The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
If we do stick with Poch, I would love for us to bring in a Director of Football. Our long-term roster building is not very well thought out and how our academy players are developed seems really poor.

Honestly we need a DoF regardless of whether Poch stays or goes.
Might be the answer. Bring in a DoF and Poch gets upset and leaves.

There won't be a lot of quality players available in the January window, I'll guess we'll get maximum 2. Is this enough to turn it around? Knowing Poch strategy they will probably not get a start until mid April. I can't see Poch turn it around seeing the team play right now. Two new signings in January, in the starting 11 from early to mid April. I predict at best we'd land in between position 10 and 5. Are we prepared to back Poch, see us play like shit, end up 7th-ish and hopefully back him next summer and put our hope on Poch and his new signings going back to playing aggressive, attractive football and maybe challenge again next year?

I certainly don't. I think Poch has lost his will to start over with this team and challenge again. I'm also afraid he has lost the players. It could happen certainly. But I'm not willing to take that chance. In my opinion this team, with the right coach, can challenge for a top 4 spot this season and play CL next season. But than we need to kick Poch and get a winner in now. I hate Morinho, but right now I'd take him.

Last edited:
Who stays if he goes?
Gascoigne-negro, Winks, Tanganga, Foyth, Davies, NDombele, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Lamela, Dele, Parrott?

Who goes if he goes?
Lloris, Kane, Son?

Who goes if he stays?
Walker-Peters, Roles?

Who goes regardless?
Eriksen, Lo Celso, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Vorm?

Who stays if he goes?
Gascoigne-negro, Winks, Tanganga, Foyth, Davies, NDombele, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Lamela, Dele, Parrott?

Who goes if he goes?
Lloris, Kane, Son?

Who goes if he stays?
Walker-Peters, Roles?

Who goes regardless?
Why would Lo Celso go?

Last edited:
If we appoint Howe it will just sum up the entire mentality of our owners and if our fans are happy with Howe it just sums up how happy they are with mediocrity.

Howe has done nothing to prove he is worthy of the position at this club, if we want to really take the next step we need a proven winner, not another "project."

Who stays if he goes?

Who goes if he goes?
Lloris, Kane, Son?

Who goes if he stays?
Walker-Peters, Roles?

Who goes regardless?
How do you know who will stay or go if Poch does?
Behind the scenes there could loads who don't get along with him or do.
Wouldn't take what any of the players say now as gospel as must would say different once he leaves.

I do think many people underestimate the job Howe has done at Bournemouth, where they were when he took over and where they are now. It is a remarkable story. Plus he makes sure his teams have a British core, he tends to buy young players as well as buying foreigners. It's a good mix
So you like Eddie Howe, then? Why all the beating around the bush over it this morning?

So you like Eddie Howe, then? Why all the beating around the bush over it this morning?

Did Howe shit in your cornflakes and you cannot ever forgive him? I appreciate what Howe has done at Bournemouth, never hid it. Is that a problem? However I feel now we need to try and employ someone who like an Allegri, Ancelloti, maybe Mourinho. Winners. Capisce?

Did Howe shit in your cornflakes and you cannot ever forgive him? I appreciate what Howe has done at Bournemouth, never hid it. Is that a problem? However I feel now we need to try and employ someone who like an Allegri, Ancelloti, maybe Mourinho. Winners. Capisce?
You were hiding it this morning when you suggested we would only hire him because Levy is as tight as a duck's arse. Why would you bash Levy for hiring a manager you rate?

You were hiding it this morning when you suggested we would only hire him because Levy is as tight as a duck's arse. Why would you bash Levy for hiring a manager you rate?

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Hiding what? Is it so hard to comprehend that I can and so obviously have appreciated what Howe has done at Bournemouth but I want us now to employ someone with much more experience at winning the big trophies?

Yes I can bash Levy for hiring a manager I rate elsewhere but I don't think is right for our club at this moment. I rate the job Chris Wilder has done at Sheff Utd, doesnt mean he should be our next manager

I think Levy will try and replace Poch with a Howe or someone like him. Fans know this, have come to accept this and try to look for the positives in it

So I will ask you again. Who do you want if Poch goes and who do you think we will get? If there is any hiding or avoiding answering I think you need to look closer to home

Back
Top Bottom