The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Just cannot see Rodgers giving up what he has at Leicester and risking a new partnership with Levy. He has a very exciting young side who are doing really well so to walk away from that would seem somewhat silly.
I agree that Rodgers should stay where he is until at least the end of the season. Rose and Nagelsmann have only just started at BMG and RBL, so we needn't expect to be able to lure either of them right now either.

If we are only going to consider people who are out of work, on the other hand, it doesn't leave us with many options. Even Wenger has found a job.

Not sure how many actually track bookies odds, but Poch has gone from 14/1, to 4/1 and now at 2/1 to leave/sacked.

Could be that someone has just whacked £10k on it, but it’s quite a drop. Some rumours floating he has walked, which I don’t believe.

Not sure how many actually track bookies odds, but Poch has gone from 14/1, to 4/1 and now at 2/1 to leave/sacked.

Could be that someone has just whacked £10k on it, but it’s quite a drop. Some rumours floating he has walked, which I don’t believe.

Reading your post and the subsequent google search made me come across this:

Some excerpts:

SON HEUNG-MIN is reportedly considering his future at Tottenham.

The South Korean flyer's form has largely been unaffected by Spurs' horrendous 2019.

But Football Insider claim that he is worried about his chances of fulfilling his ambitions in North London, particularly if boss Mauricio Pochettino leaves.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR have reportedly made contact with Jose Mourinho over a stunning move to replace Mauricio Pochettino in North London.

The 56-year-old has been out of work since being sacked by Manchester United last December – but is believed to have chosen his next destination.

Make of that what you will. The part about Son is strange to say the least.

I've swung back into the Poch in camp. I really hate the idea of him not getting to mould the next phase but equally the results have seen us fall flat on our faces.

I'm OK going through this lull until the point where we are really left with no other choice. A CB, a DM and just committing to playing the next generation of mainstays and I think we will back on a steady path. I'd like to persevere and give him a little more time. I'd understand if we didn't but I've swung and I hope he stays.

Last edited:

Some excerpts:

The South Korean flyer's form has largely been unaffected by Spurs' horrendous 2019.

But Football Insider claim that he is worried about his chances of fulfilling his ambitions in North London, particularly if boss Mauricio Pochettino leaves.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR have reportedly made contact with Jose Mourinho over a stunning move to replace Mauricio Pochettino in North London.

The 56-year-old has been out of work since being sacked by Manchester United last December – but is believed to have chosen his next destination.

If we were to replace Son with Werner, I think I could find the will to go on living.

I've swung back into the Poch in camp. I really hate the idea of him not getting to mound the next phase but equally the results have seen us fall flat on our faces.

I'm OK going through this lull until the point where we are really left with no other choice. A CB, a DM and just committing to playing the next generation of mainstays and I think we will back on a steady path. I'd like to persevere and give him a little more time. I'd understand if we didn't but I've swung and I hope he stays.
The rate at which a managers viability declines is markedly slower than the rate which a players viability does.
Modern fans a fickle in a way that reflects the mentality of today's society, ie the attention span of a housefly.
Sacking our manager because players are past it is like dumping an F1 driver when the car you put him in cant compete with the other manufacturers cars.
He needs new players and the club needs to support him or put up with the results and the whining of wingeing fans that think they know more about top level management than Poch does.
My guess is that the club will dump him to appease the pitchfork and torch brigade - and we will all look on in dismay as he turns Bayern Munich back into an elite European side with their new strike force of Son and Kane
This isnt going to be like dumping AVB and Sherwood who went on to show the world how gash they really were.

Some excerpts:

Great sources there - "SunSport Reporters" means they cribbed the story from some bollocks on the internet (and no hack will put their name to it), Football Insider does the same when it's not just making stuff up to fill space which leaves... err... Neil Ashton.

Great sources there - "SunSport Reporters" means they cribbed the story from some bollocks on the internet (and no hack will put their name to it), Football Insider does the same when it's not just making stuff up to fill space which leaves... err... Neil Ashton.

Except when SunSport Reporters say “Poch is unhappy about funds”

Then it’s alllllllllll true

So few people bet on those that a tenner could probably have swung it...

Cos we’re shite?

:kanehand:
Haven't reached the stage where you need to put the letter 'e' on the end of the word just yet.
One thing please sammy, don't start winding people up , yesterday was a big step towards everyone trying to get on with one another. You are perfectly entitled to your views and opinions as is anybody else but I'm also relying on you to be equally as pleasant as I think you'll find others will now treat you. Hope so anyway.... :thumbup:

I too worry about Lo Celso. If we do end up in 14th spot that would not be the dream Poch sold him when he decided to join. It could well be he expresses his disappointment and desire for European football. Yes we can make him stay but then we have yet another demoralised player on our hands. Whilst the contractual details may be perfectly clear, the actual practicalities of trying to keep the guy happy should we not finish top six may be more difficult.

Haven't reached the stage where you need to put the letter 'e' on the end of the word just yet.
One thing please sammy, don't start winding people up , yesterday was a big step towards everyone trying to get on with one another. You are perfectly entitled to your views and opinions as is anybody else but I'm also relying on you to be equally as pleasant as I think you'll find others will now treat you. Hope so anyway.... :thumbup:

I too worry about Lo Celso. If we do end up in 14th spot that would not be the dream Poch sold him when he decided to join. It could well be he expresses his disappointment and desire for European football. Yes we can make him stay but then we have yet another demoralised player on our hands. Whilst the contractual details may be perfectly clear, the actual practicalities of trying to keep the guy happy should we not finish top six may be more difficult.

I’ve made three spurs related posts in three days. Got three funnies too.....how unpleasant.

You’re lecture just wound me up.....does that count?

Interesting debate on Twitter right now.

Have we really been great the last 5 years or has the rest of the league been shit making the top 4 more obtainable ?

Interesting debate on Twitter right now.

Have we really been great the last 5 years or has the rest of the league been shit making the top 4 more obtainable ?

A bit of both I think. While we were undoubtedly improved as a team, some of our rivals have also been underperforming, notably Manure and the scum.

Back
Top Bottom