The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
The rate at which a managers viability declines is markedly slower than the rate which a players viability does.
Modern fans a fickle in a way that reflects the mentality of today's society, ie the attention span of a housefly.
Sacking our manager because players are past it is like dumping an F1 driver when the car you put him in cant compete with the other manufacturers cars.
He needs new players and the club needs to support him or put up with the results and the whining of wingeing fans that think they know more about top level management than Poch does.
My guess is that the club will dump him to appease the pitchfork and torch brigade - and we will all look on in dismay as he turns Bayern Munich back into an elite European side with their new strike force of Son and Kane
This isnt going to be like dumping AVB and Sherwood who went on to show the world how gash they really were.

Its quite something when you have a supporter put the interests of the manager ahead of the club and deride supporters for not accepting a manager that has picked up 25 points in the last 24 games.

Our players are past it? Tell me how Kane, Son, Ali, Eriksen, Ndombele just to name a few are past it exactly? The guy has an embarrassment of riches available to him and we are getting turned over easily by mediocre sides like Brighton.

It’s telling that you want to give a manager who wasted one of the best Spurs sides in a generation the opportunity to do that with another and tolerate endless abysmal performances and results in the process

You have been wrong at every junction on him and are quite happy to embarrass yourself even further by making claims that he will become an elite manager elsewhere.

Interesting debate on Twitter right now.

Have we really been great the last 5 years or has the rest of the league been shit making the top 4 more obtainable ?

Slightly pointless argument because we aren’t playing against ourselves from five years ago, we are playing against the rest of the PL today, and our results have us 14th and 11pts off 4th.

It means nothing if we had just two more points in 2016, because we were probably 4th.

It’s why I never cared for the record points tally under AVB.
Meant nothing, you don’t play against yourself from the past.
And that’s why 4th is always better than 5th........and in this case, 14th.

Haven't reached the stage where you need to put the letter 'e' on the end of the word just yet.
One thing please sammy, don't start winding people up , yesterday was a big step towards everyone trying to get on with one another. You are perfectly entitled to your views and opinions as is anybody else but I'm also relying on you to be equally as pleasant as I think you'll find others will now treat you. Hope so anyway.... :thumbup:

I too worry about Lo Celso. If we do end up in 14th spot that would not be the dream Poch sold him when he decided to join. It could well be he expresses his disappointment and desire for European football. Yes we can make him stay but then we have yet another demoralised player on our hands. Whilst the contractual details may be perfectly clear, the actual practicalities of trying to keep the guy happy should we not finish top six may be more difficult.
Not only GLC We have to be mindful of Kane and Son too. I'm sure both would love team medals. And Ndombele too. He is a very classy player and he's not going to stick around for a mid table team. We are playing with fire at the moment and we don't want to get our fingers burnt.

Its quite something when you have a supporter put the interests of the manager ahead of the club and deride supporters for not accepting a manager that has picked up 25 points in the last 24 games.

Our players are past it? Tell me how Kane, Son, Ali, Eriksen, Ndombele just to name a few are past it exactly? The guy has an embarrassment of riches available to him and we are getting turned over easily by mediocre sides like Brighton.

It’s telling that you want to give a manager who wasted one of the best Spurs sides in a generation the opportunity to do that with another and tolerate endless abysmal performances and results in the process

You have been wrong at every junction on him and are quite happy to embarrass yourself even further by making claims that he will become an elite manager elsewhere.

Mick may well be right- he may go to Bayern and win the lot. But I don’t care about that because it is what he does at Spurs that is the important thing. The Premier League sorts out the wheat from the chaff and things have not been right for a long time now. He does have quality in that squad- virtually all are internationals. It is up to Pochettino to motivate them, coach them and find the right blend of youth and experience to win matches- a challenging job but one for which he is handsomely paid. 25 points from 24 games would have seen most managers sacked by now

I can't understand why the media aren't giving Poch stick for the poor preformances since last Feb, CL finalist only picking up 25pts from 24 games ?
Dick emery down the road is being sacked in the papers all the time because they are having a bad season, their above us
West Spam going to sack manager for poor run, they have not been top 4 for the last few years (like us) but nothing about Poch ?

The Spurs Show poll gives 83% Poch stay ?
how can 83% be so blind to the results we have had since Feb ?
I know I came from a different view point regarding Poch than most spurs supporters, If Poch was able to change things round he would have done it in the summer before the season started, we played poorly most of last season, we were lucky to get to CL final and be in top 4, surely he see things had to change
if he wasn't getting his players in, he must have had a backup plan using last seasons players but in a different style/way of playing
he has worked for Levy for a long time so knows he is unlikely to get the players he want's so he must have had a backup plan, but it looks like he hasn't had a backup plan great manager then ?

The rate at which a managers viability declines is markedly slower than the rate which a players viability does.
Modern fans a fickle in a way that reflects the mentality of today's society, ie the attention span of a housefly.
Sacking our manager because players are past it is like dumping an F1 driver when the car you put him in cant compete with the other manufacturers cars.
He needs new players and the club needs to support him or put up with the results and the whining of wingeing fans that think they know more about top level management than Poch does.
My guess is that the club will dump him to appease the pitchfork and torch brigade - and we will all look on in dismay as he turns Bayern Munich back into an elite European side with their new strike force of Son and Kane
This isnt going to be like dumping AVB and Sherwood who went on to show the world how gash they really were.

“Sacking our manager because players are past it....”

Average age of Liverpool squad 25.2 yrs,
Man City 25.7 yrs,
Spurs 26 yrs
Leicester 26.1 yrs

If the squad was being managed effectively shouldn’t it be approaching peak technical performance and fitness at average age of 26?

Last edited:
“Sacking our manager because players are past it....”

Average age of Liverpool squad 25.2 yrs,
Man City 25.7 yrs,
Spurs 26 yrs
Leicester 26.1 yrs

If the squad was being managed effectively shouldn’t it be approaching peak technical performance and fitness at average age of 26?
Rose, Alderweield, Vertonghen are 29, 30, 32
and want out. Eriksen is gone already
Sissoko is 30

I can't understand why the media aren't giving Poch stick for the poor preformances since last Feb, CL finalist only picking up 25pts from 24 games ?
Dick emery down the road is being sacked in the papers all the time because they are having a bad season, their above us
West Spam going to sack manager for poor run, they have not been top 4 for the last few years (like us) but nothing about Poch ?
It is because the media hate us and want us to suffer for longer

You bought age up, dont dismiss it because it doesnt fit your argument

Nonsense- you were discussing players that were past it, not me so you brought age into it.

I repeat your quote “ Sacking our manager because players are past it is like dumping an F1 driver when the car you put him in can’t compete with the other manufacturers cars”.
So players being past it has nothing to do with age then?!
So actually to quote you again perhaps it is you who has the “Attention span of a housefly”

Last edited:
Poch is a nice guy who gives everything for the club so people don’t want to blame him. Simple fact is most managers and especially our past managers had to work under worse circumstances such as selling top players, not getting players they want. He may be one of the best motivators in all sports but anyone who has regularly watched us can see some of his tactical weaknesses and more investment is never going to correct that.

Back
Top Bottom