't finish higher than 7th, and if he owns up, I am sure a charity somewhere will be a tenner better off come May.

Anyway, I fear the worst, and believe this will be yet another stuffing. The good news is that I have sold my ticket on because I will be watching the game from the Maldives.
I hope you didn't use Stubhub....

We're painting the river green here on Saturday afternoon. My plan is to get so ott pissed in public that my various goon friends will be too afraid to call to watch the match together on Sunday, fearing an encounter with vomit.

Thank heavens we have the match against Benfica first, come what may. If we had to welcome the scum right after last night's performance, we would be murdered.

I expect Tim to bench every whiny loser who doesn't play for the shirt and replace him with a kid. To punish the egomaniacs, natch. And gift his preferred side some points too.

So:

Shields
Kid -- Dawson (with one hamstring) -- Velkjović -- kid
Kid -- Bentaleb -- kid -- Andros
Kid -- kid

I know you're expecting Sandro there, but I'll remind you he's a dm.

I expect Tim to bench every whiny loser who doesn't play for the shirt and replace him with a kid. To punish the egomaniacs, natch. And gift his preferred side some points too.

So:

Shields
Kid -- Dawson (with one hamstring) -- Velkjović -- kid
Kid -- Bentaleb -- kid -- Andros
Kid -- kid

I know you're expecting Sandro there, but I'll remind you he's a dm.

I seriously wouldn't put it past him to name a team entirely from the Youth squad... just to prove a point (that he can) and purely out of spite!

I seriously wouldn't put it past him to name a team entirely from the Youth squad... just to prove a point (that he can) and purely out of spite!
I'm beginning to think Levy sold off all our first team players on the quiet last summer and what we have been in fact watching this season is the under 18's in very convincing masks

Going to my first NLD derby this Sunday!

Trust me to go at the worst time.

Might as well print spursy on the back of my shirt
Worst time is irrelevant. My first NLD was back in the Nineties at Highbury and we got spanked 3-1. But there is always something special about the occasion that makes up for a poor side and poor league position.

Well, normally anyhow....

The scum are 6/4 to win, which is basically free money...

:levyeyes:

I'm not looking forward to it. I don't think many of the players are aware just how much it means to us to be totally honest.

This. Very worried about Sunday. I just don't think the players have enough fire in the bellies to know what this match means to us fans and the club in general.

I think we really need a proper showing on Thursday.
If we get rocked by Benfica, Sunday could be a horror show.
But if the team bounce back Thursday night, who knows ...

Come on You, SPURS!

:smesh:
This season taught me that Sunday can be a horror show regardless of the result against Benfica. Not very optimistic about this game...

Back
Top Bottom